What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Webcke Retires

Mr Saab

Referee
The greatest front rower to play for the Broncos has announced his retirement. Wont be the same without him 2007 and beyond.

broncoman

Juniors
very sad, although it was always coming, hes been brilliant for us, i doubt he'll be replaced very easily, although Thaiday may develop into something special...

salivor

First Grade
We all knew this season would be his last, it'll be sad to see the big fella calls it a day. At least he's doing it at a good time with the youth at the club is strong with the likes of Thaiday starting to come into their own.

LESStar58

Referee
Thanks for the memories and best of luck Webbie!

Lucky for you blokes that Big Ben Hannat unit is more than capable of filling in up in the engine room!

broncoman

Juniors
Mr Angry said:
I believe he will, but as a 2nd rower
you reckon? hes big and strong enough to be a front rower, i think hs future is in the 8, athough i think Hannant should be given a chance as a starting prop next year and maybe Thaiday should have to wait until Civoniceva is finished...

Diablo

Juniors
One of the 2 great prop forwards I have ever seen.

Lazarus was the greatest, Webcke is not too far behind.

Dazzat

First Grade
Agree with Diablo about Lazarus being the best, along with Artie Beetson in his hey day. Webke definitely in the top five props of all time, not just because of his ability, but his attitude.

Ridders

Coach
great man...even tho i've always disliked the broncos, i've always held respect and admiration for him...good luck to him in whatever he endavours later on

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
on behalf of the cWo id like ot thank shane, one of the more better blokes off the field.

Queensland didnt look the same when Webcke left, and sadly Broncos may be the same.