What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well done Warren Ryan

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Maybe the Storm should be allowed 14 players on the field next year too?

Hahaha.

If it helps secure a bigger television deal then we should do it! :crazy:

Maybe people will want to watch a competition that's fixed and corrupt. I guess lots of people like to watch professional wrestling even though every sane and rational person knows it's all fiction (but do those fans honestly still think of wrestling as a genuine sport).

If the NRL obviously wasn't a fair competition and cheating was not just accepted but rewarded as long as it served some commercial imperative ... then I'd be very turned off. It'd probably cancel Foxtel as soon as I could, since I only really have it because of NRL. Without Foxtel, I'd be lucky to watch one game a week, since I often avoid the internet and news for a few hours so I can watch the replays free of ads and at a time that's convenient (I often have better things to do on Friday nights and Sunday afternoons than sit in front of the television). How much are the broadcasting right worth then ... if my feelings end up being representative a good number of other fans?

I agree that it'd be ideal to have a good, strong presence in Melbourne, but not at the cost of our principles and the integrity of our competition.