What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We have a very very good team but.....

PJ

First Grade
Already looking forward to next year!

I'm not. Most teams for next year will be a bit stronger.

Our recruitment and retention has been average at best. I was hoping Ricky could attract a big name or two, instead we have potentials again.

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
30 Year Sharkie said:
I think ther's some merit in these arguments. I think we DO have a better team than our ladder position would suggest. It just needs to gell better, but seeing as its been basically the same now for a couple of seasons, this shouldn't really be an issue

I agree one strike player would make the difference. Who knows, Watts may just develop into that player, but geez it would be nice to have a Thurston or a Lockyer right now...

Thats what I was waiting for on Sunday, with 5 minutes to go....a strike player to pull a miracle off and win it in the last few minutes, then I realised we dont have anyone... Kearney...yes, Bird....I think was too farked to produce anything that late in the game. We need a Bowen, Smith, Thurston to create the opportunities.

Omnishark2

Juniors
Guys, it's not just having a strike player, it's the whole attacking structure that needs to be overhauled.

A strike player may pull out a miracle play. But a decent attacking structure will score points throughout every game.

jimmythehand

Juniors
imasharkie said:
The team kept the doggies main attacking weapon quiet yesterday.
All the talk pre game was SBW this, SBW that............
matter of fact he spent a lot of time on the bench because he couldn't perform his magic on us like he has to other teams this year.
IMO it's the reason why the Dogs looked ordinary in the first half, SBW did nothing. Came on late in the 2nd half and lost the ball in the tackle only to see some gumby pick the ball up and fall over the line.
We were the better side for a majority of the game only to lose to a lost ball in the ruck which should have been pulled up by the ref.

that's a very funny post. the ref only pulls the game up for a lost ball in the ruck if the tackle is complete. The tackle was not complete and the ball went backwards, so it's an obvious play on. Not only that, he didn't "lose" the ball, he was in the process of passing it when it was knocked out by a Sharks player.

However if you go back to the try Cronulla scored, the "offload" in their own half was a dropped ball which looked to me like it went forward (although the commentators disagreed and they didn't show a good replay).

30 Year Sharkie

Juniors
Yeah. It's the god-given right of Sharks fans after EVERY game to be able say "if only....." without anyone spoiling it with things like facts.

Latest posts