What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We really really have to play Hodges at FB

broncos2010

Juniors
I mean seriously we have too its so clear even at his age he can still do a fine job like GI is doing.

He has the passing game and the vision,can break a tackle and reads the game so well we need to give him the ball as much as we can and at fullback he would be the best option the longer we delay this the more it will hurt our season.

Norman had a go at full back a couple times and it has not worked out and Hoffman has had a fair go as well.

Even Hodges himself said he wants to have a go at full back, I know we will be short in the centres but move Glen in their or something.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Comparing Hodges at fullback to GI is pointless. Hodges has nowhere near the pace GI does. I'd also like to see Hodgo given a go there just for the experiment, but making that comparison is just setting him up for failure. He's never going to be the same as GI at fullback.

babyg

Juniors
Comparing Hodges at fullback to GI is pointless. Hodges has nowhere near the pace GI does. I'd also like to see Hodgo given a go there just for the experiment, but making that comparison is just setting him up for failure. He's never going to be the same as GI at fullback.

The last time we experimented with Hodges at fullback we won a f**king grand final

Reidy87

Juniors
Hodges showed some unexpectedly good pace tonight, and was probably our best player for a fair chunk of the game. When he moved to FB we looked a better side.

But... his hammy playing up has shown him what will happen if made to do twice the running at FB unfortunately.

Meanwhile, Hoffman continues to show some pretty decent bloody form.

Country Bronco

Juniors
Hodges didn't spend enough time at fullback tonight to give a accurate assessment but his tackle on Morris and grubber for Hoffman's try was great. Mccullough to bench, Wallace to Hooker, Norman to five eighth and Hodges to fullback. It seemed like a good plan. Beforehand I expected Stagg to go backup Hooker. The more crucial matter now is Hodges hammy. We need a contingency plan. I think rather than let Hodges play it would be best to select Gillett at right centre. Still change Wallace to Hooker and Norman to five eighth but name Kemp on bench to facilitate matter. Upon Hodges return try again. What we did tonite.

Last edited:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Watching Hodges do the handshakes post game, he didn't look like he was being too troubled by it. He was all smiles and laughs. He probably just tweaked it, fell into the voluntary tackle to get rid of the ball safely then got off the field just to be safe.

Country Bronco

Juniors
Watching Hodges do the handshakes post game, he didn't look like he was being too troubled by it. He was all smiles and laughs. He probably just tweaked it, fell into the voluntary tackle to get rid of the ball safely then got off the field just to be safe.

Sure enough. I think after years of hammy problems he knows what to do and when to to do it. I'd expect hodges to spend some time on the sidelines till he feels confident in return.

beads6

First Grade
His body is barely up to playing in the centres let alone more running at fullback.

jakepearce94

Juniors
The last time we experimented with Hodges at fullback we won a f**king grand final
last time we experimented was last night.

Hodges didn't spend enough time at fullback tonight to give a accurate assessment but his tackle on Morris and grubber for Hoffman's try was great. Mccullough to bench, Wallace to Hooker, Norman to five eighth and Hodges to fullback. It seemed like a good plan. Beforehand I expected Stagg to go backup Hooker. The more crucial matter now is Hodges hammy. We need a contingency plan. I think rather than let Hodges play it would be best to select Gillett at right centre. Still change Wallace to Hooker and Norman to five eighth but name Kemp on bench to facilitate matter. Upon Hodges return try again. What we did tonite.
he spent enough time to show how dangerous he can be. wallace isn't a hooker. mccullough did pretty good tonight i reckon.

Boy

Juniors

I'm so sick of reading this it is disrespectful to k hunt
Who was full back for most of the year and worked his ass off

Latest posts