What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We Get No Free Games because our Attack is Shot

vanilla gorilla

Juniors
Just at this stage of the season it is apparent to most people on this forum that the halves are a contributing factor to our woes. This has a ripple effect on the rest of the team. If we cannot attack and secure some points the team seems at a loss and we lose our way. The other point is you cannot gain experience whilst playing NSW Cup or under 20's. If the season is all but gone why not try something new. I will support this team no matter what but it is increasingly frustrating to see this style of football dished up week in week out

Stdavid

Juniors
Most of these posts are on the money. The bottom line is the Dragons have about 12 points in them per game against teams, that will back themselves to get over 20. Can't see much changing as Price seems unwilling to blood new players unless forced in a corner. The use of Prior in the centres is just lunacy, as proved last week.
Would love to see Quinlan given a shot in halves, his energy level is way above what Sowie is offering at the mo and more than an aged Fien can muster.
And we need some centres who can penetrate the defence.
I know it's all obvious and previously stated, just so annoying that Price sits on his hands happy to win one in three matches 12-10.

BennyV

Referee
i don't understand, we can all see the problems with our halves, why can't price.

I'd say he does, but there is a combination of not wanting to admit it publicly, not wanting to make overly-reactive/irrational changes, and not having any solid options to fall back on. Should his hand be forced by, say, continuing poor attitude from Mr Soward, then he will probably make a call...

Elias1983

Coach
I'd say he does, but there is a combination of not wanting to admit it publicly, not wanting to make overly-reactive/irrational changes, and not having any solid options to fall back on. Should his hand be forced by, say, continuing poor attitude from Mr Soward, then he will probably make a call...

Could be also a lack of choices?

There is nothing out there at the moment...

saint.nick

Coach
When I saw this post, I thought it was referring to free-to-air games, lol. It's funny, because that thread title would still make sense- our channel 9 games have been less frequent because out attack is sh*t, which = being more boring to watch, which = less ratings.

Ben4214

Juniors
What ever happened to the idea of King to 5/8th? I remember hearing rumblings about him playing there. I keep hearing about how good a talent he is but feel he is wasted as a reserve to a player who should be playing 80 mins anyway.

Also Cummins, is he still too young to bring into the side? I remember seeing him play and thinking he would be good enough to play now

BennyV

Referee
What ever happened to the idea of King to 5/8th? I remember hearing rumblings about him playing there. I keep hearing about how good a talent he is but feel he is wasted as a reserve to a player who should be playing 80 mins anyway.

Also Cummins, is he still too young to bring into the side? I remember seeing him play and thinking he would be good enough to play now

Welcome to the forum Ben!

King probably could play 5/8, but he is just coming back from injury and needs to get his match fitness up. He makes for damn good utility value from the bench...

As for Cummins, he is out until Rd 16, will probably spend the remains of the season getting back to fitness, so we wont likely see him in first grade this year. I heard he was training a bit in the halves in the off-season though.

Latest posts