What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WC 3rd match: New Zealand v Sri Lanka- Cardiff, Jun 1 2019 (NZ won by 10 wickets)

shiznit

Coach
Poor buggers... they just look like they are being outclassed...

I’ll tell you what though... if they can put anything half decent up to defend... we’ve always struggled with Malinga.

Bazal

Post Whore
All out 136

Feel for the skipper, carried his bat for 52 as his team were abysmal around him

Iafeta

Referee
Ferguson gives the third umpire a big up yours. Was that our old mate “that could have been anything”?

shiznit

Coach
I may have had too much whiskey this evening but one of these buggers commentating sounds like Bruno... I think it’s Sanga...

Bazal

Post Whore
I can cop that. But I’ve seen about 49 catches like that that are ruled as out.

Really?

I mean I've seen ones where the fielder gets the benefit for sure, "fingers under the ball" and a little bit of grass where it's 50/50....but that clearly hit the ground, nothing 50/50 about it

Oh FFS it's a Cringe Nable voice over....

shiznit

Coach
I can cop that. But I’ve seen about 49 catches like that that are ruled as out.
The way I’ve always seen it... if any part of the ball touches the grass it’s not a catch.

I realise they’ve given some pretty f**king dodgy ones in the past but I always just try and ignore that and go with what I consider a catch...

That SL captain had a fair knock... did his f**king best...

shiznit

Coach
Holy Shit... is that Lasith Malinga or Big Worm from Friday...

Dudes gotta fair gut on him these days...

shiznit

Coach
Clinical stuff from NZ... certainly showed the pitch wasn’t as bad as it looked.

Although Guptill rode his luck a little...

I feel a bit for SL... they are obviously in a rebuilding phase...although Sanga said they were the oldest team in the competition...

Overall we did exactly what we were supposed to do which was to outclass them...

Now move on to bigger challenges...

Reactions: JJ

Iafeta

Referee
They need to have a look at the wickets. You can’t chop on off a 135k ball and have the nails not come off. They could have been rolled for 100 or so if that didn’t happen.

Bazal

Post Whore
Sub continent fans already whining about the decks on FB because Sri Lanka and Pakistan batted like geniuss.

FFS if you can't bat in slightly tougher conditions you don't deserve to be AT the World Cup, let alone win it. Even the Afghans showed more fight after a rough start than those two sides

JJ

Immortal
Good start for us - I like so much about the team TBH, except Munro opening - that said, he could find his rhythm and would be a huge plus - our top 7 are as good as most, our pace attack good, and our fielding probably the best.... will be an interesting World Cup - certainly looks like England and India are a bit ahread, but Straya, NZ and (shock) the Windies all legit threats...

Meth

Staff member
I can’t see this NZ team winning. I am sure nobody can. They are a chance for the semis but definitely in that 3rd-5th zone

JJ

Immortal
I can’t see this NZ team winning. I am sure nobody can. They are a chance for the semis but definitely in that 3rd-5th zone

I've never thought we could win... well actually I did for about 2 balls of the last final

Latest posts