What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well guys...

tigershaz

Juniors
I am so dissapointed in the treatment of our team, and the NRL in general, I'm not going to anymore games.
I have had a lot happen in my family this past 6 months, and think I will be hanging up my footy- following boots :(

Football has been my life, and it's just too painful to keep following!!

tracietiga

Juniors
I know where you are coming from .
50 nil and 56 nil at home isnt what we supporters deserve .
And then they go out and buy another reserve grader .
But hey thats our team ,lol.

innsaneink

Referee
tigershaz said:
I am so dissapointed in the treatment of our team, and the NRL in general, I'm not going to anymore games.
I have had a lot happen in my family this past 6 months, and think I will be hanging up my footy- following boots :(

Football has been my life, and it's just too painful to keep following!!

We'll see....somehow I think you'll find you'll change your mind Shaz....

I've only met you a few times but I can tell how much you love this team, and I think you'll find it hard to walk away.

I hope you dont....

innsaneink

Referee
tracietiga said:
I know where you are coming from .
50 nil and 56 nil at home isnt what we supporters deserve .
And then they go out and buy another reserve grader .
But hey thats our team ,lol.

Who did we buy?

tigershaz

Juniors
It's not the score lines, I'm an old maggie, I am used to it...lol
It's the Nrl in general!

They are only for a certain few clubs, the rest are treated like shit!

gr8_1

Juniors
tigershaz said:
It's not the score lines, I'm an old maggie, I am used to it...lol
It's the Nrl in general!

They are only for a certain few clubs, the rest are treated like sh*t!

As a old magpie like myself you know that the heirachy have treated the clubs we supported like crap from the day Arthurson's Manly raided the Magpies in the early 80s. It continued throughout the years and now as the Wests Tigers we are coping it from the NRL. Nothings changed.
Yes the NRL is a joke. *edit*

All we can do is support the players who go out and play for the club we support. Im hoping we are just going through a bad cycle at the moment and that its gonna change for the better real soon.

Keep ya chin up, there are good times ahead.

cadburys

Juniors
Hi Tigershaz, i have'nt even met you, but i can sense the pain, frustration and hurt that you have inside you, maybe not from a magpie fans perspective, but as a wests tigers fan.

I'm 36 and had been following my beloved Balmain from 1979 up until the merger and now the Wests Tigers.

Now Balmain did'nt suffer a great deal of pillaging over the time i supported them, the only pain was seeing the beginning of the demise of
Balmain from the Alan Jones era onwards.

So on that score, i have'nt had to endure much sorrow, but as a Wests Tigers fan, well most definitely, watching our team suffer the mid year slide syndrome year after year through key losses to personnel and then form slumps.

But at NRL Board level, i know exactly where you're coming from.

It's a s.... #$%^&* how we are treated compared to the those elite clubs.

Chin up Shaz, just keep that tiger spirit inside you burning, it's what keeps
me going.

Don't lose faith.

;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

simon says

First Grade
Gee,two Grand Final losses and then 15 years without playing a semi has knocked me around a bit I have to admit.

But you just cnt give up,its too much fun being a footy fan.

Cheers.

Suzie

Juniors
Chin up Shaz. The NRL is a joke, but you are too much of a fighter to let them get you down. Come on girl, with what you have dealt with in the short time I have known you, you can't let something as pathetic as the NRL get you down. You're much bigger than that. *HUGS* Anyway, you don't want to miss out on 'you know who' ;-) See you at Campbo :)

tigershaz

Juniors
thanks guys!

I don't know what to say!!

I will try and last a bit longer.... :( because Suzie is a good friend!!

