What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WCR

kiwi_man

Juniors
ok 2 questions;
1. does anybody no where can find some forums on world championship rugby?
2. is it going to be released in australia? and if so will it be the 8th of april like england?

Goleel

Juniors
I'm pretty sure we'll get it around the same time as England, maybe a week later. Don't know about forums, best you can hope is the rugby forum comes back online again and you'll get another weeks discussion there before it goes down for another few months.

ak47

Juniors
WCR is looking the shiznit...the makers of JLR

all reviews positive
all reviews saying its better than JLR
all reviews saying its the best rugby sim of all time

a real rubgy game (league or union) is coming
and furthur to this - reports, they are already on to making a sequel b4 this is even released........thats how confident (and rightfully so cause of JLR) these guys are of WCR's pending success - i have not heard anything bad about it, and previews and reviews are availiable for all to see....the sceptics on here the last few months will be eating their words!!!

Crippler

Juniors
i bought it tonight

took 30 seconds to realise how btter the gameplay is than rugby league game

Serge

Juniors
ak47 said:
WCR is looking the shiznit...the makers of JLR

all reviews positive
all reviews saying its better than JLR
all reviews saying its the best rugby sim of all time

a real rubgy game (league or union) is coming
and furthur to this - reports, they are already on to making a sequel b4 this is even released........thats how confident (and rightfully so cause of JLR) these guys are of WCR's pending success - i have not heard anything bad about it, and previews and reviews are availiable for all to see....the sceptics on here the last few months will be eating their words!!!

Dude they havnt started making a sequel yet. they are seeing how it goes sorta thing at the moment. And furry apparently it is out in Aussie, dont ask me how but EB and shit claim they have it, but i didnt think u could get it till April 2

Crippler

Juniors
if Sidhe could copy the passing system and kicking system of WCR rugby i would be so happy as it is excellent and very smooth. You can string together nice and smooth backline moves.

sidhe have to scrap the matrix kicking for WCR one. Simpler, the camera doesnt change all the time to behind view and then above for when the ball is kicked. And theres now timing and skill element to the kicking system.

knowsleyroader

Juniors
played it and as far as im concerned it may be slick but doesnt hold a candle to NRL. The gameplay is very very basic and with lack of teams and stadiums it should be confined to the arcades for the occasional 50p blast.

With regards to the passing its all a bit too sure of itself and I like the fact that in NRL the pass can go wayward. Also think the kicking isnt as good as NRL.

Before I get slated this is purely my opinion and I am pleased for anyone who finds its the game for them.

Im NRL all the way though.

Serge

Juniors
knowsleyroader said:
played it and as far as im concerned it may be slick but doesnt hold a candle to NRL. The gameplay is very very basic and with lack of teams and stadiums it should be confined to the arcades for the occasional 50p blast.

With regards to the passing its all a bit too sure of itself and I like the fact that in NRL the pass can go wayward. Also think the kicking isnt as good as NRL.

Before I get slated this is purely my opinion and I am pleased for anyone who finds its the game for them.

Im NRL all the way though.

Well then in ur opinion the kicking must suck because the nrl kicking system was so shit in my opinion

The Observer

Staff member
Knowsley Road, I completely disagree with your assessment.

I bought my copy of World Championship Rugby for Xbox in Sydney today and it is the best Rugby/League video game yet! It completely wipes the floor with Rugby 2004 AND 2001, it improves on the great Jonah Lomu Rugby, and it is definitely better than the Rugby League video game - granted Swordfish have had more experience doing Rugby style games than Sidhe and Sidhe should get better with the next effort.

Graphics are excellent, animation sublime, the sound is good, the game is easy to control, fun and fast. The only drawback are that you cannot offload the ball in the tackle. Robinson is a sublime runner, his style captured accuractely, and Cohen is the fend master.

The passing can go awry in WCR, I've thrown several to the ground. I've only played two matches but I'll report more after playing further.

The reason it only has the correct names of players for England team and for Twickenham stadium is that they could only get the licence for those. You can change the names of the other teams in an editor to whatever you want. The Wallaby scurm half loooks like Gregan, the openside Flanker looks like George Smith, the right winger looks sort of like Wendell Sailor!

The kicking system is light years above NRL - it keeps kicking real time and keeps the game flowing.

Buy it ASAP!

Latest posts