What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WC 34th Match: India v West Indies - Manchester 27/6/19 (Ind win by 125 runs)

I think there are much more than 5. Gayle would struggle to make a 2nd XI imo.

Benefit of the doubt, I think he said “echelon”?

If an echelon is 15-20, ok.

He definitely didn’t say top5 “all-rounders”. He is top 3 All-Rounder, give him that.

Top 5 West Indian cricketer? Pass the dutchie ploiz...

JJ

Immortal
Any thoughts on Gayle pronouncing himself to be top echelon (did he say top 5?) of best West Indian cricketers of all time?

Not so fast I say.

I can think of five better than him off the top of my head.
Did he really? LMFAO - maybe for T20

Seriously, no idea where he'd sit but it's a long time before you'd consider his name

TheParraboy

Staff member
Any thoughts on Gayle pronouncing himself to be top echelon (did he say top 5?) of best West Indian cricketers of all time?

Not so fast I say.

I can think of five better than him off the top of my head.

If you include ALL forms of the game he would be right up there

Although his test record is decent, he wouldn't be no where near top 5 in that field

TheParraboy

Staff member
too easy for team india

Am expecting them to top the table

Could well be 1 v 4 in one of the semi finals (Ind v Eng) or whoever makes 4th spot

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
West Indies approach of stacking their line up with across the line sloggers didn't really work.

Just the one win.

I think the pitches for the cup have exposed the sloggers and the bowlers who buy wickets on roads.

typicalfan

Coach
West Indies approach of stacking their line up with across the line sloggers didn't really work.

Just the one win.

I think the pitches for the cup have exposed the sloggers and the bowlers who buy wickets on roads.
True, and doesn't Holding tear them to shreds, with nothing more than some basic logic.

Some world class players and some that arent up to the standard sadly with some good cricketers somehow missing out.

Eelectrica

Referee
Imagine the out cry on here if Australia posted only 268...
True enough. India aren't looking to post records they're just looking to score enough to win

Still it can be hard to know what a winning score is and in ODI's over last couple of years our bowlers haven't been able to defend a total. So it's kind of understandable.

I think expectations have been exceeded so far so they've probably earnt some BOTD.

typicalfan

Coach
True enough. India aren't looking to post records they're just looking to score enough to win

Still it can be hard to know what a winning score is and in ODI's over last couple of years our bowlers haven't been able to defend a total. So it's kind of understandable.

I think expectations have been exceeded so far so they've probably earnt some BOTD.
Yep, I'd say any total when Kohli has been the main contributor and that also has Dhoni stay in long enough to begin swinging the bat would be enough to challenge anyone.

They are that far ahead of the rest it isn't funny. They would have to flop not to win.

TheFrog

Coach
Yep, I'd say any total when Kohli has been the main contributor and that also has Dhoni stay in long enough to begin swinging the bat would be enough to challenge anyone.

They are that far ahead of the rest it isn't funny. They would have to flop not to win.
They haven't been put under pressure yet. With a bit of luck it happens in the semi and we don't even have to play them again.

I'd like to see them face Pakistan in the semi.

Last edited:

Latest posts