What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome

smeghead

Bench
Too True. Lets not turn this into a slanging match between Storm fans and Tigers fans. Save that for when we play each other

Dog-E

Juniors
If we don't make the 8...or fail to go further than the Tigs - then you can damn well colour me...er....whatever colour a bandwagion is, as well!! ;-)

chemicalstorm said:
Yes The biggest bangwagoner supporter is the Tigers

2004 5,000 people turned up to the Tigers vs Storm Game

compare

to, 2005 17,000 turned up to the Same fixture at the same ground.

They make the South Sydney Bangwagoners look like a bandwagon army of 100 people.

Sorry mate,

Two ground records last season whilst out of the 8, and big crowds even when we were out of the 8 this season.

Stick to trying to get 10k to ONE match per season.

TigerMo

Juniors
A_J_Gray said:
ChemicalStorm..

That night we played you there was one of the worst nights to be at footy I remember. It was not a local derby , it was one of the coldest nights ever and it clashed with the Bledisloe Cup (The 2nd biggest sporting event in the country behind Origin).

To add to that, coming into the Storm game, we had lost 4 games in a row, and in 2 of those games saw us lose 50-0 and 56-0 in consecutive weeks.

We have been coming 12th at some stages of this season and we still have had the 3rd highest crowd averages out of all the teams in Sydney.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Man, Tigers do something good and people still want to find a reason to bag them.

I for one want to congratulate both the Joint Venture and the fans involved.

Of the 3 JV's we have seen, I have stated before this looks like ending up being the most successful. The reason I say this is follows.

Of the Manly-Norths JV, this should of been a very successful club, a North Shore super club. Instead all we saw was two factions cutting of their nose to spite their face.

The Norths faction wanted to impose a club that resembled Norths, and would do anything to prevent it becoming anything resembling Manly. The Manly faction wanted to impose a club that resembled Manly and did anything they possibly could to prevent it becoming anything resembling Norths.

In the end the infighting caused the club to implode, and manly were just lucky enough to pick up what was left of the ashes and it's taken them 3-4 years to get to any semblence of a professional sporting organisation.

With the St. George-Illawarra JV. Well, The St. George faction has ensured that this new club is still in essence a St. George Club. The Illawarra fans know they are follow what is essence is a St. George club, and doesn't resemble much of the old steelers.

However with the Tigers. Western Suburbs fans know this isn't the Magpies, however they know they aren't being forced to follow a rebadged Balmain Tigers. The old Tigers fans know this isn't Balmain, though not a rebadged Magpies teams.

In the end they have created something new, and at the moment it is a wonderful team to follow. Both sets of fans have had to make a HUGE sacrifice for what has been told for the better of Rugby League. The club was a mess to start off with, denied of success and was of a foreign culture to begin with. Of course it would of taken some time for the old Balmain and Magpie fans to get behind it.

Success sure helps speeding up this process, which seems to be coming to fruition now, they are the 2nd highest drawing team in Sydney despite not even being in the top 8.

And as far as the on field displays go, the team is great. A core of talented youngsters with a sprinkling of vetern, not-so-skilled toilers. This team either wins by doing something brilliant, or does some stupid mistakes. The toilers ensure they games are always competitive.

Tigers fans at the moment are getting the highest of highs, and the lowest of lows, what a roller coatser of emotions. Top Stuff.

The Wests Tigers Joint Venture, as a Rugby League fan I salute you.

attamarrap

Juniors
I have heard (in the past) I follow balmain or I follow western suburbs I'm not following wests tigers now it's those same people who are jumping back on the tigers imo tigers can get fked i didn't mind them until they started to get good

DJ1

Juniors
chemicalstorm said:
Yes The biggest bangwagoner supporter is the Tigers

2004 5,000 people turned up to the Tigers vs Storm Game

compare

to, 2005 17,000 turned up to the Same fixture at the same ground.

I wondered why there was so much Red, White and Blue in the crowd. lol

Eddie.

Bench
attamarrap said:
I have heard (in the past) I follow balmain or I follow western suburbs I'm not following wests tigers now it's those same people who are jumping back on the tigers imo tigers can get fked i didn't mind them until they started to get good

Thanks Denis Fitzgerald.

attamarrap

Juniors
Eddie. said:
Thanks Denis Fitzgerald.
why because I dislike opposition teams? I meant it like I thought they were good because they were underrated but now they are getting heaps of attention I dont like em anymore

westie

Bench
chemicalstorm said:
We don't get 5,000 people to a game last year,

Our lowest is 6,000

We get an average of roughly 2,000 Bandwagon supporters here in Melbourne but not the 12,000 that is in the West Tigers Camp

Bangwagon and Fairweather supporters, 1. Souths 2. Wests tigers.

Literally fairweather supporters. That was the worst weather leading up to a match ever.