What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well done knights!

seedy

Juniors
Great game tonight guys it wasn't pretty but they got the 2 points!Seems they are going better away from newie,but hey who cares where we wins!Sau had a great game tonight and should hold his spot for next week great when a young guy comes into grade and makes an impact!I watched the unders 20's game to and there knights played pretty well and with alot of guys!Richardson looks like he has a bright future in the red and blue.I was also inpressed with both or starting front rows i think one was Edwards but im not sure who the other guy was!Next week against the cowboys won't be easy but its guy to see some of the younger guys getting a start maybe uate with be next!!

Ive watched joel edwards closely lately cause i used to teach him..he does all the things right and a very keen defender...Just if he coud get a bit more impact witht the ball ..i hope we hang onto him

Bicey_18

Bench
Yes we beat a team which is practically a reserve grade side.
Missing more alot of their first choice players.

Buderus, Cross, Gidley, Simpson...

Take those out of any team and you will struggle big time..

El Masri, Utai, Roberts, Holdsworth, Hughes, Ryan, Maitua, Kouparitis... are they reserves?

roopy

Referee
Ive watched joel edwards closely lately cause i used to teach him..he does all the things right and a very keen defender...Just if he coud get a bit more impact witht the ball ..i hope we hang onto him
Joel looked fitter than last year at the start of the season, but injuries have him looking very similar to last year now.
I don't know if it is a coaching thing, but the huge hit in defence isn't as obvious this year, but the workrate is higher.
He has great heart, good size, fantastic technique - he just needs to add a firstgrade level of fitness and he is the real deal for NSW cup at least next year.
The other NYC prop from yesterday, Scott Dobbins, has been a second rower who represented NSW at u17, u18 and u19s levels - but this season he seems to have lost a lot of mobility as he has put on a lot of size. He has always been an 80 minute tackling machine - but i think the extra size he has now makes him perfect for a 60 minute prop - he just needs to adjust his game to go looking for more work in shorter bursts.

Rutager

Juniors
Buderus, Cross, Gidley, Simpson...

Take those out of any team and you will struggle big time..

El Masri, Utai, Roberts, Holdsworth, Hughes, Ryan, Maitua, Kouparitis... are they reserves?

Newcastle were never in doubt, I was amazed that they were not $1.04 favourites.

Hanscholo

Bench
Yes we beat a team which is practically a reserve grade side.
Missing more alot of their first choice players.

Most 1st grade teams would have liked to have had the pack the bulldogs had on the weekend, even with people missing. it was a good win.

Rutager

Juniors
Most 1st grade teams would have liked to have had the pack the bulldogs had on the weekend, even with people missing. it was a good win.

You are joking surely?

Leano and Morrin as starting props?

Yes, im sure most first grade teams would liked to have had those two. :crazy: