What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Tigers club news

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Whilst it's (hopefully) never going come to fruition, the fact a board member is publicly saying such absolute drivel and disharmony is alarming! He must be removed at once. I am so sick of the dinosaurs and inept fools who have run this joint over the years. Deadset, anyone here could do better.

Nutz

Bench
Fair enough Nutz. I can’t see them going through with it. Surely all the Balmain side aren’t going to follow Leo and his game or Russian roulette?

I’d welcome you to the fold at Saints mate.
I know Red, you guys have been very accommodating in the past.
I also believe that some of the reporting may have been misconstrued taken out of context or at least beefed up.
I mean to say, we can't believe every word that's been reported as being fact or accurate.
I too believe in what you say about the Russian roulette angle.
There's no doubt there are rumblings from Balmain Gary Leo and former premier and Interim Chairman Barry O'Farrell about the integrity of Western Suburbs old and new board and major controller of WT finance, Holman Barnes Group.
I agree that it's a bit of a threat maybe, just maybe to force WT hierarchy to be more honest and open eg make the results of the enquiry more transparent and actioned!
If this is all that transpires then that is a good thing. AND I'll be able to sleep.

RedVee

First Grade
I know Red, you guys have been very accommodating in the past.
I also believe that some of the reporting may have been misconstrued taken out of context or at least beefed up.
I mean to say, we can't believe every word that's been reported as being fact or accurate.
I too believe in what you say about the Russian roulette angle.
There's no doubt there are rumblings from Balmain Gary Leo and former premier and Interim Chairman Barry O'Farrell about the integrity of Western Suburbs old and new board and major controller of WT finance, Holman Barnes Group.
I agree that it's a bit of a threat maybe, just maybe to force WT hierarchy to be more honest and open eg make the results of the enquiry more transparent and actioned!
If this is all that transpires then that is a good thing. AND I'll be able to sleep.
Hope so mate

MugaB

Coach
Thank christ you guys have the bye this week..
This news is pretty annoying on an off season, imagine during the season...
Hopefully Dragons smash the pawwatards on sat,
Then you guys can sail home a win next game, to get the eels a nice wooden spoon for their troubles

Nutz

Bench
In the short term, I hope this latest media frenzy won't deter players from signing with us.
I have a strong gut feeling that the forgotten important piece of the puzzle is Shane Richardson.
He has a great track record of not being bullied. I hope he keeps the Wests Tigers boat steady and it's name unchaged...and the club moving forward.
He said that the club needs players who want to engage in the crocodile roll, players who fight to the death for the club.
We don't want the Johnny Bateman's, the Joey Leilua or the Ryan Mattersons. We want the Seyfarths and the Api Koroisau's in our club.

If this latest crap prevents this from happening I'll be sticking pins in the voodoo dolls arses of those responsible.

Last edited:

Tigerm

Coach
In the short term, I hope this latest media frenzy won't deter players from signing with us.
I have a strong gut feeling that the forgotten important piece of the puzzle is Shane Richardson.
He has a great track record of not being bullied. I hope he keeps the Wests Tigers boat steady and it's name unchaged...and club moving forward.
He said that the club needs players who want to engage in the crocodile roll, players who fight to the death for the club.
We don't want the Johnny Bateman's, the Joey Leilua or the Ryan Mattersons. We want the Seyfarths and the Api Koroisau's in our club.

If this latest crap prevents this from happening I'll be sticking pins in the voodoo dolls arses of those responsible.
I think a lot of clubs have board issues, especially the ones who are not winning.
It shouldn’t affect the team footy club and signings imo.
Winning changes everything.

Nutz

Bench
No, his deal is done. He is one of the 29, RCG will make 30.
After that we have to hope some will leave early to open a space for another signing.
Val will add flair, experience to the side without the threat of doing dumb things.
Saints walk that tightrope of doing things spectacularly but then have brain farts. No better example than of Tyrell Sloan. Imagine if you had RCG and Holmes playing for Saints all this year...wow.
The noise is getting louder for us getting Hunt but in your case it might be a good thing to shore up these new guys contracts.

Nutz

Bench
I think a lot of clubs have board issues, especially the ones who are not winning.
It shouldn’t affect the team footy club and signings imo.
Winning changes everything.
Yes and no. Too much noise has made us look like a basket case. It's a concern that managers have that can influence their clients careers. For example I think Api should have been NSW rake. It has a rolling effect.
I reckon we missed out on a few signing because of our last board's ineptitude. Munster, Mitchell (thank God that didn't eventuate) in fact we've been linked with about every player signing for years now.
I agree fully that winning helps. It's a double edged sword.

Nutz

Bench
Does anyone get the shitesters with autocorrelation on their phone.
I left autocorrelation there on purpose as it should have been auto correct.
Anyway, if you have problems, especially with a new phone and you want to keep auto spell enabled you should be able to hold down on the suggested words and delete them if they are rubbish. You also can select 'add' to to word to typed if you want to put it in the dictionary for next time. Or you can just use the suggested words. By deleting suggestions or adding your new word, eventually your word database will be an asset. Not arsett

Nutz

Bench
Fair enough Nutz. I can’t see them going through with it. Surely all the Balmain side aren’t going to follow Leo and his game of Russian roulette?

I’d welcome you to the fold at Saints mate.
I've chatted with you a lot in the Saint's forum and I value you opinions.
Your obviously welcome here too Red.

Nutz

Bench
Balmain response
Thanks macca.
Sounds like my earlier post about journos and this matter was correct.
I must say though, where there's smoke there's fire. Meaning Leo probably did say all those things but he hasn't got the support of the club as a whole.
Seriously, if Balmain wanted out they would first make sure someone like Harry and a certain Wiggles member were going to finance the breakaway venture and also had private discussion with the NRL Heads of Sheds....plus a ton of other considerations.

Das Hassler

Bench
Thanks macca.
Sounds like my earlier post about journos and this matter was correct.
I must say though, where there's smoke there's fire. Meaning Leo probably did say all those things but he hasn't got the support of the club as a whole.
Seriously, if Balmain wanted out they would first make sure someone like Harry and a certain Wiggles member were going to finance the breakaway venture and also had private discussion with the NRL Heads of Sheds....plus a ton of other considerations.

I watched a 24 year old Gary Leo and Barry Mctaggart hold their own against Johnny Sattler and John O'Neil fir the '69 premiership...he's diehard Balmain and will be 80 next year....as much as his opinion might count he cannot hold any influence over the future of the new and young club Wests Tigers...same goes for the other old guys....as Bob Dylan put it to the older generation near 60 years ago..."then get out of the way if ya can't lend your hand...the times they are a cha gin'!"

Latest posts