What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

we're cooked

Packy

Bench
That was the most disinterested team i have seen in years. with a few exceptions.. there was so little effort.

We're missing players but we cant use that as an excuse. Our players aee just assuming that someone else will do the work for them. i dunno if we are over trained but there is no crispness to any plays and our timibg is way off as well as many of out players looking gassed 10 mins in.

Des will continue to defend Williams but he isnt doing the job required atm. Bench him.

The only good news is that our young guys are going ok and not to blame.

Bulldog Benny

Juniors
That was the most disinterested team i have seen in years. with a few exceptions.. there was so little effort.

We're missing players but we cant use that as an excuse. Our players aee just assuming that someone else will do the work for them. i dunno if we are over trained but there is no crispness to any plays and our timibg is way off as well as many of out players looking gassed 10 mins in.

Des will continue to defend Williams but he isnt doing the job required atm. Bench him.

The only good news is that our young guys are going ok and not to blame.

I was at the game last night and agree with what your saying.

Hopefully eastwoods back next week because williams deserves to be given a huge rocket and benched. With franky getting a couple of games under his belt he should be starting now.

I think we ran the second man play to barba atleast a dozen times last night and it didnt work once. Need to put that away for a while and try something diff.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I was bitterly disappointed with the first half overall.

The second half wasn't too bad, the big worry was attack. Ended up 6-2 up in the final forty, no tries conceded second half.

TALENted

Juniors

The second half wasn't too bad, the big worry was attack. Ended up 6-2 up in the final forty, no tries conceded second half.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 42

Bulldog Force

Referee
Well it's hard to see us bouncing back with injuries and suspensions all over the place. Not a top 4 team to answer that question. We'll be lucky to make the top 8.

ns7

Juniors

Don't take any pleasure out of that stat. Manly went home at half time and had a nap.

Timmah

Staff member
I thought we defended pretty well in the second half, particularly in the face of some bloody ordinary refereeing.

Ultimately we need a kick up the arse. Prior to this game, we'd been competitive every week. To see that lack of spirit in the first half was concerning.

Hopefully the Roosters match is an opportunity to set things right.

There's heaps of games left.
And you have been missing a lot of players.

So I wouldn't panic yet.

If you lose to roosters and sharks ( you will beat sharks )
Then panic

stevesonthebay

Juniors
i thought up until Friday we have put in a gutsy effort considering the roster we have. we have come close in most games and almost won a couple. we have taken wrong options and made some basic mistakes that have put ourselves under pressure. Friday was just the culmination of weeks of playing under pressure with players out. we have also played 4 of the top 5 teams from last year at the same time and the roosters are tipped to do well this year. so our draw has been a horror when our troops have been down. any team would find it hard.
we can only go up from here and as we get back players and the draw gets easier we will play our way out of this slump. we are capable of beating any team and we will give it a shot. our draw gets better after roosters we play sharks then a few middle of the road teams and that's when we get back players. though the way we are playing at the moment we couldn't beat many. then on queens birthday w/e we go back to play storm , cowboys and manly. then that's it the run home is pretty good opposite of the start of the season. in the last 8 rounds we only play souths the rest are penriths, tigers, parra, saints, warriors, sharks. i know we have to play good regardless of draw and i think we have done pretty good but some fans are starting to panic. i don't think there is much more we can do at the moment apart from what hasler has said to do the basic well and stick to a game plan.

Last edited:

Yoda

Juniors
i thought up until Friday we have put in a gutsy effort considering the roster we have. we have come close in most games and almost won a couple. we have taken wrong options and made some basic mistakes that have put ourselves under pressure. Friday was just the culmination of weeks of playing under pressure with players out. we have also played 4 of the top 5 teams from last year at the same time and the roosters are tipped to do well this year. so our draw has been a horror when our troops have been down. any team would find it hard.
we can only go up from here and as we get back players and the draw gets easier we will play our way out of this slump. we are capable of beating any team and we will give it a shot. our draw gets better after roosters we play sharks then a few middle of the road teams and that's when we get back players. though the way we are playing at the moment we couldn't beat many. then on queens birthday w/e we go back to play storm , cowboys and manly. then that's it the run home is pretty good opposite of the start of the season. in the last 8 rounds we only play souths the rest are penriths, tigers, parra, saints, warriors, sharks. i know we have to play good regardless of draw and i think we have done pretty good but some fans are starting to panic. i don't think there is much more we can do at the moment apart from what hasler has said to do the basic well and stick to a game plan.

All of which are above us on the ladder.....

hardbaby

Coach
Get excited Doggies supporters. Your boys are just starting to warm up. Props back. Barba is building. Inu back in a couple of weeks. Williams showing signs. I think you'll enjoy the rest of the year.

Timmah

Staff member
If we pick up W's the next two weeks, we're 5-5 after ten rounds.

We won the minor premiership from that position last year. Not impossible...

Yoda

Juniors
If we pick up W's the next two weeks, we're 5-5 after ten rounds.

We won the minor premiership from that position last year. Not impossible...

I can see a long winning streak starting in June.

Abz

Juniors
No one seems to have mentioned that we played the top 4 teams in 4 consecutive weeks, and are yet to full our strongest 17.

Packy

Bench
It wasn't that we were losing. Besides the Storm game we just didn't turn up.

Abz

Juniors
It wasn't that we were losing. Besides the Storm game we just didn't turn up.
We gave Souths a fair run. Also didn't we wint he second half against Manly 6-2 or something like that?

Latest posts