What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Tigers club news

Tigerm

First Grade

They might have collected back-to-back wooden spoons but the Wests Tigers are still driving a hard bargain when it comes to discipline and standards.

Like most clubs, the Tigers have a punishment policy if players are late to training of fail to adhere to team standards.

It doesn’t matter if you’re a development player or one of the most senior members of the squad the rules are the rules.

Which brings us to Wests Tigers captain Api Koroisau and his recently-peroxided hair do.

The Wests Tigers captain might have been the club’s most consistent player for the past 12 months but that didn’t stop the creative dummy-half being forced to spin the club’s punishment wheel for being under a minute late to a team meeting.

“Yeah, I was 30 seconds late to a team meeting so I had to spin the wheel and it came up I had to dye my hair,” Koroisau told us.

“It’s kind of grown on me now so I’m actually thinking of going around again with another round of peroxide.

“It’s all good. I understand the team has a set of standards and if you’re late then you’re late.

“I won’t be late again but like I said the look has actually grown on me quite a bit.”

If anyone can get away with the peroxide rinse, it’s Api.

The champion no.9 will captain the Wests Tigers again this season with the club hopeful Koroisau’s guile and craft out of dummy-half can help them shake a third-straight wooden spoon.

Koroisau is excited about the generation next local junior talent emerging at the club including debutant five-eighth Lachlan Galvin and young gun hooker Tallyn Da Silva.

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT
Former Central Coast Mariners CEO Shaun Mielekamp has been appointed as the Club’s General Manager of Community, Foundation & Affiliates.
—————
Long title

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT
Former Central Coast Mariners CEO Shaun Mielekamp has been appointed as the Club’s General Manager of Community, Foundation & Affiliates.
—————
Long title
NBWT
“We are in the final stages of preparing a new strategy document for the club which includes a sizeable uplift in community engagement, and Shaun will be driving that”
- Shane Richardson
—————-
The reason for the above.

Would have preferred to get the footy side right first, then this probably looks after itself.

NBWT
“We are in the final stages of preparing a new strategy document for the club which includes a sizeable uplift in community engagement, and Shaun will be driving that”
- Shane Richardson
—————-
The reason for the above.

Would have preferred to get the footy side right first, then this probably looks after itself.
Hopefully this bloke lives, or will spend almost all his time in the Campbelltown area, rather than the Balmain / Ryde / Eastwood area. That job title scares the shit out of me. What happened to the days of a job title that actually reflects the work you do. Community Liaison Officer / Sponsorship Manager, is what the bloke is. It won't be long until they have a diversity and inclusion officer, if they don't already.

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT
Some stats of interest
Before tonight, WT had only scored more than 24 points in 1 of their last 30 games (66-18 vs Cowboys)

Most recent games with WT keeping teams to less than 10 points:

• Tonight vs Sharks (32-6 W)
• Rd 9 2023 vs Penrith (12-8 W)
• Rd 4 2022 vs Titans (6-8 L)
• Rd 13 2021 vs Penrith (26-6 W)

Nutz

Bench
What goes in the Random Tigers Articles In The Media and this thread. There might be some duplicate posts.
I guess this one is from the club's website and the random one being from all other sources.

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT
Shane Richardson has said all recruitment targets and discussions will be kept between the recruitment committee. Discussions with players will be based on confidentiality - “if it’s announced in the paper that we are chasing you, we will call it off”
———————-
BOOM.

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT
Shane Richardson on The Bye Round pod…

The WT board will be:
1 x Balmain
1 x Wests
1 x Holman Barnes
4 x Independent (inc Barry)

“So you’ll have a board that’s truly independent, not a board that’s worried about the colour of the socks”

Tigerm

First Grade

Pressure on to fund $33m stadium fix​

Upgrade everything except the visitors shed hahaha
I don’t think it happens to other clubs.
We’ve just finally had a good win and all they want to talk about is how bad LO is and the fact there were blokes on the hill being blokes. I reckon, it was rowdy everywhere in the ground on the night.:(

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT
Lachlan Galvin and WT have taken the early guilty plea, meaning he will miss the next 2 games.

