What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne Cousins

Its nice to see WT's own *edit* Wayne Cousins, confronting the big issues at WT. Not for our fearless Minister of (Mis)Information stories of facts about where our wins will come from next season, the turning tide of supporter sentiment, the growing undercurrent of restlessness from our fan base, good old *Cousins* has again been busy on his Friday afternoon, putting the Speak and Spell Ronald bought him to good use and has typed another wishy washy article, this time about some kid with some disability the Tigers have visited.

No offence *Cousins*, but i don't give a flying how many hospitals my teams players visits, how many fete appearances they make or how many ghosts parades they attend. I care about them being able to win football games and the issues that contribute to helping them achieve those aims.

When will *Wayne Cousins* pen an objective, informative article about issues that are central to the WT objective .. i.e winning football games

Mish

Juniors
I think the work in the community is a very important part of Wests Tigers..

To help ensure the next generation of players I think it helps to have these good stories written to help parents encourage putting their kids in footy. Many parents like to see the other side to the game, the community work etc... they like to see it isnt some rough sport of blokes beating the crap out of each other.

And I think most might agree that it beats seeing all the other stuff in the media about drunken players in brawls etc.. fair enough we would like to see more about the future of the club written, but as we have been reminded it is run as a business and in the bests interests of WT theres a time and place for announcements to do with recruitment.

What utter tripe. What makes kids want to play football is a kid like Benji who captures everyone's imagination on the field. You only have to look at what impact the Benji factor had on junior league numbers in 06 when we won a comp on his back.

Anyways mish get back to what you know best .. talking about da pamfas and trying to crawl up *Cousins'* arse with crawling comments

smeghead

Bench
That and as you would well be aware Mulli in the beginnings of Rugby league the local club was an integral part of the community.

Does this not just carry on that time honoured tradition

How many kids do you think would have been wanting to play Junior League if we came last in 05 but visited 5 hospitals a day ?

smeghead

Bench
It is a balancing act.

But to say it should not be discussed simply because of players comings and goings is a tad silly

Mish

Juniors
Of course watching the likes of guys like Benji sparks kids wanting to play... but first those kids have to go home to Mum and Dad and ask them to enroll them to play and a lot of parents are hesitant as it is such a rough sport.

The media releases about the good work in the community.. the parents getting to meet the players and have a chat... all that helps put them at ease and helps the kids to convivce Mum and Dad to let them join.

It isn't just one thing or the other that gets the juniors coming through, its alot of things. And I certainly wouldn't bag the club for doing these good things.

Lets see how many kids get inspired to play the game when we come near last, Benji f**ks off and are in a rut for 5 yrs because of wrong and preventable management and recruitment errors.

smeghead

Bench
Oh and just quickly I normally wouldn't bring it up but as a fellow Yid you should know better.

*edit - offensive matter removed from thread - if you have any opposition to posts or threads submitted, please PM me in future and I will deal with it. Thank you - madunit

Not normally precious about these things but it is a bit harsh

Please spare me Smeg. Both are exponents of (mis)information that was fed to a gullible population. Please spare me the PC ness ... Shall we change cuzzo's name by deed poll to Comical CuzzE would be just as apt really `va (sic) tigers will defeat va heathen infidels from melbourne and win va comp' .. i can see it now.

Perhaps WT merchandise could consider a line in Comical CuzzE berets, with the profits funding a contract extension for the recruitment managers spastic son ?

*edit*

smeghead

Bench
It's not a PC thing. As the grandson of a survivor of that place and time it offends me. Nothing to do with political correctness. If you can't understand that more power to you I suppose

bigdamo

Juniors
iam with the man on the hill iam sick of the bs that comes from there enough is enough page filler fluff for the site is bs and pissing me right off hey smegghead go back to the other forum at the end of the day winning and league info is what its all about dont delude youreself champ.

innsaneink

Referee
bigdamo said:
iam with the man on the hill iam sick of the bs that comes from there enough is enough page filler fluff for the site is bs and pissing me right off hey smegghead go back to the other forum at the end of the day winning and league info is what its all about dont delude youreself champ.

...........,,,,,,,,,,,,................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...................
Try em, next time.

smeghead

Bench
yeah I will go back to the other forum.

f**k off noob.

Clearly you have no idea about the business that is rugby league. Whilst MOTH and I have our differences we understand the big picture. So go back, sit on the lounge you got at roadside collection, put on your Bring Back The Biff t-shirt and remember the good old days whilst getting plastered off Woodstock bourbon

smeghead said:
It's not a PC thing. As the grandson of a survivor of that place and time it offends me. Nothing to do with political correctness. If you can't understand that more power to you I suppose

Well i don't want to offend and the nickname was intended to demonstrate the fact that Wayne Cousins is full of bullsh*t and spin, and that only. As such, henceforth, the king of spin, the sheikh of tweak shall be referred to as Comical CuzzE.

smeghead

Bench
All good.

Most days it actually won't offend me but some days since he has passed on it does.

Much appreciated.

Shiek of Tweak sits ok with me.

Now commence teeing off on bigdamo at your leisure

bigdamo

Juniors
hey smeg the only noob is you what you know about football you could put on the back of a postage stamp. ha ha ha

smeghead

Bench
:lol: If you say so champ.

Puntuation is your friend.

Now back to your Woodstocks and beating off over videos of Rex Mossop

super_coach

First Grade
Look Wayne Cousins got the hardest job in the media game. Its right up their with being In charge of "spin" for Howard. He is trying to talk up a place which is out of control heading down.

Latest posts