What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Tigers club news

DCE and others have spoken about the good experiences in rep sides meeting and mingling with other players they don’t know too well.

Seyfarth had a great season and I’m hoping he keeps on going up the diagonal.

Just a few games there, he lit up.

In the meantime:

6BDD8269-E3A5-4E2F-A28B-34F8FBB0C130.jpeg

B940DA5C-3BE3-4DEF-B569-2D7E7609E723.jpeg

The girls seem to have the best of both worlds. Beauty and brawn!

Well done Sarah and of course Sam.

You see Ute and the entitlement and it can get depressing, but it seems to be offset by some excellent youngsters who shine brightly.

This club does my head in!

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
DCE and others have spoken about the good experiences in rep sides meeting and mingling with other players they don’t know too well.

Seyfarth had a great season and I’m hoping he keeps on going up the diagonal.

Just a few games there, he lit up.

In the meantime:

View attachment 95369

View attachment 95370

The girls seem to have the best of both worlds. Beauty and brawn!

Well done Sarah and of course Sam.

You see Ute and the entitlement and it can get depressing, but it seems to be offset by some excellent youngsters who shine brightly.

This club does my head in!
Sarah your my fav. Absolute champion.

Nutz

Bench
I was reading a post on twitter about our club's involvement with school PR.

Joliet Jake said, ........." Please WestsTigers, explain to me how my daughter that goes to Rozelle Public school, with close to 700 kids, has been visited by the Swans twice since she started, and not WT"

If she is concerned she can email the WT Community and request a visit but it does raise a concerning point.
Whilst our club does heaps of work with schools and hospitals etc, we have hundreds of players, so visits should cover all major schools in our catchment.

For Aussie rules to take over they need big ovals so in reality I don't think they could beat us in surburbia. Hence keeping venues like Leichhardt Oval alive and kicking is important.

The Rosco

Bench
I was reading a post on twitter about our club's involvement with school PR.

Joliet Jake said, ........." Please WestsTigers, explain to me how my daughter that goes to Rozelle Public school, with close to 700 kids, has been visited by the Swans twice since she started, and not WT"

If she is concerned she can email the WT Community and request a visit but it does raise a concerning point.
Whilst our club does heaps of work with schools and hospitals etc, we have hundreds of players, so visits should cover all major schools in our catchment.

For Aussie rules to take over they need big ovals so in reality I don't think they could beat us in surburbia. Hence keeping venues like Leichhardt Oval alive and kicking is important.
Unfortunately, it has been so for many years now. And it's not a WT thing . . . it's the NRL as a whole.
I don't know if the NRL is doing the wrong thing, or the afl are working harder to get a stronger footprint across the schools. I supply a bit of sportswear to some schools, and I can remember back as far as 9 or 10 years ago that afl was giving schools full sets of afl jerseys free of charge. Like, $700 odd worth of jerseys . . . plus other training gear as well !!
We surmised at the time that league had it's way for so many years, that maybe they thought they had the God given right to all the kiddies.
But the afl have been very active in getting schools on their side.

Unfortunately, it has been so for many years now. And it's not a WT thing . . . it's the NRL as a whole.
I don't know if the NRL is doing the wrong thing, or the afl are working harder to get a stronger footprint across the schools. I supply a bit of sportswear to some schools, and I can remember back as far as 9 or 10 years ago that afl was giving schools full sets of afl jerseys free of charge. Like, $700 odd worth of jerseys . . . plus other training gear as well !!
We surmised at the time that league had it's way for so many years, that maybe they thought they had the God given right to all the kiddies.
But the afl have been very active in getting schools on their side.
You think our club could at least give our local high schools a couple of wooden spoons to use in home cooking economics

Just as a good-will gesture, let them know we care.

Better than Richo trying to sell kiddie memberships, competing with dope and weapons pushers out the front of the school playgrounds at 2pm or whenever they close these days.

Nutz

Bench
You think our club could at least give our local high schools a couple of wooden spoons to use in home cooking economics

Just as a good-will gesture, let them know we care.

Better than Richo trying to sell kiddie memberships, competing with dope and weapons pushers out the front of the school playgrounds at 2pm or whenever they close these days.
I think the more the young players involved themselves with the kids it could keep them grounded.

Latest posts