What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We Missed out...AGAIN

perverse

Referee
i agree with alex. it would have been very nice to have him, but having extra room under the cap is hardly a bad thing, either. i was pretty happy with our squad coming into this year with the juniors i expect to hit first grade also taken into consideration. our problem is in the halves, not really the forwards... and mason wouldn't fix that.

Last edited:

Gene Krupa

Referee
Seriously, this just confirms what a f**king dope this guy is. I think we dodged a bullet tbh.

Mig2006

Juniors
That article doesn't look too convincing to me. They mention no confirmation from either party - Mason management or Cows. Save the tears for the time being Knights fans.....

Whats Doing

Bench
The fact is we haven't signed a big name signing since Kennedy some years ago (9 or 10?).

Mason was a lay down misere signing and the management really needs a good look at themselves. Pathetic to say the least.

Global warming will be fixed before the knights sign a marquee signing.

Jono078

Referee
Eh would have been cool to get him, but I guess I'm not really that disappointed.

Hopefully we put the money to good use in 2011.

skeepe

Immortal
He's already had the "pleasure" of living in your town once, I'm not surprised he'd move as far away as Townsville to avoid making that mistake again.

mozza91

Coach
He's already had the "pleasure" of living in your town once, I'm not surprised he'd move as far away as Townsville to avoid making that mistake again.
Maybe he's playing there so he can move as far away from Canberra as possible

Nuffy

Bench
The Fox article is conclusive in the headline and nowhere else.

"We made Willie a one off offer and he said he'd get back to us when he made a decision," Parr said.

Cowboys chief executive Peter Parr said the club would not hassle Mason for an answer but added Henry had made it very clear they needed him to to be training before the season kicks off next month.

This looks like idle speculation to me.

LINK

Nuffy

Bench
Zero on Foxsports News and Fox Sports online.

There is however this article is on Fox Sports online

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26677562-23214,00.html

Note the following comments from his manager.

Mason's manager Damien McGregor-Lowndes, said the Test forward would announce where he would play when the deal was done.

He offered a "no comment" on Thursday when asked if both clubs had tabled offers to the former NSW and Test forward.

He could still end up in NQ but it seems that Josh Massoud has gone off a little early.

Mason is tipped to make a decision by the end of the week.

"There's no comment to be made. Once it's done, Willie will make a comment then," said McGregor-Lowndes.

Frederick

Staff member
I refuse to believe anything until I see it on the SMH website, and so far there's been nada about the whole issue

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Don't know why everyone sounds so surprised that we missed out (if we did)...

Last edited:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26679725-23214,00.html

Willie Mason seals future, finding new home at North Queensland Cowboys

By staff writers
February 04, 2010

In a Fox Sports News Exclusive, it's been revealed that Willie Mason has sealed his future, finding a new home at North Queensland Cowboys.

Mason's decision has put an end to a long-running off-season saga, which now sees the Cowboys beating Newcastle Knights for the big forward's signature.

The deal is still to be ironed out in detail in the next 48 hours, but it's almost certain that Mason will join the North Queensland Cowboys in 2010, with Newcastle aware of the deal - acknowledging they are now out of the running.

Sydney Roosters head coach Brian Smith and the club as an entity will surely be relieved with this news, as Mason was contracted to the Roosters for one more year.

If Mason was unable to find a new club, he may have been ignored by the Roosters and forced to play with Feeder club Newtown.

Latest posts