What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 6

Haffa

Imagine what the Steelers D would be like if they had a decent DC?

Eight or so 1st rounders and a handful of day 2 picks in there, hard not to be good. Butler's got to be close to the luckiest DC in the game, should have been out of a job in January.
Swap you for Gym Shorts.

Eelectrica

Referee
At this point I think Rodgers just loves tormenting the Lions by giving them hope then snatching it away at the last second.

Poor old Lions.

They got some raw calls in that.

Ref sealed it with some home cookin’ in the end.

Look for Detroit to win a few more this year.

nick87

Coach
Lions got rinsed by the refs today

Boy didnt they?
THat said, that game is f**king over going into the 4th if any of those Packers could make a f**king play.. i swear they dropped 3-4 touchdowns.

It was like watching Carson Wentz make amazing plays only to see the eagles sorry arse group blow it. I was triggered

Frederick

Staff member
source.gif

kurt faulk

Coach

They also traded Peters away to the ravens for Kenny young and a 5th. Plus traded for a browns olineman, giving up a 2021 5th.

Time for the rams to play man on defense. Something they couldn't do with Peters there.

Is it enough to save their season? Time will tell but if they can't protect Goff they're going nowhere.

shiznit

Coach
Good for the Jags... getting 2 first rounders is good.

I feel for the fans... But in the long run those 2 picks should be starters in this league on cheap deals.

On the Rams side... yikes that’s a steep price... but he’s probably the 2nd best corner in the league and young as hell... so will be in his prime for a long time.

They gotta pay him though... so doing things like fixing up your O-Line is gonna be a lot tougher when you have your money tied up in that massive record breaking contract’s you signed for your QB, RB, DT and what will be your CB.

And they don’t have any 1st round picks for awhile either.

Just quietly I reckon keep an eye on Todd Gurley... dudes making an average of 14M a year.. and doesn’t always seem like he’s being used well.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they trade him for a 1st rounder and replace him with a mid round RB in the following draft.

Last edited:

dogslife

Coach
Jags have been drafting well in recent years, so should do well out of this.

Strange move by the Rams, they really don't rate first round picks do they? Their O-line has blown chunks this year as well, so naturally they trade one diva DB for another

AusKnightRKO

First Grade

I feel for the fans... But in the long run those 2 picks should be starters in this league on cheap deals.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they Ship Cooks and Gurley on in the off season to re coup some captial to fix the line.

On the Rams side... yikes that’s a steep price... but he’s probably the 2nd best corner in the league and young as hell... so will be in his prime for a long time.

They gotta pay him though... so doing things like fixing up your O-Line is gonna be a lot tougher when you have your money tied up in that massive record breaking contract’s you signed for your QB, RB, DT and what will be your CB.

Just quietly I reckon keep an eye on Todd Gurley... dudes making an average of 14M a year.. and doesn’t always seem like he’s being used well.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they trade him for a 1st rounder and replace him with a mid round RB in the following draft.

jaseg

Juniors

Nobody's giving up a first rounder for a RB with that contract and f**ked knees.

There is (as seemingly always) a few absolute gun RBs coming out next year, too. Draftniks having been jerking off over Jonathan Taylor for 3 years now, throw in D'Andre Swift & Travis Etienne, I'm sure there is even more (there's always a Bama back... Najee Harris? Chuba Hubbard keeps popping up on the best of college football this week lists over at PFF this season, too).. much better with a rookie payscale for 4+1 years (or just 4 and using that 1st on a position with more value.. no way that many backs go in the 1st) and, y'know, knees that aren't arthritic.

shiznit

Coach
Nobody's giving up a first rounder for a RB with that contract and f**ked knees.

There is (as seemingly always) a few absolute gun RBs coming out next year, too. Draftniks having been jerking off over Jonathan Taylor for 3 years now, throw in D'Andre Swift & Travis Etienne, I'm sure there is even more (there's always a Bama back... Najee Harris? Chuba Hubbard keeps popping up on the best of college football this week lists over at PFF this season, too).. much better with a rookie payscale for 4+1 years (or just 4 and using that 1st on a position with more value.. no way that many backs go in the 1st) and, y'know, knees that aren't arthritic.
I don’t disagree with you...

We took Josh Jacobs in the first and he’s worked out perfectly... but we had 3 first rounders so we had picks to burn.

He was also the rare RB who was highly ranked coming into the draft but had barely been used on college. So he has plenty of tread on the tyres.

The speculation was that Sabah limited his touches as he rly he couldn’t handle the full load... so we took a gamble that he could...

He seems good at the moment.

jaseg

Juniors
I don’t disagree with you...

We took Josh Jacobs in the first and he’s worked out perfectly... but we had 3 first rounders so we had picks to burn.

He was also the rare RB who was highly ranked coming into the draft but had barely been used on college. So he has plenty of tread on the tyres.

The speculation was that Sabah limited his touches as he rly he couldn’t handle the full load... so we took a gamble that he could...

He seems good at the moment.

I always wonder about those 'load' concerns (when injuries/chronic conditions aren't a factor, at least).. so many times we've seen rumours about concerns over a RBs ability to handle being the #1, and so often they turn out baseless. Melvin Gordon this season basically bet that those concerns on Ekeler would be true... completely f**ked himself doing so lol.

Jacobs definitely benefited from having Scarbrough, Harris & Michel in front (and N. Harris alongside) at Bama.. got enough to show he was damn good, but didn't have to take undue punishment before hitting the league.

Latest posts