What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WC - 3 Groups

paulmac

Juniors
According to RLR the WC will have 3 groups with one of four teams and two of 3 teams.I cannot understand this why not just 2 groups of five?Or if they want 3 groups they should of gone with 12 teams.To me it seems the RLIF couldnt organise a root in a brothel.

ozbash

Referee
well, for a start they are minus the Aotearoa Maori side next w/cup.

i agree tho, they couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery :)

Matterhorn

Juniors
yes at least have it at 9 - with the top + next best qualifier through or 12 with the top + next best qualifier through

3,3,4 doesnt make sure.

dimitri

First Grade
paulmac said:
According to RLR the WC will have 3 groups with one of four teams and two of 3 teams.I cannot understand this why not just 2 groups of five?Or if they want 3 groups they should of gone with 12 teams.To me it seems the RLIF couldnt organise a root in a brothel.

i agree

12 seems much more logical!

This system is a joke. Who's ever heard of an uneven number in a pool at a world cup or any other tournament for that metter. I know it's what happened in 95 but it's not a good idea. It means four teams will only play two games. What's the point in them even coming at great expense and after a big build-up. It's another sign the ARL/NRL are trying to keep this WC as small an event as possible.

southsman

Juniors
sounds crazy to me too... Makes the comp look unprofessional and again lacking in quality .

Surely it will be two pools of 5 . Spread between NZ and Australia.

Latest posts