What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Magpies Premier League Trials

overtheline

Juniors
I do not feel that we are whinging. Please tell, what more can you do. The Magpies have been really struggling for a couple of years now. One can only attend the games, and try to gain info from the office. And I can tell you trying to remain interested and loyal is becoming more difficult. Communicating on the forum is just an way to communicate with other Magpie fans. So far I can see nothing derogative about individual players, maybe a little critical the managment. For the Magpies fans each new season comes about with an air of enthusiam and optimism.

girvie

Staff member
tigesup said:
I get your point but where has the info come from? Is it something you and other club supporters have done or is it from the clubs.

People are on about the website and I am disappointed that it is down and it doesn't seem very professional BUT I contacted Canberra about there junior reps (HM & SG Ball) and received a reply that they along with other sides would be put up when the new website is up. Admitedly at least they still have there old site up.
I think the information on player movements comes from a mixture of the clubs themselves, plus some supporters who are able to find out extra info.

But it is more than player movements. Like i was wondering who were the award winners were for the Magpies 2006 season. I don't know where to find out. Does anyone know?

girvie

Staff member
By the way i heard that Walter Imo and Pat Galea are back with Wests next year. Two of their best players from 2006.

Although Pat Galea is training with the fulltime Wests Tigers squad, so i don't know if that may mean he may end up at Balmain or not.

tigesup

Juniors
girvie said:
I think the information on player movements comes from a mixture of the clubs themselves, plus some supporters who are able to find out extra info.

But it is more than player movements. Like i was wondering who were the award winners were for the Magpies 2006 season. I don't know where to find out. Does anyone know?

Presentation night for all grades is on 24th November.

Mong Chariot

Juniors
Thankyou for your inquiry.

The Premier League Training Squad will be posted on our NEW Web Site within a few days I hope. Our Web Master has been working overtime for quite a while now creating what we believe will be an excellent site and in many respects better than many other NRL clubs offer. Unfortunately after the former site was corrupted after being 'hacked' into it has taken some time to get back on the air but I can assure everyone the wait will be worth it. We must remember that our Web Master is a volunteer and therefore performs much of the work in his own free time, on many occasions till the early hours of the morning.

As for who has been retained for next season from this years squad, we are hopeful of coming to terms with both Nathan and Brendan Waters within the next few days, Faitoa Asa, Pat Galea, Don Thompson will all be there. We have been agressive in the off season with our recruiting and are very pleased and excited with our Squad for next season. Every player recruited is capable for playing First Grade and we are extremely confident that we will be a competitive force in 2007. Keep an eye out for the squad on the website.

Kind Regards

Kevin Hammond
Chairman/General Manager

joejoe

Juniors
G'day guys.

Thanks for being patient. Its true the wests magpies site was hacked and we lost every single thing when we decided that the best method of protecting our members data was to format the server. And start again fresh.

Problem was that meant we lost everything!

All our picture files, databases, content the lot even our email accounts!

The 2nd problem was as the old site was an automated site, it meant next to none of the data was backed up offline. Of course we backed it up online, but a format erases that too! :oops: :crazy:

our 1992 style test only site was a stop gap filler till we could get the new site ready. We didn't want to waste time and resources making it look pretty .

The new site has been rushed out ahead of schedule so lacks the amount of content I would genuinely like it to have but slowly over the following weeks it will be completed. So expect new features to continue to appear for some time to come.

If you have any questions regarding the site and the new forum please don't hesitate to ask me webmaster@westsmagpies.net

Thanks

Graeme

Latest posts