What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Tigers club news

They made the correct decision to discard the impostor now & not wait till mid next season.Richo should b doing the same with our clueless coach
Agree, but he won’t Ted because he tied his flag to his mast ages ago.

I think he should have distanced himself more than he did.

But when the time comes for Benji, it will be a board decision and Richo will be but a messenger.

Hopefully he has a much better 2025 with new troops. He will have to.

Now my main spy is encamped within a heart beat of the bulldogs deep state.

That is that he is friendly with some high brow bulldogs legends.

The common belief is that Gus is using the dogs, but I am told, it is in fact the other way around. And Gus has brought a lot of glittering talent to the dogs for well unders.

And it’s same source who warned Dean Pay not to drink from the poisoned chalice.

@Timmah may know more about the Gus double cross. It is quite interesting.

And to be fair, I have met Jason Taylor and he is a pretty decent guy despite a couple of mistakes in his past.

He knows his footy, I hope he makes a head coach comeback sonewhere.

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
Now my main spy is encamped within a heart beat of the bulldogs deep state.

That is that he is friendly with some high brow bulldogs legends.

The common belief is that Gus is using the dogs, but I am told, it is in fact the other way around. And Gus has brought a lot of glittering talent to the dogs for well unders.

And it’s same source who warned Dean Pay not to drink from the poisoned chalice.

@Timmah may know more about the Gus double cross. It is quite interesting.

And to be fair, I have met Jason Taylor and he is a pretty decent guy despite a couple of mistakes in his past.

He knows his footy, I hope he makes a head coach comeback sonewhere.
Can you o into more detail re Dean Pay and the Gus double cross

Can you o into more detail re Dean Pay and the Gus double cross
Well the story goes that Dean was cavorting the head coaching job for a long time as the Des era fell into disrepair.

He slowly built up his support and influence and was appointed.

He was warned that despite his ambition and deserved self belief, that the roster wasn’t where it needed to be for him to make the impact he sought.

But against the well meaning advice, he took his chances. A bit like Benji.

Things did get a bit out of hand, especially when players were caught sleeping with teacher and students on school visits and the ceo was shot in the head too.

No criticism of Dean who is a very popular figure.

As for Gould, let’s not think he left the Panthers without other plans and what isn’t well publicised is the amount of time and trouble the dogs went to in order to secure his services.

And to be sure, it’s been a good decision on their behalf. Apart from ciraldo, they’ve been more than busy trying to entice the best of the panther training personnel over the last few years.

The dogs got their Gus and with that, his connections and influence.

They’d certainly still want Leeds, Wallace and other smug luminaries.

The dogs have been big winners in the Gus displacement, not Gus.

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
And fyi my spies at the Bulldogs tell me Jason Taylor has kicked some coaching ass over there.

The sneaky rat ciraldo has had considerably less to do with their success this year.

Taylor is no man manager as his time at Souths and the Tigers shows. His inability to identify, attract and retain talent shows he's not cut out to be a head coach. He's a shrewd tactician no doubt, which makes him a great in his current role as assistant coach. If he's playing Michael Hagan to Ciraldo's Meninga and it's working, then that's great for the Dogs. Maybe Hodgo will provide a similar role here.

gordsy

Juniors
Taylor is no man manager as his time at Souths and the Tigers shows. His inability to identify, attract and retain talent shows he's not cut out to be a head coach. He's a shrewd tactician no doubt, which makes him a great in his current role as assistant coach. If he's playing Michael Hagan to Ciraldo's Meninga and it's working, then that's great for the Dogs. Maybe Hodgo will provide a similar role here.
Not like it could get worse, table wise...

The agent didn’t elaborate, merely attributing the rise of the dogs to JT’s prescience and it’s a belief shared amongst some of their heavyweights.

I remember he was writing in the papers about defence and it was an interesting read, so you might have something.

I’m disappointed with the Hodgson appointment, it’s yet to play out, but Prima facie another mate gets a gig.

