What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wenty want to punt legend Kenny

EelDredd

Juniors
DANIEL ANDERSON is not the only coach facing the axe at Parramatta. Brett Kenny is in serious danger of being ousted, with club officials wanting him gone after he lost the dressing room. Kenny is the coach of Eels feeder club Wentworthville Magpies, now sitting in seventh spot on the NSW Cup ladder. The Last Word has learned that Wentworthville officials have penned a letter to their Eels counterparts requesting a meeting to discuss the coaching situation for 2011. Although Kenny wasn't specifically named in the letter, it's understood they want Kenny punted at the end of the season. ''There is unhappiness among the Parramatta players,'' an insider said. ''A lot of the [first-grade] players who have come back to Wenty have enjoyed the experience, but things aren't as kosher as they used to be.'' The request puts Spagnolo in a difficult situation, as the Wentworthville coach is appointed by the Parramatta football club rather than the Magpies. Kenny backed Spagnolo's 3P ticket, which ended Denis Fitzgerald's three-decade reign as Eels CEO. Legendary five-eighth Kenny has ambitions to coach the Eels first-grade side one day. He recently told us he'd like to replace Andrew Johns as a consultant halves coach. ''That would certainly interest me,'' Kenny said. ''I've got a lot of admiration for [halves Daniel Mortimer and Kris Keating], the way they play the game. I enjoy passing on some tips and helping them out.'' However, there's little chance of that happening following the latest developments. Kenny previously coached Penrith's Jersey Flegg team to a premiership.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/wenty-want-to-punt-legend-kenny-20100814-12406.html

Fui!!!

Juniors
Yep, those "legends" are what we need.

Ray Price and Brett Kenny to Coach Parra in 2011 :roll:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Wenty are going like busted but Lasalo,Wright,Oake and Mitchell have all stepped up for Parra when needed and more than did their jobs. Looks like Kenny is in worse trouble than Ando.

boxhead

First Grade
Maybe he should be like a full-time assistant coach for our halves next year. That way he's involved, he's happy, and he is helping our team out. Also, paves the way for those BS rumours if Sterlo wants to come and coach.

Maybe he should be like a full-time assistant coach for our halves next year. That way he's involved, he's happy, and he is helping our team out. Also, paves the way for those BS rumours if Sterlo wants to come and coach.
good idea lets put him right behind ando so when the knives come out he can stick it right between the shoulderblades

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I spoke to Bert early last year around election time, and we were talking about how the team was going wrong and how we needed to change the halves (this is just before Mateo and Keating got injured I believe). I was pushing for Kris Keating and Albert Kelly to be the halves and push Mateo into the forwards. He said he thought that Jeff Robson and Daniel Mortimer should be promoted.

Bert didn't come across as having the most intelligent Rugby League mind, but much like his playing days, his instincts are pretty damn good. But not 1st grade coaching material no.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
does losing 'the dressing room' imply losing the players? Like, losing their respect?

barney gumble

Juniors
Bert did win a title with the panther's Toyata Cup side. But put into perspective that team had the likes of Lachlin Coote and Wade Graham and a few others who primed and pretty much already ready made to be NRL superstars.

The Wenty job is a lot tougher. The better younger players prefer to play Toyota Cup (who are really struggling) the best players are being called up to the NRL team. Hard to maintain consistancy.

Not sure whether Bert would be up to an NRL coaching gig.

Captain BF

Juniors
Does anyone remember what the website address was for 3P? For some reason, i can't seem to find their website anymore....

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
NSW Cup would be a terrible gig, as Barney stated.

Even Rip, who we all love and respect, is struggling a bit with that team this year. You need a good run of injuries and Rep Footy in the Top Grade to allow for consistancy and partnerships in your grade. Newcastle have had a shocking year!

In all fairness, Bert has had Jono, Oake, Humble, and now Ant Mitchell in and out of his grade all year, and has copped a lot of unlucky injuries in his own team.

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT - if that is true, and he has lost the respect of the Dressing Room and Wenty coaching staff and management, then it's time to move on IMO.

The above is a perfect example of time to shop around for other coaches. Ando's situation on the other hand is not!!

strider

Post Whore
in all honesty - who cares what the dressing room thinks ..... its just a few walls and a roof ffs :?

Latest posts