What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We're not respected

SaintPeter

Juniors
Agree with you guys but just to add more food for thought etc.

Yesterday it showed that we need a leader/captain out there who is committed, respected and leading by example.
Cameron Smith would have been up our guys for the rent yesterday but you see and hear very little from our guy.
Why, when the Hail Mary pass was thrown - three meters forward, and in about the fifteenth minute (were we that desperate, then, really ??) he laughs ??? I was fkn pissed off.

Not nearly enough from him most weeks.

Gomarchin

Juniors
Packer has been very quiet for two weeks. Teams (with smart coaches), have worked out that he is the leader of our pack. Shut him down and you go a long way to limiting the go forward and "power play" McJetski proclaims we build our game around.

A smart coach would work out a Plan B, C and D. Not McJetski. All you need is to "work hard at training." and hope that Plan A works the following week.

possm

Coach
Packer signing with the Tigers is a good thing he has looked disinterested since he has and has no right to be in first grade.

McInnes needs a spell in the game and they should be carrying a guy who can slot into 9 alas Havili is injured and Mary would use Marketo.

Sims offers little and is average at best.

Ah Mau has been playing well he does the simple things and thats what you need from him.

Thompson is one dimensional another who should never have been kept.

Host and Sele should be kept in first grade for the remainder of the year as they certainly will need them more so next year with the club not looking to recruit anyone of note.

2018 imo won't be any better.
No big deal! We always knew the power would run out of our 'power plan'. Now is just a matter of using option B. What no option B!
Mess

possm

Coach
Packer has been very quiet for two weeks. Teams (with smart coaches), have worked out that he is the leader of our pack. Shut him down and you go a long way to limiting the go forward and "power play" McJetski proclaims we build our game around.

A smart coach would work out a Plan B, C and D. Not McJetski. All you need is to "work hard at training." and hope that Plan A works the following week.
Not to worry! Plan A worked according to some - Mary has his two year extension.

Last edited:

FlameThrower

Bench
The team has faltered badly and I think some of it was players believing we just need to turn up to win.
The 2 back to back losses are a wake up call to the team ..

Gareth67

First Grade
I watched part of the 2 nd half yesterday and the first question that came to me was - where are the bulldozing runs of our forwards , in fact where are the metre-eaters ?
I saw Host and Sele taking the ball up and Mann as another forward , by that I mean 2 runs from 3 tackles and straight into the Eel's forward pack who manhandled the poor sod - where were the forwards ?

The team was so disjointed , no cohesion whatsoever and then Lafai attempting passes that were simply not on - absolute crazy - he didn't seem to place any value on possession whatsoever . These blokes are supposedly 1st grade players , as such they should have enough experience to realise how to get the job done - as other teams do on a weekly basis . There are no days off in the NRL , you play to the best of your ability each week and every week that you represent your club , if you cannot do so , you don't belong in 1 st grade . This is what the Dragons must realise now , to get their season back on track .

The team needs to sit down this week and thrash out amongst themselves exactly what the faults are , rectify them and get back to business of attempting to win a semi-final berth .
The other candidates are now lining up and have already step up a gear , where as we have gone down to first gear . The ability is in the team to make the 8 , however it's no point if we are only making up the numbers .

Last edited:

WardyRedV

Juniors

You can't win games if your forwards don't lay the platform. There is no plan B, C or D if the forwards get rolled.. look at packs of the last 5 premiership winners, they don't get rolled. Packer isn't being shut down he's being a lazy bastard. Seems everyone else is running hard and all our backs made well over 100 metres which would have handicapped them. The problem is McCrone and our lack of game management. We also, for some reason, have gone back into structured play. We don't have the cattle to play to these structures as we don't have speed or elusiveness. I had no qualms defending McGregor when we were top of the table but something has to give soon. He can't let this season slip away.

possm

Coach
You can't win games if your forwards don't lay the platform. There is no plan B, C or D if the forwards get rolled.. look at packs of the last 5 premiership winners, they don't get rolled. Packer isn't being shut down he's being a lazy bastard. Seems everyone else is running hard and all our backs made well over 100 metres which would have handicapped them. The problem is McCrone and our lack of game management. We also, for some reason, have gone back into structured play. We don't have the cattle to play to these structures as we don't have speed or elusiveness. I had no qualms defending McGregor when we were top of the table but something has to give soon. He can't let this season slip away.
The real problem is that Millward and Mary are part of the old boys club and they just aren't up to the job. Both not qualified for the job and both don't have a great track record. Both are just proxies for two competing factions.

Ben_Kusto_magic

Juniors
Respect ?
It's a contact sport FFS.
I want to see our forwards dominate and our backs too fast.
We need to be feared not respected.
FFS it footy not childcare.
I'm not corey parker so I couldn't care less about respect. I hope we are hated and feared. We get the piss taken from us now which is quite sad really.
I dream of the day when our pack is feared once again!
Agree with you guys but just to add more food for thought etc.

Yesterday it showed that we need a leader/captain out there who is committed, respected and leading by example.
Cameron Smith would have been up our guys for the rent yesterday but you see and hear very little from our guy.
Why, when the Hail Mary pass was thrown - three meters forward, and in about the fifteenth minute (were we that desperate, then, really ??) he laughs ??? I was fkn pissed off.

Not nearly enough from him most weeks.
I saw that too. Was a horrible pass and even worse reaction!