What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We can start planning for next year

JetRider

Juniors
I started this thread out of frustration as I took the loss hard (as I always do), it was not to encourage other supporters to rubbish my team. Irrespective of the result I still believe the team is better than what it produced and I hope that they show it over the final rounds.

If they do i hope that all the supporters bagging our team will provide us with a few positives. bagging other teams is not my way, i believe that I have the right to bag my team in which I invest both an emotional and financial contribution and as such you will not see me trolling and commenting on your sites.

To all south supporters, no matter how frustrating our team is they need our support, for better or worse they are our team.

themacemaceman

Juniors
Maybe we are not done yet.
The eels look like going down tonight and if the broncos go down against the Dragons then we are still in the eight. Then if we can get over the tigers next week things may start to look a bit different. It looks like we are competing with the broncos and eels for 8th positon. The broncos have the cowboys next week so should win. The eels have the titans. This could go either way. Then following round the eels and broncos play so one of the is going to drop two points. Also we play the eels. So if we can knock them over then one other win by us over either storm,dragons or panthers should do it.
If we can get a few forwards back on the park like crocker and Mcpherson maybe we can get into the semis.
Eels run home is as tough as ours.... titans,broncos,tigers,rabbits,warriors,

BranVan3000

Coach
How can we get over anyone with such a decimated pack? And it looks like Burgess will be out next week too

Things would still look optimistic if half the team wasn't out. We're going to need some serious luck for the rest of the season, and that's something we have seriously lacked all year.

I didn't see most of the game last night but every time I came to watch the broadcast, we were either fumbling the ball or making really poor attacks on the Bulldog's line. Our attack has honestly fallen apart in the past month and a half.

Lang needs to take the team back to basics.

jackb

Juniors
I started this thread out of frustration as I took the loss hard (as I always do), it was not to encourage other supporters to rubbish my team. Irrespective of the result I still believe the team is better than what it produced and I hope that they show it over the final rounds.

If they do i hope that all the supporters bagging our team will provide us with a few positives. bagging other teams is not my way, i believe that I have the right to bag my team in which I invest both an emotional and financial contribution and as such you will not see me trolling and commenting on your sites.

To all south supporters, no matter how frustrating our team is they need our support, for better or worse they are our team.

I agree totally JR. You have every right to get upset when you see a bad loss (same as me) and to post a thread challenging the team to step up or drop out is fine.

We have real issues with injuries and this is the main reason why we are not getting the job done. Also, we have a real problem backing up on a Friday night after playing the Sunday prior. We have more time to prepare for the tigers match and I am expecting to see a much improved performance no matter who we send out on the field.

The turds who jump in to rubbish us have to be ignored for the trash that they are. I am about to jump on to the Dogs thread to congratulate them on their win. Lets stay above the slimy trolls who want to bag us at every opportunity!

Zigwaa

Bench
It was a disappointing game from the bunnies. They didn't know how to make it over the stripe when we had attacking opportunities, which they had enough of to win the game.

Sutton to lock, Sandow to 5/8 and a new half back. There's not many good ones available at the moment, I'd say Kimmorley might be worth a crack for a season but I don't believe he is the answer either. Brett Finch would have been worth appraoching but he's of to the UK.

Matt Orford would be a good buy as he's looking to come back and has 2-3 good seasons left in him.

MattJ

Juniors
The season is not over yet, if we can grind a win out against the tigpies (seems unlikely, but not impossible), have Burgess back from suspension, and hopefully the early return of 1 or 2 others injured, we could possibly sneak in to the finals.
Its a real shame that its gotten to this point, a month or so ago we looked like possible top 4 finishers, but injuries have really been cruel to us at the back end of this season.

Dogmatix

Juniors
It is time to start planning for next year. The team vs the Tigers will be so weak that the Tigers should win by 40+ and that will be it

Wesser should be let go. Either get Inglis or bring through one of the younger guys or go with Merritt. Plenty of better options than Wesser

As far as the forwards go I see

Clark 23 metres a game
Tyrell 31 metres a game
Crossman 45 metres a game

None of these stats are good enough to keep your spot in the NRL. Clark has played 17 games and Crossman 15 games so plenty of opportunity

If add up all the metres of these 3 players you only get 99 metres out of them. Plenty of forwards in the NRL can make 99 metres or more on their own each game. So when you have these 3 in the team at the same time you are basically playing with 15 instead of 17

Clark is too small. Tyrell and Crossman are big enough but are too slow. If any of these 3 are off contract they should be let go and replaced with someone better

hindyrabbit

Juniors
an a grade side would have beaten souths friday night. but i also feel any other team would have beaten the bulldogs. they weren't that good. we were terrible. i've looked at the whole season draw and souths only played the sharks cowboys raiders and knights once each all sides behind us and would have been nice to play some sides who are playing poorly at the end of the season. it is all luck of the draw. i believe with the current pack sutton would be best served playing lock. not quick enough for centre. sandow has a big future and just has to do the 1% right before trying tricky stuff

BranVan3000

Coach
It is time to start planning for next year. The team vs the Tigers will be so weak that the Tigers should win by 40+ and that will be it

Wesser should be let go. Either get Inglis or bring through one of the younger guys or go with Merritt. Plenty of better options than Wesser

As far as the forwards go I see

Clark 23 metres a game
Tyrell 31 metres a game
Crossman 45 metres a game

None of these stats are good enough to keep your spot in the NRL. Clark has played 17 games and Crossman 15 games so plenty of opportunity

If add up all the metres of these 3 players you only get 99 metres out of them. Plenty of forwards in the NRL can make 99 metres or more on their own each game. So when you have these 3 in the team at the same time you are basically playing with 15 instead of 17

Clark is too small. Tyrell and Crossman are big enough but are too slow. If any of these 3 are off contract they should be let go and replaced with someone better

Those players barely get 10 minutes per game, those stats mean nothing

Latest posts