What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers Team Named for Round 7

Governator

Juniors
JOINT CAPTAINS FOR WESTS TIGERS

Wests Tigers Coach Tim Sheens has named his side to play Parramatta Eels at Parramatta Stadium on Friday, April 21, in round 7 of the Telstra Premiership. Kick-off is 7.30pm.

Sheens has named joint captains for the game in Scott Prince and Ben Galea to replace the injured Brett Hodgson. The format has been successfully used by the Melbourne Storm and AFL team, Sydney Swans.

"Scott and Ben will share the captaincy role and it will give them some more experience in that area until Brett returns from injury,'' Sheens said.

Shannon McDonnell has been named at full-back to replace Hodgson. Anthony Laffranchi returns to the side after serving a two game suspension while Bryce Gibbs has overcome a back injury after missing last week's win over Cronulla.

Hooker Isaac De Gois has also been named on a five-man interchange bench.

1: Shannon McDonnell
2: Michael Crockett
3: Dean Collis
4: Paul Whatuira
5: Shane Elford
6: Daniel Fitzhenry
7: Scott Prince (c)
8: Todd Payten
9: Robbie Farah
10: John Skandalis
11: Chris Heighington
12: Ben Galea (c)
13: Jamaal Lolesi

Interchange:
14: Anthony Laffranchi
15: Bryce Gibbs
16: Keith Galloway
17: Ryan O'Hara
18: Isaac De Gois

That Rocky kid they were going nuts about didn't last long, did he.

PB

Bench
Don't get me wrong, they are a very good team, but if Daniel Fitzhenry is the worst player in the NRL, then Lolesi isn't far behind.

I think we are a chance here...

The Colonel

Immortal
That is easily the biggest side I have seen them name for a long time.

They lack direction though without Marshall and Hodgson but are still dangerous while Farah is on the park. Personally I think he and Hogy had the most influence on their season last year despite the accolades Prince and Bunji received.

The Colonel

Immortal
Avenger said:
and if we don't, we are officially f*cked.

Agree?

Ever the optimist, no. Dragons sat in pretty much the same position last year and finished second.......

If it was Round 10 I'd still not concede.

Avenger

Immortal
The Colonel said:
Ever the optimist, no. Dragons sat in pretty much the same position last year and finished second.......

If it was Round 10 I'd still not concede.

Seriously, I wish I was like you

The Colonel

Immortal
Avenger said:
Seriously, I wish I was like you

A lot of people do.... ;-)

We need to start winning but the season is far from over at Round 7 - win, lose or draw. The Cowboys werte in a very similar position to the one they are in now. The faded but held on to make the GF even after having 50 put on them in the first round of the finals. It's a funny game.....

Hurriflatch

Referee
While what you've said is true Colonel it's also time to start winning this can't go on for too much longer having only 1 win after 10 rounds will be close to season ending.

If Parra can win their next 3 games (v Tigers, Manly and Canberra) which are all very winable which will see Parra on 10 points coming into round 10 it will put the season back on track.

A lot of teams will lose to the Knights, Broncos and Cowboys this year so Parra haven't lost too much ground in that regard but games against the likes of the Raiders and a Tigers team minus Hodgson and Marshall are really games Parra must win if they want to do anything this year.

The Colonel said:
That is easily the biggest side I have seen them name for a long time.

They lack direction though without Marshall and Hodgson but are still dangerous while Farah is on the park. Personally I think he and Hogy had the most influence on their season last year despite the accolades Prince and Bunji received.

Beat me to it Colonel..that is a pretty frickin' talented pack...they will want to take it to us and dig us deeper into a hole.

We will have to be at our best to win this. I hope the Tigers have an off night because if they are on it could be curtains.

ParraAds

Juniors
well they may have a great forward pack..... but we have... .stringer...and....robinson...go us!