What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WC FINAL: England v New Zealand Lords London July 14 2019 (Result - Tie)

mozza91

Coach
I hope NZ win.

But if they don't, I hope they're utterly humiliated.
Why? New Zealand winning this is the only bearable result.

Guptill to ton up. Shit tournament but will stand up when it matters. Kind of like Gilchrist but about 1/5 of the player.

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
If Kane wasn't kaptain of the kiwis I'd be cheering myself hoarse for them to win.

But he's boring and so I'll just hope the poms lose rather than get on the kiwi bandwagon.

shiznit

Coach
Come on the lads! Just win one more game!

Time to go out there and win this motherf**ker!

I’ve got a distinct feeling that if we win... Martin Guptil is going to do something big here...

He’s been in diabolical form the entire tournament but I just have a feeling he will do something real special tonight that will end up making him a legend in NZ and it will gloss over the rest of his terrible cup... :joy::joy:

Not to mention it would be such and English thing to happen... the bloke comes good in the WC final vs England... :joy::joy:

Last edited:
Reactions: JJ

Eelectrica

Referee
Sounds like the conditions will suit NZ more than they will flat track england.
Good luck nz hope you guys get the win

shiznit

Coach
Wow! Batting first?? Yikes... :flushed::flushed:

To be fair... I doubted his decision in the semi and he came up good.

JJ

Immortal
Wish we'd lost the toss, doesn't seem clear what the best thing is

Need to get a decent start,they're due

vvvrulz

Coach
Most teams batting first in this WC have won. By about a 2:1 ratio

Today feels different, if we were to hit England’s batsmen’s nerves I’d have chanced it right away with the ball. England will settle in and wait for mistakes now, we have a huge job ahead of us.

shiznit

Coach

I think the venue too... all 4 games played at Lords has been won by the team who bats first...

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I think the kiwis were right in batting first. Set a target and see what pressure does to England in the last innings of a world cup

KeepingTheFaith

Referee

Morgan seemed to say that they would have bowled first, but that may have been hot air.

It's a 50/50 thing which means it cones down to who plays well.

Enter Guptil.........