What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the comp, Redcliffe.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
You can keep being performatively stupid and continue to pretend you don't understand the point if you like, but yes, the Dolphins admission into the NRL hasn't resulted in any genuine market growth for the sport or league at all.

Selling more of the product to the same pre-existing customer base isn't, and never will be, the same as attracting new customers.
I'll give you another chance, share with me the data you obviously have that has you confidentially proclaiming that the additional attendances are the same customer base.

And attendances are only the start, that's not even getting into...

Kings, Budget Direct, Anglo American, City of Moreton Bay, Village Motors and the raft of other sponsors new to the NRL

But sure you can die pompously on this hill... There has been no meaningful growth in Brisbane 🤣🤣🤣

Colk

First Grade
I'd like to hear @Perth Red, @Colk, @mongoose and @The Great Dane explain why they believe Brisbane Tigers shouldn't get an NRL licence, despite the two richest clubs in the NRL being from Brisbane!

I just saw this post.

Perth Red and The Great Dane have argued for no more Brisbane teams.

I have just argued that they shouldn’t be next. That’s all. Heck I have written multiple posts saying that they should get in with Perth and NZ 2.

You’re jumping at shadows mate

Perth Red

Post Whore
I just saw this post.

I have just argued that they shouldn’t be next. That’s all. Heck I have written multiple posts saying that they should get in with Perth and NZ 2.

Same here but butt hurt donkey can’t comprehend lol.
Brisbane doesn’t need a third team, nor does nrl for at least two decades. Maybe club 22.

tigers should have been brisbane2, they wouldn’t have been getting 10k crowds!

The Great Dane

First Grade
I'll give you another chance, share with me the data you obviously have that has you confidentially proclaiming that the additional attendances are the same customer base.

And attendances are only the start, that's not even getting into...

Kings, Budget Direct, Anglo American, City of Moreton Bay, Village Motors and the raft of other sponsors new to the NRL

But sure you can die pompously on this hill... There has been no meaningful growth in Brisbane 🤣🤣🤣
How about I give you a last chance to engage honestly instead.

What portion of Dolphins fans would estimate watched SOO annually before the Dolphins NRL side existed? Just throw a rough guesstimate out.

Last edited:

The Great Dane

First Grade
I just saw this post.

For the record, I've never argued that there should never be another Brisbane side either.

I've argued that you'd never have needed more than two if you did the second right, but that's not the same as saying there should never be anymore. New York will never need more than the Yankees and Mets, doesn't mean they couldn't support more or that it would never make sense to give them more under the right circumstances.

In fact, I've said the Dolphin's were incapable of meeting the demand in Brisbane since they first ramped their bid up, and that their addition would make it inevitable that there'd be at least a fourth and potentially as many as a fifth or sixth SEQ side in the coming decades. So I'm banking on more happening sooner or later.

In a sensible world a 3rd wouldn't even be considered for at least a decade or so, and ideally you'd hope to have representation in each of the major capitals before then as well, but the world ain't sensible.

Last edited:

mongoose

Coach
I just saw this post.

yeah same, I'm not against a 3rd Brisbane/SEQLD team down the track. They shouldn't be next or even team 19.

Calling for more Brisbane teams so soon after the Dolphins is peak LU stupidity.

Will be interesting how the Dolphins go once Bennett leaves. With the exception of the Raiders where he only coached for 1 season, he has a track record of leaving clubs in a much worse state than when he arrived.

What's stupid is demanding the next team be from Perth, NZ, Adelaide or PNG regardless of whether these markets have the infrastructure to support one.

Perth needs a costly major redevelopment of half its stadium and a high performance training centre. You're looking at several hundred million dollars to do it properly and a number of years to complete the construction. Question marks remain over the viability of the unnamed businessmen and Peter Cumins. The ARU knocked back the Melbourne Rebels' consortium due to its businessmen being unnamed.

Christchurch needs a high performance training centre. Question marks remain over the fiscal viability of its consortium.

PNG is decades away from being a viable destination and no amount of Gov funding changes this inescapable fact. Players aren't going to relocate their families to a high security compound in Port Moresby just because LU members want to stick it to AwFuL.

