What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well done to us Top 4 again.

We made the top 4.

We have had our fair share of drama on and off the field.

We have had an injury list that matches and is even a bit worse than other clubs who claim to have been devastated by injury.

Lawrence, Tuqiri, Payten, Daniela and Dwyer all long term, Utai, Ellis, Gibbs and Fulton have also missed several games, we even spent time with our whole left hand side sitting in the stands.

Benji has been incredible, Ayshford has gone to another level and Woods and Groat have handled the step up.

However please do not underestimate the role of our skipper, Farah has been the rock, the brains and the foundation that everything we have achieved has been built on.

He has carried and driven the team forward, leading by example and has been magnificent at it.

Whatever we achieve from now on please remember we really have done well to be where we are.

Let's send Toddy and Gibbo out with a lap of honor.

simmo1

First Grade
At the start of the year, 15-9 with +89 F/A is about how most people expected us to fare in the regular season. Need to back it up with strong performances in the finals.

netic

Juniors
Mate top 4, 2 years running i dont think no tigers fan can complain.....

Hopefully they can give the finals a good shake now like last year bit this time get to the GF

This is statistically our best regular season on record. In 2010 we chalked up 15 wins 34 points and a +34 differential, in 2005 we chalked up 14 wins, 32 points and a +101 differential. We did it with serious injury dramas too, and we're coming into the finals at full strength.

Eddie.

Bench
Sounds silly but finals is not do or die for me. I would love us to win it, but small details will decide that. Im sure we will play well, Sheens always produces good finals performances from us. Finishing in the Top 4, two seasons in a row gives me equal satisfaction to the 05 premiership. Im not joking, a different type of satisfaction but great all the same.

On Robbie Farah, he is an outstanding leader. He hurts more then anyone. He cares more then anyone about WT. He hasn't had his best year personally however he is the rock as you put.

Last edited:
Excellent post bubbles.

Well done team and by that I mean everyone who has played this year, thank you.

2 years in a row is a great result.

And remember, there's only 2 types of rugby league supporters, those who go for the tigers and those who wish they did ;-)

Perth Tiger

Bench
Good post and well done to the boys.

It has been quiet a strange feeling knowing that we would be playing finals footy for such a long part of the season considering we spent (Tigers fans anyway, not sure for the Wests crew) the best part of 20 years with no finals

N.C.

Juniors
Sounds silly but finals is not do or die for me. I would love us to win it, but small details will decide that. Im sure we will play well, Sheens always produces good finals performances from us. Finishing in the Top 4, two seasons in a row gives me equal satisfaction to the 05 premiership. Im not joking, a different type of satisfaction but great all the same.

On Robbie Farah, he is an outstanding leader. He hurts more then anyone. He cares more then anyone about WT. He hasn't had his best year personally however he is the rock as you put.

Nicely put. After some careful thought, I'll give it a plus one. It's nice to be in with another chance this September...

Magpie Tragic

Juniors
Good post and well done to the boys.

It has been quiet a strange feeling knowing that we would be playing finals footy for such a long part of the season considering we spent (Tigers fans anyway, not sure for the Wests crew) the best part of 20 years with no finals

I can't remember the last time Wests made the semis, but I do know 1952 was our last Premiership, so 2005 was a loooooonnnnnng wait.

Blackdiamond

Juniors
I might stir the pot here & ask if anyone is still calling for Sheen's head, now that we've made top 4?

He often gets seriously bagged here & it is sometimes difficult to make sense of his decisions.

Question is - does he deserve any credit for the teams performance this year? Is anyone prepared to do a back flip?

Perth Tiger

Bench
I can't remember the last time Wests made the semis, but I do know 1952 was our last Premiership, so 2005 was a loooooonnnnnng wait.

Yeah I knew it was a long wait for premierships for the Wests boys as well but I couldn't remember if you guys jagged a couple of finals appearances in the 90s under Tommy

N.C.

Juniors
I might stir the pot here & ask if anyone is still calling for Sheen's head, now that we've made top 4?

