What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We are getting swamped...

Moffo

Referee
In the papers this week

All the talk has been about the Rah Rah world cup and the AFL game at the olympic stadium. Bit of a worry really, as we are only 3 weeks out from the finals and all the promotions are going towards those events. I dunno what we can do, but its a worrying sign

Time for some sabotage? :lol:

But seriously, does anyone else think this is a real and present problem??

Cheers,
Moffo

Aries

Bench
Moffo said:
In the papers this week

All the talk has been about the Rah Rah world cup and the AFL game at the olympic stadium. Bit of a worry really, as we are only 3 weeks out from the finals and all the promotions are going towards those events. I dunno what we can do, but its a worrying sign

Time for some sabotage? :lol:

But seriously, does anyone else think this is a real and present problem??

Cheers,
Moffo

NO

Not at all actually, we still have the back 4 pages in the Tele, when they start to talk about the 2 games...

moffo, there is no way they are going to steal the thunder of the NRL this year... Try as they might, I think that the Finals will still hold the premier pages in the back of the papers, even if the Yawnion world cup is only weeks away from the end of the GF!!

Who's playing in it again? I don't even watch the yawnion, its boring crap!!

Moffo

Referee
aries, from what i saw, afl had the back page on at least 2 days this week and union had it at least once, if only to report that eddie jones was in japan - who gives a f**k? i think it was just a cheap plug to subliminally promote the image of union being a 'global' sport

I think its a concern to be honest mate, but time will tell. I hope the finals are a ripper - we need them

Cheers,
Moffo

All Rusted UP

Juniors
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You've got an insecurity problem Moffo... take a valium and relax. The RL world won't suddenly collapse because of a cpl of AFL or Union games.

bender

Juniors
The problem is the ridiculous top8 we have. The remaininggames are all meaningless games until we reach the finals 1st round when only some of the games become meaningfull.

westie

Bench
We need to advertise more. The AFL advertised the Collingwood game and got 72k. I hate the sport but the advertising and hype leading up to it almost made me think about going. Why is it that the NRL cant do that?

hgfds

Juniors
Has the golden point cost us because with the uneven point the rundown to the finals would be more interesting ,eg melb would be 1 point out of the top4 after this week,broncs would be 27 & eels 25,who can remember the diffs for 10 teams??

El Diablo

Post Whore
hgfds said:
Has the golden point cost us because with the uneven point the rundown to the finals would be more interesting ,eg melb would be 1 point out of the top4 after this week,broncs would be 27 & eels 25,who can remember the diffs for 10 teams??

The top 10 if there was no golden point

Roosters 36
Panthers 35
Bulldogs 34
Raiders 34
Storm 31
Warriors 29
Knights 28
Broncos 27
Eels 25
Dragons 24

Moffo

Referee
I think you guys are missing the point. Id rather be proactive rather than reactive.Did you bother to read the papers on Sunday? Full of AFL and several mentions of the fact that the AFL game got 72,000 while the NRL game got 7k. Admittedly, it was a silly comparision, but the fact is that so many people would buy the paper, read that and think....shit, AFL is becoming a big game in Sydney

I agree that we need more adveritsing. the individual games ARE NOT promoted enough. Its pathetic

Cheers,
Moffo

RoostarGirl

Juniors
El Duque said:
hgfds said:

The top 10 if there was no golden point

Roosters 36
Panthers 35
Bulldogs 34
Raiders 34
Storm 31
Warriors 29
Knights 28
Broncos 27
Eels 25
Dragons 24

Hey thats very interesting I hadn't even thought about it.

dimitri

First Grade
I think you guys are missing the point. Id rather be proactive rather than reactive.Did you bother to read the papers on Sunday? Full of AFL and several mentions of the fact that the AFL game got 72,000 while the NRL game got 7k. Admittedly, it was a silly comparision, but the fact is that so many people would buy the paper, read that and think....shit, AFL is becoming a big game in Sydney

I agree that we need more adveritsing. the individual games ARE NOT promoted enough. Its pathetic

Cheers,
Moffo

i agree 100%

all the nrl does it sit back and let the afl take over

Latest posts