All of these issues are significantly more damaging than adding a third Brisbane team before 2030. People on here just don't want to accept it because they're desperate to expand into "new" markets.

mongoose

Coach
What's stupid is demanding the next team be from Perth, NZ, Adelaide or PNG regardless of whether these markets have the infrastructure to support one.

Perth needs a costly major redevelopment of half its stadium and a high performance training centre. You're looking at several hundred million dollars to do it properly and a number of years to complete the construction. Question marks remain over the viability of the unnamed businessmen and Peter Cumins. The ARU knocked back the Melbourne Rebels' consortium due to its businessmen being unnamed.

Christchurch needs a high performance training centre. Question marks remain over the fiscal viability of its consortium.

PNG is decades away from being a viable destination and no amount of Gov funding changes this inescapable fact. Players aren't going to relocate their families to a high security compound in Port Moresby just because LU members want to stick it to AwFuL.

All of these issues are significantly more damaging than adding a third Brisbane team before 2030. People on here just don't want to accept it because they're desperate to expand into "new" markets.

High performance training centers aren't that expensive. The Raiders have one of the best in the country and it was 20 million, although that was back in 2020. Costs will have gone up since then. Either way Perth would have other options of places to train in the interim. HBF currently hosts Force and Glory games, A rebuilt stadium is a condition you have placed on the team, no one else.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
You don't build a coe until you can afford it and are actually nearing excellence.

That's where the titans went wrong.

Last edited:
High performance training centers aren't that expensive. The Raiders have one of the best in the country and it was 20 million, although that was back in 2020. Costs will have gone up since then. Either way Perth would have other options of places to train in the interim. HBF currently hosts Force and Glory games, A rebuilt stadium is a condition you have placed on the team, no one else.
I'm using the metrics supplied by Perth Rat. He argued a team needs to generate $25m from football operations. The only way to do that is by generating around $10m from sponsorship and corporate hospitality. To generate that much from sponsorship and corporate hospitality you need to have state of the art facilities and strong public demand.

Perth has neither the facilities nor the demand needed to generate $10m from sponsorship and corporate hospitality.

Its ground has a capacity of 20k. Its corporate facilities are poor. The southern stand needs an extension and a roof. The southeast corner needs to be filled in with seats to boost capacity. The northern section and western stand need to be demolished and rebuilt. You're looking at around $300m to get it up to scratch.

Parramatta's high performance training centre cost $53m.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
A Perth team doesn't need a COE or a new stadium.

Surely you pelicans have learnt from the Titans?

They got a shiny new stadium. Great, until they had to pay hundreds of thousands of $$$ every game they played.

Then Snake Oil Searle decided they needed a centre of excellence and they went bust.

Build the club first. Build some credibility, some experience, some success. Then build your centre of f**king excellence!

A Perth team doesn't need a COE or a new stadium.

Surely you pelicans have learnt from the Titans?

They got a shiny new stadium. Great, until they had to pay hundreds of thousands of $$$ every game they played.

Then Snake Oil Searle decided they needed a centre of excellence and they went bust.

Build the club first. Build some credibility, some experience, some success. Then build your centre of f**king excellence!
Club will struggle to compete with the richer teams unless it has modern facilities.

Look at how much trouble Manly has at Brookval!

Lowest revenue in the game. Has not won a premiership since the bigger clubs started investing in their training facilities and moved into larger stadia.

Colk

First Grade
Club will struggle to compete with the richer teams unless it has modern facilities.

Look at how much trouble Manly has at Brookval!

Lowest revenue in the game. Has not won a premiership since the bigger clubs started investing in their training facilities and moved into larger stadia.

That’s more of a coincidence than anything. Manly have been one of the smaller clubs for a long time and have had more success than most.

Colk

First Grade
You don't build a coe until you can afford it and are actually nearing excellence.

That's where the titans went wrong.

Well they don’t have a side. Why would they build a COE for a side that doesn’t exist. I’m sure if and when they enter the competition they’ll build one