What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We Have Enough Cap Space to Buy Quality

Wittenberg

Juniors
The only way to kept Luc, Frizz, Lomax and Sailor beyond 2020 is for MacGregor to be shown the door early. Unless this happens contracts will already be signed or agreements made. Sailor will be a big Broncos target, we already know the Roosters have approached Frizz and Luc is a target for Canberra. According to a mate of mine who knows a mate who’s mate ( lame joke I know) heard that Lomax will be targeted by the Dogs and Souths who want to show Gagai the door and who are worried about Roberts and his ongoing injuries. We might keep a couple but if MacGregor is going to be there in 2021 I think we will lose them. The only way to keep them and to attract new quality players is to announce a new coach. It MUST happen but I fear it won’t

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
We need to go back to just being St George Dragons playing out of Kogarah. I would think that being based in the Gong would not be a great selling point to prospective new players.
The Board needs to make some hard decisions to get our club back to where it belongs, there is no culture anymore that once made our club the power house it used to be where players wanted to play for the saints.
Robert Stone was going to be moved on but took a pay cut and wasn’t guaranteed a first grade spot.
The crowds we get now are terrible, in the olden days the place was packed. Now who bothers to go to watch them play at WIN, crowds there are an embarrassment

In point form:

1. I hardly think Kogarah (and its surrounding “burbs”) would be a selling point either. At least Wollongong has a beach, which is an attraction for those who like surfing.

2. the club developed a culture under Bennett, however this has been washed away under McGregor.

3. as with other long term players e.g. Steve Morris, Lance Thompson), Stone WAS bumped by the club in 1984.

4. attendance figures are horrific at BOTH home venues - this is what transpires when your team loses games.

5. blaming the Illawarra faction within SGI simply for the sake of doing so is pointless (besides, St. George would have next to not juniors in order to remain competitive).

boardlumps62

Juniors
Why not sell the Taj to developers and rebuild in Wollongong should bring a pretty penny. But are the pokies too profitable to move.

_Johnsy

Referee
St George Illawarra Dragons set to resurrect Issac Luke’s career

St George Illawarra are set to land their first signing for 2020 with Issac Luke set to join as cover for former South Sydney teammate Cameron McInnes.

from DT..
:rolleyes:
We let Robson go so we can grab Luke.
Seriously, you can't make this shyte up. What a farce.

Dorsai

Juniors
So all failures up to the point of change in part owners are blamed on the new part owner for failing to fix it?

Despite the other part owner being there throughout the whole time?

Come on..

And yes, it’s only been a year that WIN have the half ownership.. Prior to that their involvement was minor..

Well, minor to all those who don’t wear tinfoil anyway..
Your only problem is that you fail to see or listen to anything other than your own fixed idea.

the issues are there regardless of your limited ability to see it. Simple as that.

jak

Bench
AND we were the roosters of the day with a massive revenue stream from the Leagues club
denis,with easts its all about the money. in frank facers day and I do know this for a fact he always asked possible new players Why do you want to play for saint George if he didn't like there answer that was the end of it.thats how much the club meant to him. in his day players had to wear there socks up or run the risk of having a one sided chat with frank. PS wests matched saints dollar for dollar in those days

Bench
Oii...Calm One. I need you to come out of the forest for a minute.
Is Isaac Luke coming here?
Looks like it is happening, I don’t see him playing unless Cam is out injured and I don’t see him coming off the bench

Wittenberg

Juniors
Just read an article by Dan Nicholls on Zero Tackle. He summarised our season perfectly and nailed our Club’s approach to the “review”. Made the statement that their will be no new players heading our way for 2020.

VodkaSaint

Juniors
The Bulldogs recruiting too well, while we sit on our asrses again and hope, while the Bulldogs went through hell their recovery is speedy, see they give a shit.
their History when they go bad , even wooden spooners they always bounce back.
Does our Board even take note