What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests side v Bris

Mish

Juniors
With the pressure on them and going to a place like Suncorp of all places to have a run in 1st grade will be trying on them. It would of been better if they had a few tastes of 1st grade in other games, but sh*t happens. Now they have an opportunity so lets hope it pays off. If it doesn't I'm not going to whinge about it, at least we tried.

tiger_nick

Bench
With the pressure on them and going to a place like Suncorp of all places to have a run in 1st grade will be trying on them. It would of been better if they had a few tastes of 1st grade in other games, but sh*t happens. Now they have an opportunity so lets hope it pays off. If it doesn't I'm not going to whinge about it, at least we tried.

mish its not as if the guys are 18 year olds on debut.

they are both in their mid 20s and have been playing in the front row their whole careers. they will handle it fine.

Mish

Juniors
mish its not as if the guys are 18 year olds on debut.

they are both in their mid 20s and have been playing in the front row their whole careers. they will handle it fine.

And they have had how many games playing with this squad??? My point is it isn't an ideal time. But at least a time has come.

smeghead

Bench
Being props hopefully they will just be told to run straight and hard and that and tackling will be the only game plan they need be concerned with

tiger_nick

Bench
Being props hopefully they will just be told to run straight and hard and that and tackling will be the only game plan they need be concerned with

exactly right. a good props game isnt exactly rocket science. im sure they will be nervous and looking to impress, however as i said they arent babies coming up against guys they've watched whilst growing up.

Mish

Juniors
exactly right. a good props game isnt exactly rocket science. im sure they will be nervous and looking to impress, however as i said they arent babies coming up against guys they've watched whilst growing up.

Lets hope these nerves don't contribute to giving away penalties. I don't care what position they play, prop or halfback, new team, intimidating stadium, that many new faces to the team, rocket science or not it won't be easy and there have been plenty of times they could of been tested under better circumstances.

Ninja

Juniors
With the pressure on them and going to a place like Suncorp of all places to have a run in 1st grade will be trying on them.

Didnt seem to bother Chris Lawerance too much. The kid bagged a try and we ended up winning the match in his debut at Suncorp

Mish

Juniors
That game was special tho.

Look I'm not saying they are going to flop. In fact its quite the opposite, Im happy about the team. I just wish we would give players a go under better circumstances. There is no reason why they couldnt of played sooner, or at least were tested out more.

innsaneink

Referee
Theyve both had brief tastes of 1sts already so nerves shouldnt be as bad as say a rookie on debut...agree with SC, there shouldve been contingency plans put in place earlier, tandy,Laurie whoever on the end of a bench, the forwards problem is not like its just sprung up overnight