What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Tigers club news

Nutz

Bench
Wests Tigers Head of Football, Matthew Betsey Episode 65 BTR

This gives a bit of an insight into the club's direction and the development of players in our Pathways System.
We can't expect too much from our youth this year. Whilst their inclusion into the NRL was a good learning curve it should be treated as such and not as an indicator of their prowess...players like Luke now need to go back and play Fegg for 80min a game and develop their skills. The fact that we signed Skelton is an indicator of this.
1726037289985.png
Luke Laulilii: NRL debut just 10 days after his 18th birthday

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Wests Tigers Head of Football, Matthew Betsey Episode 65 BTR

This gives a bit of an insight into the club's direction, development of players and additions to the squad.
We can't expect too much from our youth this year. Whilst their inclusion into the NRL was a good learning curve it should be treated as such and not as an indicator of their prowess...players like Luke now need to go back and play in a man's comp, JFegg, play 80min a game and develop his skills. The fact that we signed Skelton is an indicator of this.
View attachment 93932
Luke Laulilii: NRL debut just 10 days after his 18th birthday

Chris I know you follow us on WT LU Forum so can I request you find a way to get to the point quicker in the BTR podcasts.
In the last episode it was nearly 6min before you started talking about what we really wanted to hear.
The BTR has been a must listen for us supporters. Well done you guys. See you next season.
Cheers mate :)

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Richo published a congrats on the WT Website but also had a dig at unloyal players. I thought this was unusual and I felt we were going back to our former admin ways. I mean it's the sort of statement that Pascoe would make.
Part of it reads.....
“Luke spent more than a decade as a Wests Tigers player, so he will always be a part of this family.
He showed loyalty when many didn’t.”
Brooks has gone, we've given him the BBQ, bye bye. Thoughts?

Tiger Ted

Bench
Richo published a congrats on the WT Website but also had a dig at unloyal players. I thought this was unusual and I felt we were going back to our former admin ways. I mean it's the sort of statement that Pascoe would make.
Part of it reads.....
“Luke spent more than a decade as a Wests Tigers player, so he will always be a part of this family.
Total BS.Im starting to lose faith in Richo as this has nothing to do with showing loyalty.Unlike Moses the turd & Shazza nobody else wanted the lemon & his manager Isaac was easily able to swindle the imbeciles Pascoe & co into retaining the bum on top $.

The lemon was paid handsomely for 11 yrs giving us Fk all in return hence y the need to acknowledge him when playing for another club.Richo uve dropped the ball big time on this one & u have bigger fish to fry so get to it.

Tigerm

Coach
Total BS.Im starting to lose faith in Richo as this has nothing to do with showing loyalty.Unlike Moses the turd & Shazza nobody else wanted the lemon & his manager Isaac was easily able to swindle the imbeciles Pascoe & co into retaining the bum on top $.

The lemon was paid handsomely for 11 yrs giving us Fk all in return hence y the need to acknowledge him when playing for another club.Richo uve dropped the ball big time on this one & u have bigger fish to fry so get to it.
Agree, we showed (blind) loyalty where others wouldn’t have.

Nutz

Bench

Take away all the emotions and history of it all, my query was 'why'
It wasn't necessary.
The way it reads is it's the sentiment from all the club and it's supporters. I certainly didn't say it.
I'm one of the few that like Brooks but if I am the CEO I'd be sending him a personal note/email, not one from the entire WT family.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
On behalf of Wests Tigers fans I would like to congratulate James Tedesco, Mitchell Moses on their outstanding contribution to Rugby League. A special thanks to Aaron Woods for all he has given to so many clubs.

Part of it reads.....
It was idiotic posting anything. Pure stupidity.

He left the club and that's it. We shouldn't be posting anything at all. Maybe with the exception of when he retires, wishing him all the best. What we put up just highlights that he never played finals at the tigers, but did so straight away with another club. It makes it look like our incompetence is what held Brooks back, which is only partially true.

Nutz

Bench
But
I thought it was great and showed some class.
But Richo made the comment to sound like it came from us, the broader Wests Tigers Community.
You make that sort of statement when the player is leaving, which we did.
Having said that, as it was pointed out in an earlier post, Richo's sentiments can be done in his own personal media acounts, just like you and I can do.
Of course it's fitting to congratulate a former member from doing something great like winning the DalyM or becoming a Legend or Immortal but to raise comparisons to loyalty and to his failure with us is not.
Where do you draw the line. We'll the line gets drawn the moment he walks out the door to another club imo.

Im neutral on the post, despite thinking Brooksy underperformed for a long time

Richo is a bit cunning and he may have an ulterior motive for this gushing gibberish

Don’t forget that a few weeks ago Richo was publicly humiliating our pork chops in the grandstand laughing about the spoon bowl massacre.

Im glad we finally got rid of Brooksy, but I’m equally ok if he plays well in the finals.

Manly are written off, but not so fast I think. Incredibly fit side.

Last edited:

Latest posts