What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well done Friz, Bomber and Euie

gitano

Juniors
Made Country side. Yes, the City v Country match has gone downhill of late, with lots of players withdrawing etc. Still pleased for the lads though.

In particular Aitken. Making a senior rep side at just 20 is a big achievement, and a real vote of confidence in his ability.

Disappointing that nobody else has mentioned it? Fickle bunch after a loss aren't we :cool:

thebigredv

First Grade
Made Country side. Yes, the City v Country match has gone downhill of late, with lots of players withdrawing etc. Still pleased for the lads though.

In particular Aitken. Making a senior rep side at just 20 is a big achievement, and a real vote of confidence in his ability.

Disappointing that nobody else has mentioned it? Fickle bunch after a loss aren't we :cool:

Yay. all is well now.

Old Timer

Coach
Unfortunately the City v Country has degenerated into a farce.

Good for their CV's and of course we wish them well but what relevance does it really have?

This is also symptomatic of the trouble with NRL

Test teams picked prior to any NSW rep football and especially SOO.

NSW rep football played the day after the test so some of the best players not there.

NSW SOO coach rabbiting about who will be in the team prior to season kick off let alone rep trials.

Test matches in Newcastle because we couldn't draw a good crowd down here.

All very tragic really.

dino2170

Juniors
i remember those years where city vrs country matches were trails for the test matches. alas where did we go wrong.

gitano

Juniors
The butthurt is strong.

Good on our guys, especially Aitken making it. I remember when fans would get around the boys.

inside_pass

Bench
I suppose congrats to them but it really is a meaningless game.
Hopefully our players get through without any major injuries.

possm

Coach
i remember those years where city vrs country matches were trails for the test matches. alas where did we go wrong.

I would love to see City v Country be the trial for NSW SOO selection and SOO be the trial for Test selection.

So it follows that the NZ test would be held after SOO is completed.

Smurf

Juniors
I would love to see City v Country be the trial for NSW SOO selection and SOO be the trial for Test selection.

So it follows that the NZ test would be held after SOO is completed.

100% agree possm

Dragons 09

Juniors
Congrats to the lads, nice to see them recognised for their ability even though their club coach has hindered their progress and potential.

I really hope Friz is given the opportunity and game plan to show what he is really capable of instead of the battering ram directions he has been given week in and week out by Clueless. This kid has the potential to be as devastating as any backrower in the game and it is just so sad to see his game deteriorate the way it has through no fault of his own.

Hope all 3 have blinders and pull up injury free.

blacksafake

First Grade
Congrats to the lads, nice to see them recognised for their ability even though their club coach has hindered their progress and potential.

I really hope Friz is given the opportunity and game plan to show what he is really capable of instead of the battering ram directions he has been given week in and week out by Clueless. This kid has the potential to be as devastating as any backrower in the game and it is just so sad to see his game deteriorate the way it has through no fault of his own.

Hope all 3 have blinders and pull up injury free.
Well said, It's pi##ed me off watching him run into players instead of into gaps.I just hope his career is not going to be coached by nuffies who can't use him properly.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Also congrats to Shaun Nona and Shannon Wakeman for making the NSW residents squad.
I wonder if anyone from our recruitment noticed or even cared!

They will join some handy players already playing 1st grade (Daniel Alvaro, Elijah Taylor, Shaun Lane and Zach Docker-Clay to name a few)

Wakeman was signed to a year deal and never got a go they went with O'Brien and he turned out to be a total plodder.

Nona honestly no idea why he came down in the first place as he'll never get a go.