What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WE WILL NEVER B SUCCESSFUL

galea#13

Juniors
Rugby league these days is all about business destroy your competitors if there were loyalty in the game we would be able to compete. But you could just read between the lines in sheens comments about 3rd party payments and the players market increasing every year that the top end of town will continue to rape the smaller less attractive clubs of there juniors letting us have the scraps they dont need YET. This cycle will go on forever and WHEN we lose benji to the top clubs because we are performing like this in a couple of years then even the most diehard supporter will just give in. ive been balmain man all my 22yrs and i have just about lost my interest in league anymore the comp is setup for the top clubs that got out of the super league mess unscathed we are just a breeding ground ! thats all we will be . SO one last chance i reckon break the salary cap and reap the benefits it gives you TOP 1st grade team top corporate sponsorship THEN YOUR JUNIORS WILL COME !!! then when you get caught cop it for a year but HEY U STILL HAVE THE JUNIORS ! sound familiar?

Never a truer word spoken. We are effectively dying on the vine. A good analogy is that of an organ transplant. When the two foundation clubs were grafted on to each other they never really took. So, as is with, say, some heart transplants. The body/organisation turns on itself and self-destructs after rejecting the initial transplant.
This is common knowledge in the league world. We don’t have much money and we are run by a board that doesn’t really like each other much at all and are happy to see the franchise run aground in order to further “stand alone” ambitions. Ala’ Northern Eagles. South’s and Manly will turn it around next year and we’ll still be treading water furiously, but really going backwards. It’s sad really.

BuffaloRules

Coach
I don't buy the talk that the reason for our lack of success is due to problems arising from the JV.

I think the reason for 5 years of failure is the players that Management have brought to the club....

Consider Buettner,Graham, Hill,Field and others, including a few who went around yesterday..

How much money has been squandered on these players??

Is their a plan at the club for success??

As I have send before in another thread, the only way that we can even have modest success is through our Juniors, - not through any management strategies.

jy

Juniors
the JV despite furious assertions to the contrary is not working. we are more inept than we were as stand aloners - the only difference is that we no longer have any history or tradition - or even a f**king proper home ground. i think i'll go back to watching balmain at leichhardt in competitions (pl and flegg) at which we are competitive. watching wests tigers at campbelltown - forget it.

galea#13

Juniors
maybe we had to waste that money on these players cos they were the only ones who would consider us ??

Latest posts