Unfortunate for him and the team, but now the ball back in Bud’s court to step up, with the form of Galvin and Sezer and the return of Latu Fainu.

Tigerm

First Grade
Looking at the kids coming through:
Bula-22yo
Galvin-18
L Fainu-18
Pole-21
Laulilii-19
Si Fainu-22
Sa Fainu-20
TDS-18
Lobb-22

Cut off was 22
Obviously more on the books and some above to yet show it they will make it, but it's looking very good, if they can keep them together for the next 5 years or so?

Ned Kelly

Juniors
NSW CUP

Brent Naden
was arguably the Magpies’ most important player in their comeback win over the Eels. Naden played 29 minutes off the bench last week in his return from a shoulder injury and then started at fullback on Easter Monday.

With his side down by four points, the 28-year-old kicked a 40/20 in the 72nd minute to kickstart the comeback and not long after put in a grubber to get a repeat set — which the Magpies scored the match-levelling try in. Naden then set up the final try with a cross-field kick. He finished with try assists, a linebreak assist, three tackle busts and 134 running metres.

“I’m feeling pretty pumped,” Naden told Fox League post-game.

“The body is feeling good, I put the work in the off-season in rehab. My shoulder is coming along well, my ankle is good and my wrist is too.

“I got through this so hopefully will be selected for next week.

“It’s my first game of 80 minutes so I might have to put a couple more together before we start talking about NRL.”

And when asked about that 40/20 he said: “I thought it was going out on the full... I just put my head down and kicked it as hard as I could. I didn’t mean to go for a 40/20, it just came off!”

Brent Naden was instrumental in the Magpies' first win of the season. Credit: Shot of Guac Photography.
Brent Naden was instrumental in the Magpies' first win of the season. Credit: Shot of Guac Photography.Source: Supplied

Naden, who has 63 games worth of NRL experience under his belt, was up against 21-year-old Ethyn Martin who was a late addition at fullback for the Eels in what was his NSW Cup debut. Martyn has spent a big chunk of his life in rugby union but returned to league last year to score 13 tries in 10 Jersey Flegg games.

With Brendan Hands promoted to NRL, Daejarn Asi shifted to five-eighth to open up a spot for Martin, who had some nice touches. He finished with a try assist, a linebreak, a linebreak assist, six tackle busts and 144 running metres.

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT tweeted
Snippets from the Strat Plan.
As part of the Strategic Plan, WT have opened a Campbelltown office, which will see members of the Club’s Community, Corporate and Pathways team based there moving forward.

Much of the focus is surrounded by more presence in the South West region. John Skandalis, Shannon Gallant and Shaun Mielekamp will be based at a new office at 26 Blaxland Rd, Campbelltown.

They also want to more than double school visits by 2025
to 300.

They’re aiming for 13,000 paid members in 2025.

For many years, this club hasn’t truly given the time nor consistent effort for the need to focus in on the South West corridor, to grow our opportunities’

We intend to, by acting quickly, strategise this plan around the growth of the South West without affecting our inner-city roots’

Last edited:
NBWT tweeted
Snippets from the Strat Plan.
As part of the Strategic Plan, WT have opened a Campbelltown office, which will see members of the Club’s Community, Corporate and Pathways team based there moving forward.

Much of the focus is surrounded by more presence in the South West region. John Skandalis, Shannon Gallant and Shaun Mielekamp will be based at a new office at 26 Blaxland Rd, Campbelltown.

They also want to more than double school visits by 2025
to 300.

They’re aiming for 13,000 paid members in 2025.

For many years, this club hasn’t truly given the time nor consistent effort for the need to focus in on the South West corridor, to grow our opportunities’

We intend to, by acting quickly, strategise this plan around the growth of the South West without affecting our inner-city roots’
Long overdue and a great move.

Tigerm

First Grade
IMG_0724.jpeg
NBWT tweeted
“We need to create more kids coming into the NRL”

“We’re going to spend a lot on our young kids and develop them right”

Latest posts