What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We deserve the wooden spoon and i hope we get it

tiger_nick

Bench
We lost today because we did the same dumb stuff as always.

The lock running from the scrum, no kick chase, dumb penalties, passengers like morris, halatau, gibbs, payne etc knowing they wont be dropped, terrible handling, kicking straight to the fullback, no props on the field blah blah blah

The only way to shake this club up is for us fail miserably and finish dead last. If that is what it takes then so be it.

I don't even get angry when we stuff up anymore, i just laugh.

Phil Gould said you can't turn a whole club around in one season, i disagree. Look at what Canterbury have done, got a new coach and bought well. We need a full scale clean out and we need it to start now.

Spike

First Grade
As bad as the Tigers are travelling at the moment, I think I speak for the majority when I say the Raiders deserve the spoon.

macnaz

Staff member
I have never in 37 years of supporting the tigers felt as sh*tty and bitter as i do now. While ever sheens is there i can only wish complete & absoulute failure apon this club, OK a couple of deserving players who put in 100% each week may win a couple of games for them but why should Shines & Co get credit for that! when they have no accountablily for their contribution to failure. I didnt even watch the Manly game because i knew we would roll over for the Stewart fairy tale at brooky....... Ive NEVER BEEN MORE CERTAIN IN MY LIFE ABOUT A TIGERS LOSE.
Only disapointment was we didnt loose by more :( The more monumental loses we have the closer we are to getting rid of this club destroying arsehole.
I just want to see 17 deserving players play WIN LOOSE OR DRAW

Vicious

Bench
We lost today because we did the same dumb stuff as always.

The lock running from the scrum, no kick chase, dumb penalties, passengers like morris, halatau, gibbs, payne etc knowing they wont be dropped, terrible handling, kicking straight to the fullback, no props on the field blah blah blah

The only way to shake this club up is for us fail miserably and finish dead last. If that is what it takes then so be it.

I don't even get angry when we stuff up anymore, i just laugh.

Phil Gould said you can't turn a whole club around in one season, i disagree. Look at what Canterbury have done, got a new coach and bought well. We need a full scale clean out and we need it to start now.

You make some valid points Nick, but what`s your solution ?
Would you be trying to sign Brett Finch ???
Who would you be promoting ???
Would you be trying to discard some of the deadwood now and signing some players that aren`t getting a go at their current clubs ??? Some clubs would be up for a trade and i`d be interested in players such as David Milne from the Raiders and Michael Greenfield currently at the Rabbitohs/Bears. David Simmons is said to be on shaky ground at the Sharks and despite him scoring a few tries on the weekend, I reckon he might be available as a swap for someone such as Halatau or Morris ? Simmons is no world beater, but he offers an aerial option, has some size and height and is a good finisher. I`d look at David Milne as a centre replacement for Collis. Not near as skillfull as Collis, but not too many run the ball harder than David Milne. Michael Greenfield is big, aggressive and mobile, I think he could offer plenty on the fringes if used the right way.
Finch is very hot and cold, but he`s a natural leader and I think he could take a lot of pressure off Benji and Farah.

Last edited:

condochook

Juniors
Finch is no team's answer,and the BIGGEST myth in rugby league is Tim Sheens,and Bunged Up Marshall.
4 games and Marshall is not injured.geez,an easter miracle.

macnaz

Staff member
My biggest source of entertainment from rugby league these days is the laughter i get when i read the weekly side:D I cant wait to see who gets punnished this week :blahb:.

Cloud9

I found this on the net. I hope youse like it.
21n0512.gif

Front-Rower

First Grade
My biggest source of entertainment from rugby league these days is the laughter i get when i read the weekly side:D I cant wait to see who gets punnished this week :blahb:.

Talk about laughing, I had to laugh this morning when I read Michael Hagan's comments about the game yesterday in todays Telegraph. He bascially gave John Morris a wrap saying he looked sharp in attack :crazy:

tiger_nick

Bench
Talk about laughing, I had to laugh this morning when I read Michael Hagan's comments about the game yesterday in todays Telegraph. He bascially gave John Morris a wrap saying he looked sharp in attack :crazy:

michael hagan...deadset i think he is the only bloke i would have tim sheens ahead of in the coaching ranks.

the bloke owes his whole career to andrew johns. just look at what he's done to parramatta to see what kind of coach he really is.

Kaiyos

Juniors
For the life of me, I don't understand why Sheens is not under pressure by the media as much as the other 16 coaches in the NRL. This guy is untouchable. He ALWAYS escapes criticism and on top of that he is selected or the Aussie job. It's always the players fault when this team loses, not his.

It's sad to say but I also want my Tigers to get the spoon cos it's the only way to wake up this club from it's coma.

If we come second last, Sheens will get coach of the year with some article like Sheens bring team of no-names to a respectable 15th with stern, skilled coaching.