What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WC FINAL: England v New Zealand Lords London July 14 2019 (Result - Tie)

Iafeta

Referee
@Pommy I understand there are rules. I’m just saying it’s completely bizarre. You can win by wickets, you can win by runs, you don’t win by boundaries hit. Similarly you don’t win by amount of corners taken.

I agree. We can’t have this occur again.

And fwiw my personal opinion is England should have won off qualifying higher.

Bazal

Post Whore
Lol literally nobody is thinking about it like that. It’s a game, a game has rules under the rules we won.
You can’t pick and chose which rules you want to apply to a game that’s been played.

Saying that I’m more than happy for the rules to be changed so this doesn’t happen in the future.

Nobody is saying pick and choose the rules which apply

They are all saying the rule is f**king stupid

Pommy

Coach
@Pommy I understand there are rules. I’m just saying it’s completely bizarre. You can win by wickets, you can win by runs, you don’t win by boundaries hit. Similarly you don’t win by amount of corners taken.

I agree. We can’t have this occur again.

And fwiw my personal opinion is England should have won off qualifying higher.

I mean I don’t think I need to state the obvious here. Agreed it’s total bollocks but all the players knew what the deal was and who’s to say had this not been the case Archer didn’t bowl a different over.
I’m not going to think it’s some kind of hollow victory despite disagreeing with the process.

Pommy

Coach
Nobody is saying pick and choose the rules which apply

They are all saying the rule is f**king stupid

My comment was in relation to his feelings that England have won nothing. I don’t thing anyone at all isn’t saying it’s a stupid rule.

England and her desperado fans are so desperate to win - at any sport - they'll take this as a major triumph. Lol at the lot of them.

A shit stain on the home of cricket forever more.

I'm a bonafide troll but NZ have nothing but my sympathy and respect. Literally bowled out England who trumpeted they'd chase 400 to win a cup.

England won f**k all. Except our LOLs you pathetic losers.

some11

Referee
Can’t blame him for that. He swallowed the catch, unless the rope disappeared there wasn’t much else he could do.
Throw it to guptill like he did right after he forgot where his footing was.

How many catches have you seen taken in T20 leagues that make it look easy. They train for that scenario.

some11

Referee
Got to feel a little bad for the kiwis, the rules need to change so the ball is dead and that wickets are more important than boundaries.
I don’t feel that bad though, I’m sure nobody else would really either.

The salt on social media is at epic proportions from pretty much everyone except the kiwis who seem to have been pretty graceful about it all.
Maybe because the game is still tied as it stands.

Deciding on boundaries haha. England cant even win a world cup properly.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Correct ruling, six runs, never seen it adjudicated any other way tbh

Agreed. As I mentioned in a previous post, my interpretation is that it is 6 runs. The ball never got to the boundary before the batsmen completed two run and furthermore, one could argue that the "act" was the ball hitting the bat more so than the throw of the ball in this case.

Bazal

Post Whore
Throw it to guptill like he did right after he forgot where his footing was.

How many catches have you seen taken in T20 leagues that make it look easy. They train for that scenario.

Boult clearly lost track of where the rope was. Cardinal sin for a fielder of his quality IMO.

Pommy

Coach
Nah. Between fielding a world XI and still having yet to win a World Cup final, Eng-Er-Lahnd will be the butt of many a joke for years to come.

The only joke here is you Stavros. The best kiwi was from the well known Kiwi city of Harare, which island is that on again?

England still think they won Gallipoli.

99% wouldn’t even know who, what or where Gallipoli is.

The Bye

Juniors
The only joke here is you Stavros. The best kiwi was from the well known Kiwi city of Harare, which island is that on again?

99% wouldn’t even know who, what or where Gallipoli is.
I’m not Stavros, nor am I kiwi you pommy git.

Bazal

Post Whore
It's kinda fun that there are so many alts around these days you actually have to guess who they are.

Latest posts