What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WCC confirmed

roofromoz

First Grade
wcc2004_paul_gower.jpg

2004 WORLD CLUB CHALLENGE CONFIRMED

From www.superleague.co.uk

The 2004 Rugby League World Club Challenge will see Bradford Bulls take on Penrith Panthers at Huddersfield's McAlpine Stadium on Friday 13 February.

The Bulls are looking to repeat their success of 2002 at the venue - when they defeated NRL champions Newcastle Knights 41-26 - when they take on the new Australian Premiers.

The game will give four of Penrith's Kangaroo Tourists the chance to play at The McAlpine Stadium after missing out on representing Australia in the Third Test of the recent Think! Road Safety Test Series.

Penrith skipper Craig Gower missed the game after picking up a calf injury in the Second Test, while Ryan Girdler had already returned home after suffering his own calf tear.

Young pair Luke Lewis and Joel Clinton were not selected by coach Chris Anderson, but Trent Waterhouse did figure in the win over Great Britain - and all five are looking forward to returning.

"I got to play in two of the three Tests against Great Britain and I know there are some terrific players over there," said Gower.

"A couple of Penrith players, Luke Lewis and Joel Clinton, didn't get a run, so in a way we see it as unfinished business.

"Man for man we reckon we can match the Bulls - both up front and in the backs."

Bradford, though, have already claimed one Australian scalp at the venue, and captain Robbie Paul sees topping the Panthers as a major goal following their clean sweep of trophies in the British game in 2003.

"We are taking this game as seriously as we did against Newcastle Knights," said Paul. "All of our pre-season training will be invested into defeating the Panthers.

"They are a good side. But we believe that we're a match for any team and it's very special to get the opportunity to be called a 'World Champion'."

------------------------------------------------

Can't wait!

:D

*Sandy*

First Grade
WOOHOO!!!!

BRING IT ON!!!!

Penrith Panthers - No.1 NRL Minor Premiers, No. 1 NRL Major Premiers and No.1 World Champions!!!! ;-)

Fibroman

First Grade
I can't wait to give it to the goosters supporters when we win the club challenge too.

*Sandy*

First Grade
If somebody would fund my trip i would be there in a flash! :D Especially knowing that i would be touring with my fav `Brandy'.

pommie_raider

Juniors
I'm planning on making a banner to take to the match so anyone wanting there names put on it, I'd be more than happy to hopefully get it on TV!
I'm already funding 5 penrith fans programmes for the matches, But I guess not all us Bulls are bad!
come on you bulls