What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird call on Fox

Hurriflatch

Referee
WAtched the replay on the net

and in the 2nd half Parra put up a bomb and some of the players whp are chasing through yell out to try and distract Milton Thiday and get him to drop the ball, I actually think this was when he did drop it and Morris nearly scored.

anyway the fox commentators (Freeman and Braybrook) said that the Knights should've gotten a penalty.

I know in cricket the if the batsman does the same thing to a fielder trying to catch the ball that he can be given out but I would've have thought the same ruled applied in RL.

btw, Scott Sattler just laughed off the suggestion that it should've been a penalty.

With Freeman constantly going off saying the Knights should've got a penalty every play or none of the Parra tries should've been allowed, Sattler put him in his place a couple of times during the call.

Clarkieel

Juniors
Freeman is a goose I hate having him do the commentating for our games as he hates our club so much!! we always yell from whre we sit when the opposition try and catch the ball on a bomb to try and get them to drop it are they going to penalise us in hte crowd too???

mickdo

Coach
I know it is illegal to do that in soccer, but have never heard that being a rule in league. I can remember it happening in a State of Origin game a few years back and no penalty was given so I reckon Braybrook was getting his codes mixed up...

Hindyscrack

Bench
Freeman is a fool, for a former international halfback, he doesnt have a great understanding of the game. Certain to make at least 3 stupid calls a game.

Suitman

Post Whore
If this is turning into a "Bag Freeman post"....I'm in.

What a tool that bloke is.

Suity

number8

Juniors
Freeman .......... Tool.

Hates the EELS. If he was a ref we would be penalised for winning the toss.

Bigfella

Coach
I've met him a few times and really liked him. However whenever he commentates on a Parra game: I nearly kick the TV set. I remember in his first year he was calling a Tigers Eels game which ended up a draw. He was so biased in his commentary it didn't surprise that when Tigers made a break in the last minute he was yelling "Go, go go". He almost directly barracks against the Eels in every game, particularly in his interpretation of any refereeing decision. Should be banned from commentating on Parra games. Fox's TV coverage is relatively free of the self interest and agendas of 2GB and 9. This is one instance where it is not. As a commentator he is all "colour" and no insight. A poor judge and analyst.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I wholeheartedly agree with Gary Freeman

I would go a step further with bombs and fullbacks, Id suggest the crowd at that end of the field remain totally silent until the bomb is taken, other wise heavey fines or suspension is in order for the whole area eg Peter Sterling hill ;-) .

On reflection, when a player is about to accept a pass, there also must be total silence

There shouldnt be any distractions, just like in Tennis

15-luv

Clarkieel

Juniors
I hope that was all sarcasm!!
at Shark park the other week the stupid mascot was banging the fence right behind burt when he was tryong to kick so that is worse in my opinion

Hellsy

Immortal
I thought it was Timmy! How cute.... future halfback hey? Well he is being held by the right guy then :lol:
Tim is funny with kids, after the Penrith game there was this baby that was about 2 weeks old and was getting photos with all the players, Tim got the baby after it had been passed through several guys already and it was restless and started crying.. Tim started freaking out about it!!! :lol:

Clarkieel

Juniors
LOl we took the photo at just the right second when he had his finger up but he was tryign to get my nephews attention!! and yes he is the future halfback I took him to the kersey launch last year aged 1 month to have piccies with all the players and he has been to a couple of games now with me!! He has the Parra chant down pat!! I am such a good influence!!

mickdo

Coach
Not wanting to defend Freeman or anything (I hate the bloke), but it was actually Mark Braybrook who brought up the opinion that it should have been a penalty for yelling at the bomb catcher, not Freeman.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I said it was both

Braybrook brought it up

but Freeman agreed with him

only Sattler said it wasn't the case

Hellsy

Immortal
Leasa said:
LOl we took the photo at just the right second when he had his finger up but he was tryign to get my nephews attention!! and yes he is the future halfback I took him to the kersey launch last year aged 1 month to have piccies with all the players and he has been to a couple of games now with me!! He has the Parra chant down pat!! I am such a good influence!!

EXCELLENT!!! Never too young to start I sy :D.

I have been laughing at Tim giving the finger in the photo, the people around me think I'm crazy!!!

Clarkieel

Juniors
I dont think there is anythign wrong with it no worse than tennis players grunting when they hit the ball

number8

Juniors
Morrison has been doing it for years & it is a big part of his game. I first noticed it against the EELS a few years back & when you are looking for it you find him doing it all the time. I love it. It adds to the pressure that sets the good fullbacks apart.

Latest posts