What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We need CHANGES

st.phil

Bench
Dragons need a transfusion. Same trend for four weeks and no changes? Seriously Benny the whole cue in the rack "they can turn it around" is limp...make changes and cut players who are not performing. Give Soward and Fein the week off - they are both horribly out of sorts. Soward is injured but Fein is playing pure rubbish. Cut green and cuthbo - both having zero impact off the bench. Most importantly - start with merrin and young FFS...they are our two best forwards at the moment and we dont see em for the first 25??

boyd
nighty
gaz
coops
moz
stanley
hornby
merrin
young
weyman
creagh
scott
prior

king
hunt
gower
marketo

st.phil

Bench
Boyd is not in great form granted but he aint losing it for us...starts in the forwards / dummy half.

Jersey No 14

Juniors
I struggling to hold my tongue.
If Bennett had the balls a few of our guys should be sent back to park football

Then they might appreciate the Red V!

What was in 2005 or 06 whenever it was 70 to SFA

If Melbourne are any sort of threat Bellamy should get his team up to bend us over.
I'm trying to think of a better word than appalled

Jersey No 14

Juniors
And another thing - If Bennett says he can't coach us any more
Doust should grow a pair and sack him.
One in - All In!
I've never heard that from any coach.

What!!!!!!!!

counterpuncher

Juniors
Kind of reminds me of the Aussie cricket team.

Losing matches, players out of form, fans calling for blood.

And the selectors (Bennett) change........nothing :?

Our depth must truly be awful if an unchanged lineup is announced tomorrow.

st.phil

Bench
the talk about sacking the coach is stoopid...but goddam you cant stick with the mob from yesterday

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Dragons need a transfusion. Same trend for four weeks and no changes? Seriously Benny the whole cue in the rack "they can turn it around" is limp...make changes and cut players who are not performing. Give Soward and Fein the week off - they are both horribly out of sorts. Soward is injured but Fein is playing pure rubbish. Cut green and cuthbo - both having zero impact off the bench. Most importantly - start with merrin and young FFS...they are our two best forwards at the moment and we dont see em for the first 25??

boyd
nighty
gaz
coops
moz
stanley
hornby
merrin
young
weyman
creagh
scott
prior

king
hunt
gower
marketo
Just heard on the radio comments made by Bennett something like ...Its up to the players to turn this around, and right now im not sure if thats what they want.......paleeeese what the hell does that mean exactly......if SOME of them are thinking that way and I stress ARE then your right we do need changes.Because as red and white as I am (hence the blood shot eyes) Im certainly not putting myself through another few weeks of torment if some of them are not having a serious dig.

Jersey No 14

Juniors
By and by all players are idiots
They need guidance!
He's the coach - The guide.
If he has no idea - How the F are they going to pull themselves out of this then!
The rest is self explanatory.

ghostface

Juniors
Watching the game it looks like the players aren't trusting eachother there were a few instances when Soward would put his outside men in position but nathan fien would repeatedly pass the ball left, on one of those occasions it looked to really piss Soward right off who started stamping up and down with his arms out....

ghostface

Juniors
We're a little off the pace but i don't think mass changes are needed at the moment, we don't have the luxury of having a star player to look to when the going gets tough so I would prefer that the current mob work through the muck and the mire as a team.

Saint Angelo

Juniors
Watching the game it looks like the players aren't trusting eachother there were a few instances when Soward would put his outside men in position but nathan fien would repeatedly pass the ball left, on one of those occasions it looked to really piss Soward right off who started stamping up and down with his arms out....

I also recall seeing that moment. Fien was a useless speed bump out there yesterday and added nothing as a staring hooker.

But with regards to Soward, he had a few opportunities where he got the ball in a bit of space and chose not to run. He was obviously playing injured and didn't get involved at all. He shouldn't have played.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Bennett doesn't go out telling Soward not to tackle and not to take bombs. If he did then he should get sacked, but I am definately sure he would not give those instructions. Which coach would?

The players need to play footy and not be a passenger when they want to and look 100% when it suits them to?

Soward has to realise he got to reps because he worked hard on his defence and improved that aspect of his game. He was always a good kicker. If they wanted him because of his kicking he would of been picked at reps years ago. His lazy defence attitude has come back again.

What did Ricky Stuart do to the guys when they were on camp. They came back busted up and with F$$ed attitudes. Before that they were fine.

blacklock

Juniors
I say keep the team as is. Make the coming game a trial.

You perform?

Youre rewarded with a semi finals position on the team.

You dont perform?

You worked all year to watch your former team mates play in the finals from the side line.

Simple. If pride isnt enough to make them play harder..them make it a little more personal. They have a vested interest in putting in..

Currently each player is relying on another player to take the load. In particular how when an opposition player is seemingly covered, instead of rushing in to help your fellow defender lock the tackle...we have guys trotting back the 10 metres, opening the possibilities of 2nd phase plays.

Make them earn their reward!~!

(that goes for support play also where we seem to be passing the ball standing still instead of running hard as we pass)

greeny12

Juniors
I have no doubt Soward's mind was on protecting his back.... hence not taking the line on too much, avoiding the bomb on the full. Avoiding the physical contact so he doesn't worsen his injury. I love Soward, but if he's going to put his hand up to play, then committing himself to the ball and putting in 100% physically is part of that decision. If he didn't think he could do that then he should've taken the week off to rest and get better.

The Nick

Bench
And another thing - If Bennett says he can't coach us any more
Doust should grow a pair and sack him.
One in - All In!
I've never heard that from any coach.

What!!!!!!!!

WTF x10000???? Why would you sack the greatest coach there ever was? We're not a poorly coached team, we're a team currently displaying an attitude problem. There's a difference.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
WTF x10000???? Why would you sack the greatest coach there ever was? We're not a poorly coached team, we're a team currently displaying an attitude problem. There's a difference.

Wow...For the first time EVER on this forum I agree with THE NICK!

And I thought the Roosters beating us was strange enough

Latest posts