What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome back Weyman and Fien

Welcome back Weyman and Fien the go forward we had been lacking for past few weeks was resurrected. Some punishing metres gained by the big fella and thought Costigan did a decent job in the forwards as well.

Yep i agreed!!

Having Weymen and Fien back is good thing for us. It one of biggest turning point again. Nowhere near as crap as last year when Eels dipsh*t us.

Costigan is huge loss for us :( Dean Young was a thriller today!!!!!!!!!!!!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Prior should be OK.

This was great return for Weyman and Fien stepped up like he had never left.

Good signs.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I agree, Fien looked great and will only get better.

The game could of gone any way and both teams can take allot out of this.

Roosters are a good team and will be up there in September.

Was glad to see the Dragons beat them especially after the way the Roosters were talked up in the media this week, the inauguration of their hall of fame, and the hype about the 1975 GF.

It makes the win that much sweeter.

Also the fact that the Dogs season is over.

Damn I need a beer

big pat

Coach
a top weekend, saints win, bulldogs and eels lose, but what did it for me, was the look on the vaintrain, priceless.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
I agree, Fien looked great and will only get better.

The game could of gone any way and both teams can take allot out of this.

Roosters are a good team and will be up there in September.

Was glad to see the Dragons beat them especially after the way the Roosters were talked up in the media this week, the inauguration of their hall of fame, and the hype about the 1975 GF.

It makes the win that much sweeter.

Also the fact that the Dogs season is over.

Damn I need a beer
and the sharks (Thank you Ricky Stuart) may never recover:D

Watching Weyman make some of those barnstorming runs was orgasmic, you just get the feeling if we keep this side on the field will have a good shot at the GF.

Also like to mention Gaz, he had a hand in two tries, i think one was the disallowed one. nonetheless the bloke is improving game by game!

Ribs

Bench
The difference in our attack with Fien at dummy half is amazing. The fact that he can draw defenders in and have them guessing gives every player outside of him that little extra room to move. Priddis was far too slow and runners were getting hammered. I thought Youngs service from dummy half was the best I've seen from him too.....

Great performance from the whole pack, Costigan in the front row was a masterstroke and Creagh was enormous.

Good signs indeed.

rushndude

Bench
Fien's return could be very timely, changing the dynamic of our attack at the right part of the season. Lets hope so anyway.

i was at a city to surf p!ss up/ barbecue yesterday and missed the game despite trying to command a tv throughout the afternoon. Anyone know if/when it would be replayed on Fox? want to record it.

Cheers

Drew-Sta

Staff member

So glad Weyman is back. His bust up the middle was just amazing. Fien looked awesome too!

gregstar

Referee
howmuchdoesthatfatc*unt weyman made a massive difference yesterday.

you could see creeping's erection from brizzy.

dasher

Juniors
Weyman was huge. The spell on the sidelines seems to have done him a lot of good. I don't think we can underestimate the efforts of Costigan up the middle though, he was very very impressive. The one 2 punch was the go forward we have been lacking the last 6 weeks, and it made up for our still improving attack. Being able to kick from halfway or opposition half makes a huge change to being on the back foot kicking out of our own 30.

Some more game time from Fien in the next few weeks and we should see our attack starting to gel. Saying that, I still think there is room for both Priddo and Fien. Just give the old bloke a few weeks off to get his spark back before the finals, he is still a very handy hooker.

Jono1987

Juniors
Everything about yesterday was magic. The ground, the atmosphere and ofcourse the game itself. Weyman was huge, and Fien provided some nice touches. We can only get better from here. Unless there is an injury to one of our starting forwards, I can see Costigan staying in the front row for the rest of the season. Another Bennett masterstroke perhaps? And I thought Merrin was great yesterday too.

Latest posts