What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers take over bid

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Out of curiosity, when a company goes broke & the shell of it is bought out by someone else, what happens to the history of the company that failed?

Does it disappear like the debt & liabilities of the defunct entity?

Asking for my mate Russ..

A merged entity is still the sum of two clubs. Balmain and Magpies are stronger as the Western Sydney Tigers, which means RL is stronger. You're better off having a strong club than two clubs battling for survival.

See it's you who don't understand that while Wests and Balmain date back to 1908 they no longer exist as NRL clubs. The new entity whom you support has only been around for 20 years. It's really not that hard a concept to grasp, even for a mentally challenged Mergepies fan like yourself.
The merged entity is stronger and more viable. That's all that matters in business. There's no guarantee there won't be another merger between other clubs. Anything can happen in sports and business.

Your club is still called South Sydney, but it's relocated to Western Sydney as that's where its fans live. Don't be surprised if they become the Western Sydney Rabbitohs as Redfern becomes more gentrified.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I, for one, acknowledge West’s Tigers for being foundation clubs and for their 16 premierships..

I reckon they’ll get to 22 before souffs do too..

Jim Rockford

Bench
I, for one, acknowledge West’s Tigers for being foundation clubs and for their 16 premierships..

They have as much chance of that happening as Stain Merge do, what with their paltry single premiership to their name as well.

wazdog

Juniors
The merged entity is stronger and more viable. That's all that matters in business. There's no guarantee there won't be another merger between other clubs. Anything can happen in sports and business.

Your club is still called South Sydney, but it's relocated to Western Sydney as that's where its fans live. Don't be surprised if they become the Western Sydney Rabbitohs as Redfern becomes more gentrified.

You haven't been to Redfern in the last 10 years have you?

Also, we're just about to commence the build of our High Performance & Community Centre in Maroubra, the heart of Western Sydney.

In that case do you also acknowledge their 21 wooden spoons which is next to St Kilda in Australian sport at 27. I'd also guess its probably in the top 10 of last place performances across all professional football codes world wide.

Also would West Tigers hold the record of most wooden spoons in a row of 3 from 1961 to 1963 since we're adding records together now?

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
In that case do you also acknowledge their 21 wooden spoons which is next to St Kilda in Australian sport at 27. I'd also guess its probably in the top 10 of last place performances across all professional football codes world wide.
Why would I acknowledge one thing but not another? There’s a lot of spoons there, but you can’t appreciate the sweetness of 16 premierships without tasting the sourness of 21 spoons..

Also would West Tigers hold the record of most wooden spoons in a row of 3 from 1961 to 1963 since we're adding records together now?
Well, yes, clearly..

Although that’s a shared title.. The knights also had their run of 3 in a row just recently..

verticalsmile

Juniors
Wow. Look at those clubs existing. Thanks for posting that evidence.
Sorry mate looks like your not edumacated enuff ill try and help you.

Wests Tigers
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search
Wests Tigers

Club information
Full name
Wests Tigers Rugby League Football Pty
Colours Black
White
Gold
Founded 27 July 1999
Website weststigers.com.au
Current details
Ground(s)

CEO Justin Pascoe
Chairman Lee Hagipantelis
Coach Michael Maguire
Captain James Tamou
Competition National Rugby League
2021 season 14th

Away colours
Records
Premierships
1 (2005)
Runners-up None
Minor premiership
None
Most capped
277 - Robbie Farah
Highest points scorer 1181 - Benji Marshall
The Wests Tigers are an Australian professional rugby league football team, based in the Inner West and Western Sydney. They have competed in the National Rugby League since being formed at the end of the 1999 NRL season as a joint-venture club between the Balmain Tigers and the Western Suburbs Magpies.

The Wests Tigers started playing in the 2000 NRL season and they won their maiden premiership in 2005. It is one of only two clubs (the other being the Newcastle Knights) that has never lost a Grand Final in which it has participated.[1] The club also won the World Sevens in 2004.

Jim Rockford

Bench
You still don't get it Senses. How about you go over to England and go to a match at Old Trafford. Go up to some Man U supporters and try telling them their club history only extends back to 2005 (when they were taken over by Glazer). After they stop laughing and pick themselves up off the ground, they will probably give you a good ol fashioned kickin' while telling you what a brain damaged moron you are.

verticalsmile

Juniors

Meanwhile....

Read the whole article mate...

PS: Blackcourt League Investments Pty Ltd, established 09 Feb 2006!
Meanwhile....

Read the whole article mate...

PS: Blackcourt League Investments Pty Ltd, established 09 Feb 2006!

Club information
Full name
South Sydney District Rugby League Football Club
Nickname(s) Official
Rabbitohs, Souths
Colloquial
The Bunnies, The Rabbits
The Red and Green,
The Cardinal and Myrtle
Colours Primary
Cardinal Red
Myrtle Green