What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers-2005 NRL Premiers

innsaneink

Referee
Wests Tigers-2005 NRL Premiers
I like the looks of that!

wt2005premiers1ul.gif

steven_tiger

Juniors
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i still cant believe it!

unreal!

Slappy

Juniors
There's a lot of this 'better on the night' sh*t being bandied about on the forums at the moment, and frankly its got my back up.
Well we were better on the night when we won 8 straight in a row. We were better on the night when we beat the cowboys 50-6 in the 1st week of the finals. We were better on the night when we smacked those broncos, and also better on the night when we ended the dragons season. Well we were now apparently better on the night in the grand final too when we beat the cowboys 30-16. Seems to me people are still in denial as to how good the WESTS TIGERS are!

We are a far and away better team than the cowboys and certainly better than any other team in the competition. I don't want to come across as a sore winner but for f**ks sake, these guys have worked their arses off. This whole cinderella this and fairytale that doesn't sit right with me. The Wests Tigers success was earned. They obliterated opposition in this final series, and they deserve respect for their style of play which will no doubt alter the way many teams play in the following years. The Premiership this year was the culmination of years of smart recruiting and the perfect blend of youthful enthusiasm and exuberance with good old fasioned level-headed coaching. Of course there was a pinch of sheer freakish talent thrown in as well. Sheens was smart enough to get the team to play to their strengths and not try to create robots. Tim Sheens has been a revelation for Wests Tigers, he's a friggin' genius!

The tigers are the rightful premiers, no other team deserved it more!

And congrats to all fellow wests tigers supporters, what a fantastic season it has been!!! Woohoo!!!!

Kid

Juniors
Slappy said:
There's a lot of this 'better on the night' sh*t being bandied about on the forums at the moment, and frankly its got my back up.
Well we were better on the night when we won 8 straight in a row. We were better on the night when we beat the cowboys 50-6 in the 1st week of the finals. We were better on the night when we smacked those broncos, and also better on the night when we ended the dragons season. Well we were now apparently better on the night in the grand final too when we beat the cowboys 30-16. Seems to me people are still in denial as to how good the WESTS TIGERS are!

We are a far and away better team than the cowboys and certainly better than any other team in the competition. I don't want to come across as a sore winner but for f**ks sake, these guys have worked their arses off. This whole cinderella this and fairytale that doesn't sit right with me. The Wests Tigers success was earned. They obliterated opposition in this final series, and they deserve respect for their style of play which will no doubt alter the way many teams play in the following years. The Premiership this year was the culmination of years of smart recruiting and the perfect blend of youthful enthusiasm and exuberance with good old fasioned level-headed coaching. Of course there was a pinch of sheer freakish talent thrown in as well. Sheens was smart enough to get the team to play to their strengths and not try to create robots. Tim Sheens has been a revelation for Wests Tigers, he's a friggin' genius!

And congrats to all fellow wests tigers supporters, what a fantastic season it has been!!! Woohoo!!!!
Mate i think most people genuinely don't mean to take anything away from us when they say "on the night". I understand where you are coming from, and don't believe luck scores you 134 points to 40 in the 4 finals matches. SOME opposition supporters are looking for any excuse to rob Wests of their rightful position as Premiers (for this year). You will find most of those are fans of clubs we eliminated. Just enjoy the win, soak it up, it's the best sporting moment in my 30 years of living.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Slappy said:

relax mate?
wheres there premiership?

Slappy

Juniors
Yeah thanks guys, I really shouldn't be complaining but it was this and also the way the tigers got snubbed in the test team selection. I was really hoping Skando and Hodgson would get a call up, just seems there is still a bias against us.

Anyway it is great to be a wests tigers fan!
Woohoo!

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
yeah its a disgrace
but the problem is england and co arent going to be competitive
so these guys will go over and smash them again like always, and this time next year they will say "we will show loyalty to the guys who did it for us last year"

fact is you could put any decent player in there and theyd go ok against the poms\nz and playing alongside johnsy and co

Darth Bobo

I think Rhino summed up the way I feel the best....."It's F***ing Awesome" "It's F***ing Unbelievable".

And thinking ahead to next year, we have only lost 2 players whilst signing 4 and Sheens has proven that he can motivate players to back it up with consistent finals appearences at former clubs, once again................."It's F***ing Awesome" "It's F***ing Unbelievable". :D

Caged Panther

First Grade
Slappy you weren't better on the day when the panthers beat you!!

But seriously congratulations, these are good days for you guys. But the real challangee comes next season when everyone rises when they meat you because your the premiers.

See you in 2006.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Darth Bobo said:
I think Rhino summed up the way I feel the best....."It's F***ing Awesome" "It's F***ing Unbelievable".

And thinking ahead to next year, we have only lost 2 players
being petty but anyway Richards, Elford , O'Neill from last nights team and if your looking at depth then Cashmere, Wilson and Reynolds from the 25 man squad.

But the real only important 2 ure right, Elford and Richards.

Darth Bobo

incomparable said:
People have to remember that their best player is a kiwi

He could be a dirty Frenchman at this stage mate for the difference it makes when he helps your team to Premiership Glory.

Benji, Paul, Dene, Bronson and any others bless, your little Kiwi hearts.

j_tig

Juniors
fanbloodytastic!!! i was that stoked (and drunk to tell the truth) at fulltime that i didnt even know wat the score was! i was so incredibly happy that we had won!! i think pretty much everyone in my phone received a msg containing the chorus from we are the champions!!!
Wests Tigers-2005 NRL Premiers, i love it!!!

Slappy

Juniors
Caged Panther said:
Slappy you weren't better on the day when the panthers beat you!!

But seriously congratulations, these are good days for you guys. But the real challangee comes next season when everyone rises when they meat you because your the premiers.

See you in 2006.

That's true mate, the panthers gave the tigers a lesson that day!

Leethal

Juniors
Congratulations Wests Tigers and Scott Prince. :clap: :alcho:

Can't believe only one Tigpie in the Aussie team :shock: .............

j_tig

Juniors
yep selectors are a joke! i feel that the only reason prince got selected was to try and prevent wests fans (rightfully) whinging. i mean does anyone expect him to get a game with the other players in the squad? any credibility the selectors had went out the window with mason, tate and waterhouse gaining selection

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
a bit belated, but I've been away from my computer

I would like to congratulate the Tigers and their fans on a great win ans a great show of support.

I would especialy like to congratulate Pat Richards.

It would have been a great injustice if he missed out on the GF, as he did with the Eels in 2001, I felt very sorry for him when he injured his ankle.

Not only did he play, the Tiges won, ands it was was well deserved, I'm glad he played and got the chance to win an NRL grand final

congrats guys

enjoy