What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Indies RL Article In Sunday Tele

Jeffles

Bench
Just a small piece. Starts out with a joke about their crikcters swapping pads for footballs (or something).

My point is that a lot of new RL organisations have started up in the past year (Holland, Greece, Singapore, etc). They get championed about on the various web message boards and in RL press. But if they want to be taken seriously they need to crack the mainstream press.

It probably only got in because of the potential "cricket humour" and it may hve been a slow news day. But it is a good thing that it got in there. Credit to the WIRLF. Other fledgling RL bodies should be trying the same. Aim higher than the RL publications.

In-goal

Bench
I almost choked whilst eating my breakfast sausage when i glnaced to the bottom corner, hopefuly this is the bigging of a real positive media drive for our sport.

ali

Bench
I'm starting to get a lot of time for Adam Hawse. He traditionally hasn't been as positive as say Steve Mascord, but he doesn't tend to come up with trash journilism against the game that is giving him his chance.

Give him time as he gains more power, and we may have another Mascord.

Moffo

Referee
Anyone found out more about this though? Positive signs, but ive never ever heard of anything about a West Indies Rugby League being set up in the past

???? Who is Hawse talking to?

Moffo

yakstorm

First Grade
What would you like to know more about it? The West Indies Rugby League Federation (WIRLF) is still in formation stage at the moment, but by next year will be the governing body for the West Indies and Caribbean region.

The body will promote both the game on the domestic front (surprisingly alot of support) as well form a representative team made up primarily of ex-pats first off.

Expect to hear alot more over the next few months, especially when the website is launched.

As for how Hawse found out about it, the Telegraph is on the WIRLF Press Release list :)