What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

well well well

lockyno1

Post Whore
Hutty1986 said:
8th choice.. sh*t a brick!

Choices for QLD..

Thurston
Cronk
T.Smith
Fien
Bowen (yes as halfback)
Berrigan
Cameron Smith
PJ Marsh

All of those are better than FINCH!

Grantwhy

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Dead set agreed! f**k me dead- Kimmorley last remembered for "that pass" to Matty Bowen and Finch remembered for um...being CRAP! Jeez what a great situation. Tough decision!:lol:
I saw a replay of that intercept the other night. Bowen was still standing in the Qld defensive line when the ball was leaving Kimmorley's hands. It's just that he was quick enough to run forward to get it :).

Meanie

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Choices for QLD..

Thurston
Cronk
T.Smith
Fien
Bowen (yes as halfback)
Berrigan
Cameron Smith
PJ Marsh

All of those are better than FINCH!

*ahem* Scott Prince?? I'd even take Hunt at halfback over Finch.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Grantwhy said:
I saw a replay of that intercept the other night. Bowen was still standing in the Qld defensive line when the ball was leaving Kimmorley's hands. It's just that he was quick enough to run forward to get it :).

Or it was a crap pass- I'll take that option thanks! :lol:

icewind

Juniors
not bad.

thurston
prince
cronk
Hunt
McGuire
bowen
Berrigan
cam smith
fien
marsh
tim smith (cos of crap form)
Nathan Friend
Justin Smith
Michael Witt
Ben Walker

Misty Bee

First Grade
Ricky Stuart, what has thy done?

6 weeks ago, you were flaunting the name SOWARD in front of Finch like he was your new root. I recall Sowards being dropped, and Stuart's comment "I have no doubt that Jamie Soward is the future of halfback at the Roosters"...

BTW, what's wrong with Cooper Cronk?

icewind

Juniors
realistically, 3rd choice halfback. gower first choice, orford second, finch third. (barrett & johns don't count: retired leave em alone)

Gower
Oford
Finch
Kimmorley (don't ya just love selectors)
Head
Hornby
sherwin
Dykes (one of those marked prolly never to play origin)
Sutton

super_coach

First Grade
The dynamic duo from the chooks,Finch and Anasta, are about to bring their red hot form to State of O no1
The pair who on the back of outstanding form,left the selectors with no other choice than to pencil their name in for the big one. In 2006 they have set the bar,for the others to follow.
The NRL is in great shape when we have so many quality 1/2 to choice from,Joe Williams must have been a bit stiff to miss out,when you consider what a great last five minutes he played and the game of the century last week against the chooks.
Credit must be given to chief selector Nick Politis,for making such brave decisions,but as he said you cant ignore form and the chooks halves have been the force behind their barnstorming rise up the ladder. I think the mesage Nick has sent out their is,form form and form thats all we are looking at.Also if you play for the dazzling chooks,your chances improve 100%

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
I probably would have looked at preston campbell for nsw halfback, but then again its understandable that he hasn't been chosen, he never has been on the selectors radars. Craig wing would be my starting halfback out of the nsw side.

There will be a lot of humble pie eaten tomorrow I hope. Support the Blues and whoever plays deserves to be given all the encouragement we can. You lot sound a bit like queenslanders, always wingeing.

choc_soldier

Coach
I would have thought that even Preston Campbell was more worthy than Finch.

Admittedly, Presto's form hasn't been that flash this year, but he plays all right at number 7.