What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Tigers Trivia

Nutz

Bench
Q1. Can you remember 6 Wests Tigers players who have represented Australia?
Q2. What about Wests Tigers players who have represented England?
Have a go without searching.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Q1. I can think of four who played for us when they represented Australia - Farah, Lawrence, Galloway & Prince.

Terry Hill and possibly Anthony Lafranchi represented Australia but not when they played with us.

Q2. Bateman and Ellis come to mind. Heinington played for England but I think he was at Cronulla when he represented.

Q1 edit - Lotte Tuquiri?

Nutz

Bench
Q1. I can think of four who played for us when they represented Australia - Farah, Lawrence, Galloway & Prince.

Terry Hill and possibly Anthony Lafranchi represented Australia but not when they played with us.

Q2. Bateman and Ellis come to mind. Heinington played for England but I think he was at Cronulla when he represented.
Wow FR, some good answers there.
I have truely brained dumped the answers which I saved so I'm going off memory.
I have Ellis, Heino and Bateman in my brain.
I thought Heino was a WT when he played for England. I remember the snide remarks about his eligibility, could be wrong.
For the Aussies, the obvious one for me is Woodsy.
What about Loti?
Did Hodgson play for Oz?

Front-Rower

First Grade
Tedesco and Ado Carr are the only other ones who have obviously played at Wests Tigers and represented Australia. I can’t think of anyone else who played for us at any point of time and represented Australia.

Nutz

Bench
Tedesco and Ado Carr are the only other ones who have obviously played at Wests Tigers and represented Australia. I can’t think of anyone else who played for us at any point of time and represented Australia.
Ado Carr wasn't at WT when played for Oz I'm sure
I just peaked at the answers and we've covered them all.
Heighno played for England in 2011 whilst at WT. Also 2017 when playing for Cronulla.

simmo1

First Grade

Klemmer and Tamou both played for Australia before playing for us. I am not sure if Luke O'Donnell got a Kangaroo jersey.

Llangennech

Juniors
Kangaroos - Woods, Farah, Prince, Tamou, Fifita, Lawrence, Tuqiri

Them over there - Heighington, Ellis, Bateman

Front-Rower

First Grade
Klemmer and Tamou both played for Australia before playing for us. I am not sure if Luke O'Donnell got a Kangaroo jersey.
Yes, you are right. I’m pretty sure O’Donnell did but in the spirit of this thread I won’t google it.

It’s hard to believe we have had this many Australian reps or past/future reps in our squad over the years considering our performances.

Nutz

Bench
Wow simmo, Luke O'Donnell is interesting. It looks like he started rep games when he joined the cowboys in 04/05. Who was the WT player that wishboned him and stuffed up his career somewhat. It started a bitter rivalry between us.

Vic Mackey

Referee

Odonnell played for Australia as did laffranchi, both after they left us. Prince played while with us and then the titans too

simmo1

First Grade
Yes, you are right. I’m pretty sure O’Donnell did but in the spirit of this thread I won’t google it.

It’s hard to believe we have had this many Australian reps or past/future reps in our squad over the years considering our performances.

It's probably not that many compared to other clubs. Not many of these Kangaroo reps were playing their best footy with us. Probably only Tedesco, Farah and Lawrence the only Australians playing consistent international standard footy at the Tigers.

We've had plenty of Kiwi reps though. Must be nearly double the amount of Australian reps. Most playing for us when selected too.

1 Lolohea
2 Tuiaki
3 Whatiura
5 Utai
6 Marshal
8 Matulino
9 Halatau
10 Cayless
11 Papalii
12 Harrison
13 Blair

14 Taylor
15 Smith
16 McCracken
17 Packer

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
It's probably not that many compared to other clubs. Not many of these Kangaroo reps were playing their best footy with us. Probably only Tedesco, Farah and Lawrence the only Australians playing consistent international standard footy at the Tigers.

We've had plenty of Kiwi reps though. Must be nearly double the amount of Australian reps. Most playing for us when selected too.

1 Lolohea
2 Tuiaki
3 Whatiura
5 Utai
6 Marshal
8 Matulino
9 Halatau
10 Cayless
11 Papalii
12 Harrison
13 Blair

14 Taylor
15 Smith
16 McCracken
17 Packer
Great post Simmo.
It's not surprising the amount of kiwi/Polynesians reps as they make up big numbers.
It would be an interesting exercise to find out the % compared to non kiwi/Polynesian players in the NRL.

Vic Mackey

Referee

1 Lolohea
2 Tuiaki
3 Whatiura
5 Utai
6 Marshal
8 Matulino
9 Halatau
10 Cayless
11 Papalii
12 Harrison
13 Blair

14 Taylor
15 Smith
16 McCracken
17 Packer
How could you forget Esan Marsters!

man what a gal from grace that guy had, he as amazing in 2019

simmo1

First Grade
How could you forget Esan Marsters!

man what a gal from grace that guy had, he as amazing in 2019

Good get! The only other back I thought of this afternoon was Luke Covell. I missed Marty Taupau as well who was probably better than any of the other forwards listed.

Das Hassler

Bench
Wow simmo, Luke O'Donnell is interesting. It looks like he started rep games when he joined the cowboys in 04/05. Who was the WT player that wishboned him and stuffed up his career somewhat. It started a bitter rivalry between us.

It was Liam Fulton

Latest posts