What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WCR

ak47

Juniors
over the long weekend i beat the all stars with every team
and completed survival mode

survival mode is harder than all star mode

the only team i can think of that i havent unlocked is swordfish
i can use them in the scenario but not in multiplayer

2 player is still fun for me
my mate is getting better and we have some great matches now
i see where ur coming from gol with the high scores in 2 player
but to me it all depends on how u defend
some games are close and realistic, and some games arent like 50+ scores for both teams in 15 minute match
i played an entire 1st half defending my tryline within the 20m
held out my mate the whole time and at half time it was 3-0, cause he reverted for a FG in injury time, cause he couldt crack the defense

one thing i cannot undertand is how to pushover try - in the manual it says u can - but u cant push scrums forever, only mauls

but the kicking game is the best in any game ever
grubbers and strategic chips create a whole new dimension of attack, that not even JLR had as good as WCR.
FG from 40m out are awesome too.

tHe_MaC

Juniors
I doubt you can use Swordfish in Multiplayer because you couldn't use the Rage team in multiplayer on JLR, and they are the same thing.

-JJ-

Juniors
Nah its different. Apparently you can use historic teams in friendly now too (if I'm right). Would be pretty cool with AB's 95 vs AB's 03

Phillips

Referee
does anyone know the real names of the players on the Allblacks bench

ive re-named the Allblacks side to the real names eg. Howlett, Umaga etc.....but i cant figure out who the bench players are

strong_latte

Juniors
Phillips said:
WCR sh*ts all over the NRL game

graphics are 10000 times better and its more realistic

You mean like the stadiums and feild markings? The graphics are marginally better (mind you the stadiums and feilds in NRL shit on WCR), but NRL has alot more to offer as an overall package.

I'll start by saying I have and enjoy both games and I love both codes, but both have serious issues and that need attention.

WCR is dying very fast for me because of the shere lack of depth and simplicification of many complex and tactical areas in union. While I love the passing system, some sort of offloading should have been put in, and the goal kicking system is exactly the same as JLR and therefore the poorest kicking system of all the rugby games since JLR. The step, while prettier than NRL's, is no where near as effective and it's alot easier to just run around in a cirlce once to beat the man (pretty stupid really), the palm is also of VERY limited use and only good for knocking off small blokes running at you side on, again no where near as functional as NRL's.
The forwards in WCR are one of the most irritating aspects, as unlike forwards in NRL which have better palm tackle and tackle breaking abilities, the WCR are basically useless and just slow your backline. The kicking system while easy to execute, suffers greatly because of the camera angles, countless times in tight games against my mate we've had to try a droppy with the camera facing the other way and had to guess where the posts are, the NRL system sets you behind the kicker, but unfortunately it doesn't give you the option to pass to a player standing deep and therefore you don't often get enough room...
The defence in WCR is actually more frustrating than NRL, because most players are so slow you can't even let the AI take most of the defence and cover from behind, which is annoying as the change play system doesn't ever get the player I want out wide, this is also not helped by the fact you can't select players during the rucks to line up the first receiver (something even Rugby 2004 let you do!). I also think the line out and scrum systems need a massive overhaul in the next title as line outs are WAY to easy to steal them(even when the opposite teams jumper is often 5ft against your bloke who's 6'8) and the scrums are so easy to win against the AI it's a joke (I was able to win every scrum in the All Stars challenge with EVERY TEAM regardless of the feed!).
Also the fact that there is only 1 licensed team and even worse it's bloody England is irritating and seeing the Wallabies being represented with a boomerang sorta feels like we're having the piss taken out of us.
Only international teams is also an issue and the lack of a create team/player option or the ability to edit line ups before matches.

I'll leave my gripes with NRL for my next post, but I thought I'd post this because, like Lomu, people are acting as though WCR is some THE perfect rugby game, and also like Lomu, it's VERY flawed and shallow in alot of area's. It's not saying it's bad, just that alot of people are still too dizzy with the shine of a new game to see where it lacks.

Latest posts