What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We should throw the game

mets

Juniors
I think if the broncos win on friday night against dragons, and warriors beat tigers on saturday night, both likely to happen, we should throw the game so we play penrith who will probably finish 1st instead of roosters who'll finish second, in week one. It is sudden death either way and I reckon we'd have a better chance against the panthers.

antonius

Coach
In the end I don't think it matters who we play. Personaly I'd like us to meet and beat the Roosters, their not travelling that great ATM, be nice to get a bit of revenge for last year. Saying all that though I wouldn't mind if BK Bedsy, maybe M Gidley were rested, though I don't think wild horses would keep Kennedy off the field next week.

roopy

Referee
antonius said:
In the end I don't think it matters who we play. Personaly I'd like us to meet and beat the Roosters, tare not travelling that great ATM, be nice to get a bit of revenge for last year. Saying all that though I wouldn't mind if BK Bedsy, maybe M Gidley were rested, though I don't think wild horses would keep Kennedy off the field next week.
I don't think it matters who we play either.
To take out the title we need to win four straight knockout games, and at some stage we need to beat whoever is second best (behind us).

I don't think we can do it, but I'm sure we will all be proud of the effort the guys put in, whether they get knocked out first round or go all the way.

Terminator

First Grade
Throwing games is a bad mentality to get into, your team should always be confident of beating anyone anywhere if it is serious about it's ability.

knightsgal85

Juniors
terminator007 said:
Throwing games is a bad mentality to get into, your team should always be confident of beating anyone anywhere if it is serious about it's ability.

I absolutely agree with you here. No matter what happens against the Cowboys (win, lose, or draw), it will 'most likely' be sudden death for us. In the end it doesn't matter who we play. Might as well prove ourselves early, rather than later.

I wouldn't mind playing the Panthers or the Raiders in the first week. I'm a bit hesitant about the Roosters, but I'm sure if we do have to face them, we will give them a run for their money.

I think winning is important in the last week, no matter what affect it has on the premiership ladder. Wins tend to lift the momentum & confidence of teams, which will certainly do the Knights real good. Determination & enthusiasm are just as vital as solid defence & good attack, to claim victory (which is what we witnessed yesterday against the Dragons).

If you want something so desperately, you pour all your energy into making things become reality. You work together as a team, be counted, keep tackling, keep going forward. If every single player does their job, are committed in achieving a common goal, have belief in themselves, you can achieve virtually anything. It doesn't matter if you do not have the best half combination (for example), it is how you as an individual perform, that adds to a team's success.

Anonymous

Juniors
We want the Roosters at Aussie Stadium, the home ground effect is nullified and we have played our best football against them in the first round.

I think we match up poorly with the Panthers.....i think they will beat us.

-GS.

Big Tim

First Grade
terminator007 said:

It all depends. In High School I played Basketball for Newcastle High. Us and Warners Bay were the two best teams in the comp. In the first round the winners went to the right side of the draw and the losers to the left. Well Warners Bay won their first game so we decided to get the other Hunter Region spot we would throw our first game, which we did with difficulty (Overtime..... God that team sucked) We then went on to beat Warners Bay in the final and were seeded number 1 in the Hunter Region.

But when it comes to NRL we need to win every game we can. Has anyone considered that the Tigers might beat the Warriors? Then if we beat the Cowboys by 30+ we may finish 6th. Playing either Roosters, Raiders or Dogs, thus meaning that we may be able to lose in the first round but stay in the hunt. A second chance is always good.

knightsgal85

Juniors
Big Tim2 said:
Has anyone considered that the Tigers might beat the Warriors? Then if we beat the Cowboys by 30+ we may finish 6th. Playing either Roosters, Raiders or Dogs, thus meaning that we may be able to lose in the first round but stay in the hunt. A second chance is always good.

Are the Tigers playing at home? The unpredicability of the season so far may just see the Tigers manage to post a win against the Warriors. If we repeat our performance from our win against the Dragons, we may very well sneak in & steal 6th position on the ladder from the Warriors. We are now all aware that our team can manage to pile on points, as this is what we witnessed last week. It may also give us a second chance like you mentioned, if we were to lose in the first round of the finals series, which would be a bonus. Our encounter against the Cowboys is vitally important. It will be good preparation if we played like this game meant the world for us. A commanding win, or a win in general for that matter, will enhance our momentum, & the confidence for the beginning of our finals campaign.

Like I mentioned earlier, determination & enthusiasm are just as vital as solid defence & good attack, to claim victory. If every single player does their job, it will accumulate to our success.