What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the comp, Redcliffe.

shewi6

Juniors
You still don't get it.

The antisiphoning laws only protect three games per round from being shown exclusively on pay TV. Ch9 have not shown any interest in purchasing the rights to a fourth game from round 1 to 27. They only cover a fourth game during the last five or so rounds. It's not a high rating time slot.

6pm Sun AEST is useless to Ch9 because it competes with the news.

The only timeslot that Ch9 would fork out money on for a fourth game is Monday night. The question is how much money Foxtel take off the table to share the game with Ch9.

A 9.30pm AEST Fri/Sat game would not rate well. A little under 20 years ago we had a delayed 9.30pm Fri AEST game on Ch9. It did not rate well and was axed.

Melbourne Storm needed $100m over 20 years to survive. They also had the luxury of acquiring a strong roster from two clubs that were shut down at the end of 1997. The club cheated the cap and spent more than every other club, bar the Broncos, to become successful enough on the field to generate a niche following in a hostile fumbleball market. It helps that their owners were rich and held a 50% stake in the NRL. Perth won't have any of these luxuries.

Yet people think Perth will be a carbon copy of the Storm?

Delusional.
Damn, and i thought i was so close to convincing u otherwise.

Agree to disagree, time will tell.

Perth Red

Post Whore
More bullshit.

Foxtel provided a metropolitan breakdown of their ratings in 2017.

Guess how many RL fans from Perth were watching on Foxtel?

5k!

Between Foxtel and Ch9 there's just 13k people in Perth regularly watching NRL games on TV.

Yet a Perth-based team is going to have 20k showing up to every game?

Delusional. Absolutely f**king delusional.

Why would Ch9 want a Perth-based team?

The Thursday and Friday night games begin at 6pm AWST. Good luck getting 20k into PRS at 6pm on a Thursday or Friday night. Most TV viewers will be watching the 6pm news.

If Perth hosts the Sunday Ch9 game at 4pm AEST then its value to Foxtel drops.

You don't know what you're talking about. The fact there's a simpleton like Vlad59 promoting it should tell you it's a dumb idea.

73,811 people attended an NFL game in Sydney 25 years ago. Only an idiot would use it to advocate for Sydney to have an NFL team.
It looks like Perth is getting a club, better learn to live with it or you’re, (or is it your?) going to be a very bitter man lol

Vee

First Grade
I mean I'm a souths fan born and raised in rural north west qld, so a perth team isn't my biggest concern in life yet I am a big supporter of them getting a team back.

I was a broncos fan growing up as I was in nappies when the super league war began and as learned about it and the broncos role in it i became disillusioned with them and how they nearly killed the game i love and killed off a lot of clubs that didn't deserve to die and some were saved that didn't deserve to live (like the sharks, sorry lol).

Around this time I also learned about WA's history with the game and how they really were the only place outside the heartlands that played the game and at a significant scale.

I think a perth club should get back in the nrl not only to right the wrongs of the past but because they have proven they support the game. If that makes me a delusional fan boy than so be it.

Even the bears deserve a chance to come back, obviously they can't be in nsw, but maybe they could make it work in Perth. (My preference would be to resurrect the reds)
It needs to be the perth bears 100% tho, 12 home games there minimum. No nrl games at an antiquated cricket ground (a trial is fine) and they really should work with manly to take a game to the sfs and make it a big event that eventually will be as big as a bunnies-roosters or parra-dogs game.
Agree with all of that.

It looks like Perth is getting a club, better learn to live with it or you’re, (or is it your?) going to be a very bitter man lol
You've been bitter as shit about rugby league in this country for 20 years.

I'm under no requirement to turn a blind eye to the weaknesses of Perth. You've sat on this forum and ridiculed rugby league in Brisbane for years, which much of what you've been critical about being complete bullshit that only exists in your twisted mind. It's now your turn to have the spotlight shone on Perth's actual inadequacies. You can dish it out but you cannot take it. You're just like that biased pansy mongoloid who thinks there's conspiracy between RL, RU, Foxtel and Ch9 to not put a team in Perth.

Vlad59

Juniors
You've been bitter as shit about rugby league in this country for 20 years.

I'm under no requirement to turn a blind eye to the weaknesses of Perth. You've sat on this forum and ridiculed rugby league in Brisbane for years, which much of what you've been critical about being complete bullshit that only exists in your twisted mind. It's now your turn to have the spotlight shone on Perth's actual inadequacies. You can dish it out but you cannot take it. You're just like that biased pansy mongoloid who thinks there's conspiracy between RL, RU, Foxtel and Ch9 to not put a team in Perth.
Potato

Someones seriously butthurt logan isnt getting a team and Perth is lol

maybe you can campaign to get Easts to partner with Perth to keep afl out of Logan!
You don't know who the next three teams will be. No one does at this point. It won't stop you from being a know-it-all and going on like you have inside knowledge.

If Perth does get a team it could end up being a revived NSWRL club that no one in WA wants.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You don't know who the next three teams will be. No one does at this point. It won't stop you from being a know-it-all and going on like you have inside knowledge.

If Perth does get a team it could end up being a revived NSWRL club that no one in WA wants.
It’ll still be better than Logan’s getting lol
best get used to those afl sticks popping up in a park near you :)

It’ll still be better than Logan’s getting lol
best get used to those afl sticks popping up in a park near you :)
As I predicted, you're still pretending to know what's going to happen.

One minute you're ridiculing the Bears. Now you love them because the Sydney media and V'landys are trying to tie them with Perth. If they wanted to bring the Bears back as a Christchurch-based team you would be bagging the idea and saying "so rugby league".

Perth Red

Post Whore
As I predicted, you're still pretending to know what's going to happen.

One minute you're ridiculing the Bears. Now you love them because the Sydney media and V'landys are trying to tie them with Perth. If they wanted to bring the Bears back as a Christchurch-based team you would be bagging the idea and saying "so rugby league".
You’ve become very bitter and abusive whilst I’ve been on holiday. are you ok?
do I need to be worried about the dogs?

Latest posts