And his ESL coaching credentials are extremely poor.

We should be bringing in proven current NRL assistant coaching talent.

Also as a player, he had a lot of natural flair and sometimes these gifted players expect too much from their charges.

Benji was a gifted player but it doesn’t always translate to being a good teacher.

And as a selling point to an assistant coach from a top 8 side, one would hazard a guess that Benji is a 50/50 chance of making it through the entirety of next season.

I just find it hard to believe and a bit depressing we only received 7 applicants out of hundreds of potential suitors.

This is an extremely poor outcome for a club in the top tier of rugby league on the planet.

We had 16 for Head Coach a only a few years ago.

And another 2005 appointment. Echoes of Tim and the matey recruitment program.

Id hoped that Richo and hb would have put their foot down and stopped this nonsense.

We spent a few years questioning the processes and protocols our club was operating under, and some of us thought if we addressed these properly we’d have better on field results.

All I wanted is a strictly merit approach to building the club up again, get the best people, old boys or not.

I don’t even care that we got the spoon again, it’s how we went about it and the increasing distance between the top clubs and us that worries me.

If we hadn’t won an extra couple of games this season and if Richo hadn’t blasted the crap at the spoon bowl hyenas I’d be almost done.

I guess I’d have to throw in JL as well. I hope we don’t kill his game. I don’t want him to end up like us fans and members.

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
And as a selling point to an assistant coach from a top 8 side, one would hazard a guess that Benji is a 50/50 chance of making it through the entirety of next season.

I just find it hard to believe and a bit depressing we only received 7 applicants out of hundreds of potential suitors.

This is an extremely poor outcome for a club in the top tier of rugby league on the planet.

We had 16 for Head Coach a only a few years ago.

And another 2005 appointment. Echoes of Tim and the matey recruitment program.

Id hoped that Richo and hb would have put their foot down and stopped this nonsense.

We spent a few years questioning the processes and protocols our club was operating under, and some of us thought if we addressed these properly we’d have better on field results.

All I wanted is a strictly merit approach to building the club up again, get the best people, old boys or not.

I don’t even care that we got the spoon again, it’s how we went about it and the increasing distance between the top clubs and us that worries me.

If we hadn’t won an extra couple of games this season and if Richo hadn’t blasted the crap at the spoon bowl hyenas I’d be almost done.

I guess I’d have to throw in JL as well. I hope we don’t kill his game. I don’t want him to end up like us fans and members.
Man, that last game f**ked the psyche of a lot of our fans out there. If we won that game, we'd have a lot more optimism on here...wether that would be false optimism or not.

I firmly believe our club is in a better position now than it was 12 months ago. We play a better brand of football and have some potential brewing in a few positions.....that was not the case 12 months ago.

Our management is 100% better than it was 12 months ago. I firmly believe Benji will be under the microscope next year and Richo will pull that trigger if Benji does not make further improvement. I was a big critic of employing Benji.......but he has improved the squad this year and is worth giving him another year.

Man, that last game f**ked the psyche of a lot of our fans out there. If we won that game, we'd have a lot more optimism on here...wether that would be false optimism or not.

I firmly believe our club is in a better position now than it was 12 months ago. We play a better brand of football and have some potential brewing in a few positions.....that was not the case 12 months ago.

Our management is 100% better than it was 12 months ago. I firmly believe Benji will be under the microscope next year and Richo will pull that trigger if Benji does not make further improvement. I was a big critic of employing Benji.......but he has improved the squad this year and is worth giving him another year.
Benji will get another year or most of it.

But have you seen Hodgo’s coaching record?

He makes Benji look like Craig Bellamy.

I’m not suggesting he’s a bad guy, but he’s no coach.

There was a count on another forum, we have well and truly saturated our club with 2005 alumni and it’s never worked.

We desperately need proper management structures. That will be Richos best gift.

I’m over the mate. I’m tired of the club being used as entertainment for failed dictators and corporate candy store poppers.

You are right about spoon bowl.

Latest posts