And Cadburys...for someone who hasn't met me, you know me pretty well :)

Well put Shaz, and I'm with you a hundred percent. I have endured both the Dragons & Roosters games at both the grounds, with my little bloke, who is three years old. Now having been a Wests supporter since the early 70's I'm just not sure I can consign another generation to getting behind the under dog for the rest of his days. The Newslimited run competition is basically for an elite few who have good Media/Business contacts. Example, Broncos-Singleton,Bulldogs-Noad,Roosters-Packer. Our merged, new and improved club is four years old and we have no one in our corner pushing our case in the media or business arena. We were lucky to get a little known soft drink company to sponsor us. When the Roosters eventually sign Benji Marshall to sure up their depth in premier league I will walk away from the game all together and buy my kid a Swans jersey ](*,)

axl rose

Bench
Lidcombe Ledgends said:
When the Roosters eventually sign Benji Marshall to sure up their depth in premier league I will walk away from the game all together and buy my kid a Swans jersey ](*,)

I have started taking alot more interest in AFL and Union lately. Most of the reasons for it people have already stated themselves. 2000 was bad enough with the attempt to wipe Mcraken out for 11 WEEKS for a so called elbow (Jim 'fat pig' Hall doesnt know what a shoulder charge is) ok so he got off luckily but the warning signs were there. Then Mcraken has his career ended by Kearney, which should have also been the end of Kearneys career( what did he get? 9 weeks?) I wonder how many weeks Boyd would have got in the 80's.

Then there are the obvious ones as well like Lamb decking Hanley but the ARL deeming no action nessasary. I would also like to know that in the 100 or so years of Rugby League has a team ever had the penalty against them for using an OPPOSITION player as an obstruction? just Tigers of cause at a crutical point of a final.

hmm other things that have turned me off the game are.. Mick Stone who robs so called lower teams like Souths and Tigers blind. (they sack him for a week then bring him back) The whole points system for the judicary, oh that is worth 89 points of wait 79 no 129! fa F sake! what a farce the NRL is.

There is no way i will ever adandon the Tigers but once they kick us out (u know they will) I will proudly wear a swans or wallabies jersey and never watch another game in my life.

innsaneink

Referee
Lidcombe Ledgends said:
Well put Shaz, and I'm with you a hundred percent. I have endured both the Dragons & Roosters games at both the grounds, with my little bloke, who is three years old. Now having been a Wests supporter since the early 70's I'm just not sure I can consign another generation to getting behind the under dog for the rest of his days. The Newslimited run competition is basically for an elite few who have good Media/Business contacts. Example, Broncos-Singleton,Bulldogs-Noad,Roosters-Packer. Our merged, new and improved club is four years old and we have no one in our corner pushing our case in the media or business arena. We were lucky to get a little known soft drink company to sponsor us. When the Roosters eventually sign Benji Marshall to sure up their depth in premier league I will walk away from the game all together and buy my kid a Swans jersey ](*,)

No point trying to fight it LL.

Its in the blood.

I too have followed Wests since 69/70

My son (7) chose his own team......happened to be the same way I chose mine.

We lived at Maroubra, heart of Souths territory, he first played footy for Souths Jnrs....for a team that wore that famous red n green strip. He started to take an interest in footy when they were re-admitted to the comp. (He now plays in Balmain WT's Jnrs...nature has a way of sorting things out properly..LOL :lol: )

They are/were my second fav team....so I cant argue with his choice...plus they remind me of Wests, WT's too much, battlers that get no favours, working class, no frills....but proud. I can relate to that team and their supporters.

I cant relate to those wankers from Edgcliffe that suddenly saw the Roosters become successful in the last 5 or so years, and say to their kid, "hey they're winning now...lets go follow them".

LL....you would know how sweet those rare victories are, do you want your kid to miss those?

Nothing wrong with supporting the underdog.....makes you stronger, character wise, IMO.

Suzie

Juniors
tigershaz said:
thanks guys!

I don't know what to say!!

I will try and last a bit longer.... :( because Suzie is a good friend!!

And Cadburys...for someone who hasn't met me, you know me pretty well :)
See, I knew you couldn't walk away! *HUGS* (and ditto on the good friend :D )

tigershaz

Juniors
Lidcombe Ledgends said:
When the Roosters eventually sign Benji Marshall to sure up their depth in premier league I will walk away from the game all together and buy my kid a Swans jersey ](*,)

I'm sure that will be the straw that breaks a lot ot Tiger's backs :(

Latest posts