What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome Mark Meredith!

HOT028

Juniors
i cant remember the date #-o but i watch most games each weekend and have seen him going around with souths.

innsaneink

Referee
Wrighty79 said:
HOT028 said:
this is a great signing will add a lot to our bench as a metre eating forward when he comes on. another ex parra player :lol:

When did you see him play last???

Sorry to butt in...looks like maybe you were trying to prove a point.

Anyway...Hot028 you aint seen him this year ( I know you didnt say which year...LOL)....he did his knee in Souths first trial, two weeks before our trial at gosford.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/viewtopic.php?t=13379

HOT028

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Wrighty79 said:
HOT028 said:
this is a great signing will add a lot to our bench as a metre eating forward when he comes on. another ex parra player :lol:

When did you see him play last???

Sorry to butt in...looks like maybe you were trying to prove a point.

Anyway...Hot028 you aint seen him this year ( I know you didnt say which year...LOL)....he did his knee in Souths first trial, two weeks before our trial at gosford.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/viewtopic.php?t=13379

thanks, i wasn;t sure if i had seen him this year but i do remember seeing him play, i thought he played in the charity shield, i must be living in the past

Gus22

Juniors
I'm not sure about Meredith.
He seems to go missing at times. Reminds me of Carl Webb in that he can be so damaging when he is switched on & uses his ample frame. He is aggresive & has the potential to be the enforcer we are lacking. The key is getting him to fire up. I also have a querie on his fittness.

Overall he could a shrewd signing. He's definitely got the tools, lets hope he decides to use them.

Wrighty79

Juniors
i have no idea about this guy, but if Insaneink likes what he sees, well that will do me, and welcome Mr. Merideth!!! (Provided this is true)

innsaneink

Referee
Gus22 said:
He seems to go missing at times. Reminds me of Carl Webb in that he can be so damaging when he is switched on & uses his ample frame. He is aggresive & has the potential to be the enforcer we are lacking. The key is getting him to fire up. I also have a querie on his fittness.
Overall he could a shrewd signing. He's definitely got the tools, lets hope he decides to use them.

His match fitness would obviously down, seeing as hes had only 40 odd mins game time this year....I doubt Souths would have let him sit back and eat cherry ripes all year while rehabbing......theres a tip he could be back as soon as this week or next, though that could just be rumour.
IF he is signed, as it looks like he has.....from the end of round 26 hes ours, and Tim and Simmo will have all summer to get him in nick.

Gus22

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Gus22 said:

His match fitness would obviously down, seeing as hes had only 40 odd mins game time this year....I doubt Souths would have let him sit back and eat cherry ripes all year while rehabbing......theres a tip he could be back as soon as this week or next, though that could just be rumour.
IF he is signed, as it looks like he has.....from the end of round 26 hes ours, and Tim and Simmo will have all summer to get him in nick.

Ink,
I was actually referring to general fittness, when he was playing for Souths in 02/03. I may be wrong but my recollection of him was that he was never on for very long. Seemed to be used as an interchange player in short spurts for impact. Seemed less effective the longer he stayed on. These are just my observations based on only a handful of games I have seen him play. Also, if there are issues with committment & fittness, I give Sheens & Roycie a better chance of sorting those things out as opposed to Coleman & Langmack.

innsaneink

Referee
Yeah no worries Gus.

I think you may be right....Not 100% sure meself but think, like you say he may have been used off the bench like Gibbs, Heighno etc...as he was just getting into first grade.

BJ

Juniors
a good solid off season under tim and simmo and this guy will definatly add the mongrel that we have been lacking.. hopefully he has the impact off the ben or starting that we want and desperatly need..
can picture him now breaking through a couple of defenders and then offloading to hodgson who scoots away for a try under the posts..