What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WB Myth or Messiah

juniorknight

Juniors
Mullen = wrong he's still as inconsistent as ever
Mason is still not the player he used to be at his best
Gagai is just showing the talent he had
Kev - see above (why has he only signed for one year if he is the future?)
Roberts - overall no better than last season IMO
Houston - still couldn't knock the fluff of a cappuccino
Rochow - Maybe I never watched him at the storm
McKinnon - Arguably would have developed the same under anyone

Any more improvers?

Rod

Bench
Don't you think that is post a bit hypocritical considering that in the Eddie thread you were calling people 'keyboard heroes' for criticising a player and suggested said posters go down to training and make suggestions?

Silent Knight

First Grade

Any more improvers?

I'm done with you, you're definitely a Herald regular. Kindly f*** off.

Spot On

Coach

Any more improvers?

Mullo - more consistent with his kicking game than he has ever been. He has controlled the tempo of many games this year. Decision makinh a thousand times better this season. Was a basket case at times last few years.
Mason - Wasn't a fan but happy to go with him as desperate times called for desperate measures and with Wayne and 50K sign on you couldn't say no. Has made our $400K prop look like a $50K purchase. Oh the irony! I am genuinely surprised at just how good he has been in the front row. Only a complete f**kwit would not be able to see that. Only a complete moron would ever expect a 32 year old to "peak".
Gagai - even Bennett has said he is blown away by what he done playing out of position. He has outplayed his opposite most weeks and left Morris for dead last week. Morris missed 6 tackles. The same Morris who made Inglis look ordinary in Origin.
Kev - plain for all to see how good a bloke with no grade experience has been. Brilliant.

.... and so on and so forth.

Some people, I'm sure, don't watch or understand the game.

Is that you Stuke?

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
You are dead set delusional if you think our team is going to look like it does now in 3 years time. How about you judge how we're going in 3 years, in about 3 years.

Fair dinkum, worrying about what is going to happen after the next 3 seasons expire! :lol:

Messiah all the way. I believe he will have us playing premiership contending football in 12 months time. It will be up to the players to actually win a grand final, but Wayne will deliver them the winning formula on a platter. Talented youth, that is ready, will be injected into the team over the next 3 years (as it already has been this year, along with some old heads that we were desperately lacking, too).

Forget improving individuals, he's going to improve (and has improved already) the team as a whole. Some of our wins this year have been the best football we've played since Johns hung up the boots, and we're only just getting started.

juniorknight said:
Mullen = wrong he's still as inconsistent as ever no
Mason is still not the player he used to be at his best playing great football under Wayne, to argue otherwise is nonsense.
Gagai is just showing the talent he had Talent that needed to be focused and harnessed - and was at risk of not doing so.
Kev - see above (why has he only signed for one year if he is the future?) see above
Roberts - overall no better than last season IMO you've got to be kidding. are you blind? has EASILY played his best football this year... did absolutely f**king nothing last year.
Houston - still couldn't knock the fluff of a cappuccino is playing the best football he has since the drug scandal.
Rochow - Maybe I never watched him at the storm seems to be going alright to me
McKinnon - Arguably would have developed the same under anyone arguably you have no idea of knowing one way or another, but it's nice to try and fit one into your argument.
see, it's easy to throw a bunch of random rebukes around.

Nuffy

Bench

Any more improvers?

JK

I can't believe you are running some of these blokes down and defending Eddy to the hilt.

Other than Houston, each of these blokes would be on less than Eddy was offered and adds more value.

Frederick

Staff member

Any more improvers?

I-can-count-to-potato.jpg

stuke

Bench
Mullo - more consistent with his kicking game than he has ever been. He has controlled the tempo of many games this year. Decision makinh a thousand times better this season. Was a basket case at times last few years.
Mason - Wasn't a fan but happy to go with him as desperate times called for desperate measures and with Wayne and 50K sign on you couldn't say no. Has made our $400K prop look like a $50K purchase. Oh the irony! I am genuinely surprised at just how good he has been in the front row. Only a complete f**kwit would not be able to see that. Only a complete moron would ever expect a 32 year old to "peak".
Gagai - even Bennett has said he is blown away by what he done playing out of position. He has outplayed his opposite most weeks and left Morris for dead last week. Morris missed 6 tackles. The same Morris who made Inglis look ordinary in Origin.
Kev - plain for all to see how good a bloke with no grade experience has been. Brilliant.

.... and so on and so forth.

Some people, I'm sure, don't watch or understand the game.

Is that you Stuke?

Not me Spot On. You do seem a little obsessed by me though....back off and give me some space mate, your are coming on far too needy. No-one likes that, especially when we have just met ;-).

juniorknight

Juniors
Hmmm picking on disabled people is hilarious guys. Very big of you all. Maybe next we can joke about SIDS or even funnier cancer!

Spot On

Coach
Not me Spot On. You do seem a little obsessed by me though....back off and give me some space mate, your are coming on far too needy. No-one likes that, especially when we have just met ;-).

Nah, playing hard to get just turns me on even more. Obsessed ..... you aint seen nothing yet!

I'd say a lot of forum users might accuse you of a similar thing. Your obsession with the Master coach is becoming a little creepy to say the least. What's the bad experience you copped from Wayne?

juniorknight

Juniors
Fred I just hope Mum doesn't check your internet history or you might be in trouble when Dad gets home and the PS3 gets put away in the cupboard

RABK

Referee
So hows getting pregnant to a hopeless football player doing for you? Seems to have got you permanently on your rags. You should be in that show 'When footy groupies get knocked up"

Apey

Staff member
Hmmm picking on disabled people is hilarious guys. Very big of you all. Maybe next we can joke about SIDS or even funnier cancer!

honestly, your post was barely worth a response. like when all nutjobs go on their tirades on LU, your best bet is either to a) post a picture or b) post a one-liner. never bother getting dragged into long-winded debates with dingleberries.

Last edited:

Big Tim

First Grade

Are you suggesting that the death of an infant child is on a lower level to cancer??

Any more improvers?

Mullen: Very consistent. Is he "joey-ing" games? No. But he certainly is putting us in a position to win them.

Mason: 32 years old. His peak was in the back row near 10 years ago. What do you want from him? I would consider comparing him to any prop we have had since Perry and Parsons... he would be up there with those guys in their "prime"

Gagai: Got him into grade as a regular every week since he arrived. Looks every bit the seasoned veteran

Kev: Same as above. He has had some amazing form in the NSW cup playing Benny-ball. It wasnt an accident that he game into grade and has not only fit, but stood out.

Roberts: Alot more organisation in his game. Still has the ability to ad-lib and run, but is able to play to a structure. If you go back to last year, he and Stig looked a little lost at times.

Houston: Already a Country rep, and an 18th man for NSW. What improvement did you expect? Still solid as a rock in D. Struggled mid year (as did the whole team) with his attack, but seems to be finding something in the latter stages.

Rochow: Hard to say much about him. Looks like a solid player. I wouldnt think he would have got a run in FG last year under Stone, so the fact that he got picked would come down to Bennett.

McKinnon: Would have developed under any coach? You are aware he was a Dragon for the last 3 years? When Wayne was the coach down there..... I am sure you would know this.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I'm amazed we've actually got a thread like this one not even a year into Bennett's four-year tenure.

There have been signs throughout the year that this team is actually going places, but it's not going to happen overnight.

Latest posts