He often gets seriously bagged here & it is sometimes difficult to make sense of his decisions.

Question is - does he deserve any credit for the teams performance this year? Is anyone prepared to do a back flip?
It's a little each way, mate. Many are saying credit where it's due, others are saying piffle to that, he's a goose regardless and history matters. Not sure I've seen a backflip yet... because none of those who are staunchly anti-Sheens have really come out cheering for him. To be fair, most of those guys only come around here talking that way when we're losing.

But I think most of us are perplexed and tired of the madness, rather than staunchly anti-Sheens anymore. I mean, he's our coach for the long haul, we had our chance to get rid of him and we signed him up again anyway... He came under a bit of pressure from the media and the old boys. He's repaid us with a long overdue clean-out and another top four finish. So the game has kind of changed.

It will be interesting to see what he does if we bag another title this year.

Magpie Tragic

Juniors
Yeah I knew it was a long wait for premierships for the Wests boys as well but I couldn't remember if you guys jagged a couple of finals appearances in the 90s under Tommy

Semi finalists in 1991, 1992 & 1996, prior that it was 1982, and interspersed are 6 wooden spoons with the last in 1999......then it was RIP Maggies & hello Wests Tigers

Borat.

Juniors
With the shit we have been thru, + Benji's court case and a horror injury list any tiger fan not doing cartwheels right now are kidding themselves...

thommo_85

Juniors
With the shit we have been thru, + Benji's court case and a horror injury list any tiger fan not doing cartwheels right now are kidding themselves...

100% agree, Sheens has done some bizarre stuff over the years, but you can't really deny he's done a good job this year considering the circumstances

maitland_magpie

Juniors
Semi finalists in 1991, 1992 & 1996, prior that it was 1982, and interspersed are 6 wooden spoons with the last in 1999......then it was RIP Maggies & hello Wests Tigers

Not a single win in any finals game in 1991, 92 or 96 for the pies. In fact I was born in October 66 and in my life prior to 05 we had only won 3 finals games in my life. So those 4 wins in 05 are highly cherrished. Heres hoping for another 4 over the next month.

Das Hassler

Bench
100% agree, Sheens has done some bizarre stuff over the years, but you can't really deny he's done a good job this year considering the circumstances

Well i'm not qualified to rate Sheens but his true peers (the other coaches that have won premierships and those that have coached the Kangaroos) most certainly do..but ..i'd suggest that what have so often seemed as bizzare positional selections to a lot of people are just him doing his job as he sees it after 3 decades at the job..that is to experiment and push the envelope in seeing what might be possible...to those that would laugh at that then consider this..injuries don't disciminate between bench players and superstars so i see it as a definite ace up our sleeve that NO other finals coach would be going into the finals with more tested options at his disposal if the SHTF. He stated after our last loss (two months ago) that we would be playing finals football..he had no doubt about that, only thing that concerned him was having the momentum right when we got there...so far i'll give him a 9.9 for the job he and the coaching staff have done.
credit where it's due...well done fellas to the team and the coaches

Tigerm

First Grade
Well i'm not qualified to rate Sheens but his true peers (the other coaches that have won premierships and those that have coached the Kangaroos) most certainly do..but ..i'd suggest that what have so often seemed as bizzare positional selections to a lot of people are just him doing his job as he sees it after 3 decades at the job..that is to experiment and push the envelope in seeing what might be possible...to those that would laugh at that then consider this..injuries don't disciminate between bench players and superstars so i see it as a definite ace up our sleeve that NO other finals coach would be going into the finals with more tested options at his disposal if the SHTF. He stated after our last loss (two months ago) that we would be playing finals football..he had no doubt about that, only thing that concerned him was having the momentum right when we got there...so far i'll give him a 9.9 for the job he and the coaching staff have done.
credit where it's due...well done fellas to the team and the coaches
Good post, BTW, he has probably coached most of his peers:lol:

Though I still reserve the right to question & bag his decisions when they make no sense (to me), I guess that's what this forum is all about.

But there is no denying, he has brought it all together, if only we could have finished first.... (only joking)

Latest posts